We want someone prepared to consider a fixed-term contract, who wants a permanent job" were the words used to describe this Financial Controller opportunity.
There's no guarantee of a permanent job but there's a strong possibility you'll become a member of the team when you complete this 12-month contract, or you may even be offered a role in the investment group if that's of interest. If you're a specialist interim contractor, they're also happy to consider your application.
Autonomy, responsibility and being part of the on-site management team are on offer here.
You'll be in charge of the financial control for a major construction project.
As the sole finance person on-site, you'll operate autonomously, though you'll have a strong dotted-line to the CEO.
You'll be supported and report to the Project Finance Director who is based in London, and you'll manage the relationship with the external accounting team who look after day-to-day bookkeeping and transactional accounting.
You'll take care of the financial reporting to ensure things stay on track and you'll forecast cashflow to ensure the right amounts of funds are drawn down every month.
Having the confidence to communicate with people at all levels, make decisions, and admit when you don't know something, will go a long way.
You'll have a background in financial management and control, a Chartered accounting qualification, and a desire to take on a leading role as a Financial Controller.
If this sounds of interest, please contact Paul at Paul Card Recruitment for more information or click "apply" now
Currently recruiting for a 12 month Fixed Term Contract - Financial Analyst - paying between £29,000 - £31,000 - based close to Derby - working for a FTSE 250 business
Financial Analyst - Derby - 12 month FTC - £29,000 - £31,000
* Regular reporting to key stakeholders, identifying key assumptions, caveats, R&O
* Support the production of procurement business cases for sign off internally and subsequent approval by customer
* Manage overhead functional costs providing variance analysis and challenge spend with stakeholder
* Provide balance sheet control and reconciliations to Commercial Controller for own area providing insight on key changes or otherwise
Here's what we need from you:
* Actively studying towards being qualified accountant CIMA / ACCA or equivalent
* Experience in financial management and/or analytics
* Relevant experience similar business sectors, competitor or customer organisations
At Liberty HR Recruitment we are really excited to be exclusively partnering a new client in recruiting an Interim HR Business Partner. The role, the company and its plans, the brand and HR Team is all extremely attractive, so much so, here at Liberty HR we were thinking of applying ourselves!!
You will work collaboratively with all stakeholders in the business to help deliver the organisation’s strategic goals. This will be achieved by adopting a responsive client and solution focused approach.
You will build credibility and trust through your ability to build strong relationships, deliver commercially sound and considered HR solutions, working effectively as part of the wider HR and business teams. Have an in-depth working knowledge and understanding of HR legislation, principles, policies and procedures.
You will also look to improve internal processes/services | conduct exit interviews | assist with cyclical events | support monthly payroll | mentor HR Administrators.
Key activities include:
Coaching and supporting leaders in all aspects of HR and people matters | finding commercial and appropriate solutions | proactively promote HR interventions | provide sound judgement and advice | manage all employee relations cases | produce management information |
Preferably CIPD Level 7 qualified, with experience of operating in a pro-active, dynamic HR role with a strong client service ethos and delivery focus. Pro-active, flexible approach, commercial understanding, resilient and positive attitude to change. You will also be IT proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
The salary for this position will be in the range £45,000 - £50,000 for 35 hours per week, and flexible working arrangements will be considered for the right person
Assistant Accountant / East Sussex / Finance
A leading business based in the East Sussex area are seeking an Assistant Accountant on a contract basis.
This is a varied Assistant Accountant role that will involve:
Month end processing
Ad hoc accounting required by the Assistant Financial AccountantProfile
Our client is interested in candidates that are either immediately available or finishing up a contract shortly. Knowledge of Xero is useful but not essential. An accountancy qualification would also be a welcome addition.
£27-30,000 + benefits
Assistant Accountant / Brighton / Accountancy
A rowing Brighton based organisation are seeking an Assistant Accountant on a contract basis for 12 months.
As Assistant Accountant you will be responsible for:
* Deal with ad-hoc queries from both internal and external parties
* Ensure that all processes are managed as per documented best practices
* Processing and raising sales invoices for clients
* Accounting for client payments received
* Producing weekly Aged Debtors to be provided to Sales Team with notation of accounts to be chased
* Liaising with Sales Team to confirm ground handlers' costs and preparing reports for bank payments
* Processing ground handlers' expenses invoices and reconciling ground handler supplier accounts to supplier statements
* Posting all bank transactions on a weekly basis
* Bank reconciliations including currencies
* Reconciliation of debtor and creditor control accounts
* Posting payroll journals and reconciliation of payroll control accounts
* Posting other nominal journals required and reconciliation of other inter-company and other control accounts
* Preparation of monthly VAT report including & reconciliation of control account
* Producing a weekly cash balance report of bank balances including currency conversion
* Producing a weekly & monthly exchange rate report for costing purposes
AAT qualified or at a similar level with knowledge of accounting systems and excel. Immediately available or on a shorter notice period.
Internal Auditor (International role)
West Central London
* 9 Month Contract.
* Qualified ACA/ACCA or equivalent.
* Privately owned highly entrepreneurial.
* International travel predominantly Europe.
About the Company
My client is a privately owned, highly entrepreneurial organisation providing specialist financial services across Europe, North America, Southern Africa and Hong Kong. With an impressive track record of growth, the business has added exciting new trading locations and a newly developed centralised financial function in London will form the heart of financial management and control for the group. The need has arisen to recruit a high calibre Internal Auditor to cover for a period of maternity.
