INTERIM DIRECTOR OF FINANCE TO £60,000
My client an international charity is seeking a qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA accountant to work with the Chief Executive and Trustees
* Provide strong financial stewardship, leading on all financial aspects of the organisation including budgets and controls, internal financial procedures and processes, management and statutory accounting and audit, procedures/internal controls on finance / HR / IT etc both at organisational and programme level. * Develop annual and medium term plans for specific areas of responsibility; managing the performance and support of all direct reports, ensuring effective delivery of Finance/HR/IT etc; * The post holder will also act as Company Secretary to the UK Board.
The role extends beyond Finance to encompass responsibility for IT and premises/office services as well as HR and Governance. Key within this role is ensuring that effective financial, legal, tax, treasury, human resources, administration and health and safety policies and systems are in place, documented, understood and adhered to by staff both in the UK and in the country programmes. Be a professionally qualified Accountant with significant international development experience at senior level contributing to an organisation's strategic direction
* Been responsible for financial reporting and be used to explaining and interpreting financial information for non-specialists in an international organisation;
* Reviewing, setting and managing budgets, producing management accounts and forecasts
* Experience of developing financial strategy/ business planning and effective treasury management. * You will be passionate about new technologies and have an up to date understanding of what is possible.
* Ideally, you will have managed a multi-location project to install a new accounting system and common chart of accounts
* You will have a good understanding of HR strategy and administration.
* Strong understanding of good governance across multiple countries, ideally also having acted as Company Secretary in a previous role
* Been used to interacting with senior decision makers and Board members on strategy and organisational development and contributing clear financial messages
* Experience of working with USAID, DFID, EU and UN funds highly desirable
* Experience of working with international partners, supporting budget planning and financial management;
* Have had responsibility for, or have detailed knowledge of, other central corporate services such as HR and IT
* An understanding of organisation accounting, including donor reporting The successful candidate will have · Strong communication skills both written and verbal, blended with a confident and personable manner · An analytical ability to quickly understand new or evolving situations, and to develop strategies to deal with such situations / solutions focussed. · Able to work flexibly, under pressure and to meet demanding deadlines, with the ability to prioritise and manage conflicting demands · Ability to think strategically yet still be prepared to be hands-on · High energy levels, resilience and tenacity · You will have a high level analytical and interpretative problem solving ability