Working 15 hours per week, you will be responsible for processing and running payroll for approximately 140 employees inclusive of commissions, expenses, bonuses and overtime.
* Input data provided by Payroll Input Forms into Pegasus, including commission, bonuses, overtime and hours worked by casuals
* Deduct advances and attachment of earnings when applicable
* Check expenses, add nominal codes, calculate VAT and input into Pegasus
* Check mileage calculations and input into Pegasus (update HMRC recommended reimbursement rates every quarter and communicate to IT for amendment on intranet)
* SMP payments – calculate higher and lower rates of SMP at start of maternity leave, zeroise basic pay and calculate number of weeks of SMP to pay; update ongoing record
* Update childcare salary sacrifice scheme as required and maintain monthly spreadsheet
* Starters – calculate pay and car allowance due, create record (personal details, P45 details, bank account details, payment and deductions sheets, pension postponement details)
* Leavers – calculate pay and car allowance due, update record
* Make supplementary payment as requested by Finance Director and issue Revised Manual PayslipPay HMRC
* Update and print Nominal Ledger Analysis and Cashbook transfer
* Update groups A, B, C, N and S
* File FPS, any supplementary FPS and EPS (observing HMRC deadlines)
* Assess status at end of postponement period (three months)
Essential Skills/ Experience
* Candidates must have in-depth experience of the full payroll process
* Ability to work 15 hours a week (office based)
* Good working knowledge of a payroll system (preferably Pegasus, not essential)
Candidates' suitability for positions will be judged exclusively on criteria relating to qualifications, knowledge, skills, experience and attitude. There will be no discrimination on any other grounds.
Due to the volume of applications for this vacancy Platinum Resourcing will only be contacting those candidates that we feel meet the strict criteria our client has stipulated. If you don't hear from us within 3 working days, please accept our apologies but we are unable to help you on this occasion.
Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for further vacancies