About the role
Reporting to the Group Financial Controller, you will perform audits of local “in country” company financial processes, procedures and management reporting. Along with a planned audit cycle there will be random audit checks performed across the group. Much of the time will be spent at the operating company locations necessitating significant European travel.
* Completion of assigned audits within budgeted timeframes and costs.
* Detailed audit reporting to country management teams and Group Executive.
* Recommendation of appropriate solutions to process changes, risks and control issues.
* Management of Group risk register.
* Developing effective working relationship with staff and management across the business.
* Available as a pro-active troubleshooting resource should any issues arise.
* Supporting the development and implementation of Group financial procedures.
* Ad hoc financial support as directed by the senior management team.
* Excellent oral and written English language skills, other European languages a plus.
* Willingness to travel (Europe).
* Strong interpersonal skills, a proactive and ’no surprises’ approach in communicating issues.
* Excellent analytical ability
I am looking for motivated, Night shift Case Handlers (Administrators) that are ready for a challenge and would like to be part of a busy team and expanding organisation. This is an opportunity for someone to to make a real difference to a rapidly expanding company and the chance to work for a well known bank.
You will be provided with full training as well as rewarded and encouraged to do the best job that you can do.
PLEASE NOTE YOU MUST BE ABLE TO PASS A CREDIT CHECK AS WELL AS A FULL CRIMINAL AND DISCLOSURE SCOTLAND CHECK
Hours of work are 7pm - 7am (x3 12hr Night shifts) Working nights will be over Sunday to Thursday and will remain the same three days for the contract (to be discussed) Contract is expected to last until at least July 2020
This will give you the opportunity to find a job you love and you will never work a day in your life. Some of the staff who work in this department would say it's the most challenging although enjoyable job they have ever had and Search Office Services are now recruiting for several new team members to join this busy and bustling administration team.
This opportunity a temporary assignment and will be ongoing, with the opportunity to secure permanent work for the right candidates.
As a Data Entry Assistant you will need to work quickly and accurately, be very organised, proactive in approach and you will also need to be assertive in nature.
A typical shift involves......
Data and information gathering
Provide customers with a first class service and a positive experience
Providing full administration support at all times.
Updating in house systems with critical information accurately
To be considered you must have.....
Excellent attention to detail
Experience of using Microsoft office packages
First class communication skills
Experience of managing own workload
The ability to work on own initiative
Experience of working to KPI's and targets
If you would like to know more, please apply now. Otherwise contact Nikita at the Glasgow office.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age
Part Time Assistant Accountant - Royston - 12 Months FTC
£24,000 - £27,000 per annum (3 days a week)
Our client, a highly impressive entity going through a fantastic period of growth is currently looking to source an immediately available Assistant Accountant to join their dynamic team on an initial 12 Months Fixed Term Contract with great potential for the role to go permanent.
- Preparation of general ledger journal entries to record accounting transactions including prepayments and accruals, recharges and monthly revaluations
- Accurate maintenance of fixed asset registers including, recording additions/disposals, depreciation entries and reconciliation to the general ledger
- Intercompany invoicing, processing and reconciliation
- Preparation of VAT returns
- Preparation of monthly finance packs, account analysis and reconciliations
- Documentation and monitoring of internal controls and procedures
- Ah hoc tasks as required
The successful individual will be an immediately available Accounting Assistant with previous experience handling large amounts of data and figures. You will have strong attention to detail and be highly organised. You will have a 'hands on' attitude and intellect to drill in to transaction detail. You will have strong analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
Our client will provide a structured and supportive working environment and a culture that is known to foster a great mix of social and professional interaction.
Vitae Financial Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy
Vitae are delighted to be working with a renowned Housing Association in London to source a top-calibre Financial Accountant to join their team. This is a key role for the business that will also be managing and mentoring one part-qualified member of the finance team.
This is an initial 18-month contract so candidates who are available to start at short notice would be preferred.
-Production of the annual financial accounts
-Periodic Tax Returns
-Production of the monthly trial balances
-Contributing to internal and external audit processes
-Ensuring that the organisation's accounting practice complies with reporting
-Managing one part-qualified accountant
This would be a perfect opportunity for a technically strong, Qualified Accountant with experience in the housing / property sector. Excellent communication skills will be essential as a large part of the role will involve communicating complex financial information to non-finance members of the team.
There will be an opportunity to review existing processes and procedures so our client will be looking for a candidate with gravitas, capable of influencing other members of the team if necessary. The culture is one that is supportive, inclusive and there will be an opportunity for flexible working.
Intermediate / Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel will be necessary and experience using SUN would be preferred.
AGY - Vitae Financial Recruitment
We Exist To Be Different - Membership NOT Registration
Peterborough: Cambridgeshire:- 3-6 month assignment
Our client has an urgent need for an experienced, technically strong Finance Manager, with strong financial controls experience.
Working out of a corporate head office, you will play a key part in ensuring the budget, forecast and actual financial submissions from multiple reporting entities, accurately report their financial position.
Along with reporting the numbers, you will support process improvements and provide technical accounting advice to senior stakeholders.
The role will have exposure to multiple stakeholders and hence requires a confident and articulate communicator.
Suitable applicants are likely to have trained in a medium to large practice and be confident to present an accounting standard to the wider the business. (ACA/ ACCA/ CIMA qualification essential)
Interviews will take place this side of Christmas with a January start anticipated.
Applications considered from Ltd company and paye professionals