To support/coordinate and facilitate APQP processes in all departments to ensure flawless launch into production
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT OF JOB
The Company assemble and supply Exterior trims world-wide to the automotive OEMs. As a consequence the Company must remain in compliance with the latest and expected Industry and Customer standards in respect of Quality, Cost and Delivery.
The Company ensures that a customer and product focus is maintained by dividing the organisation into specific Customer Product Groups.
The overall objective is to be the supplier of choice by being able to develop, design, assemble and supply product to an ever-increasing standard of excellence. With the quality goal being zero defects, the company is established as the centre of excellence for the Design, Development and Industrialisation of Exterior product.
Our client strives to ensure fairness to all its employees in line with its unique Company Charter.
You would be situated in an open plan office, with a team of fellow professionals, working within a fast paced manufacturing environment. You would be required to adhere to all Health, Safety and Environmental procedures whilst at work.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensure all safety procedures, methods, equipment and practices are adhered to.
• Ensuring compliance with IATF16949:2016, CI and related Customer Specific Requirements for their area of work.
• Lead all project engineering (APQP) requirements / activities for new projects and support Project Managers. This will include process development and layouts, specification, design buy-off, assessment of modifications and final commissioning.
• Responsible for the cross functional development and implementation of process documentation from prototype to production for NPI, including but not limited to- Process Flow, PFMEA, Control Plan, Work Instructions, Packing Instructions.
• Organise and Facilitate Run at Rate activities.
• Compile and present Capacity Verification documents and associated data.
• Conduct training and mentoring for NPI.
• Support Design and Feasibility process for NPI and Eng. Change.
• Support CI and 6 Sigma programmes.
• Actively support Process customer concern investigation activities using Global 8d techniques.
• Support engineering change on existing products and processes.
• Co-ordinate and implement pre production build events
• Ensure that the customers and companies quality objectives and requirements are identified and support the Programme Manager and plant to make sure they are applied by the projects team.
• Maintain, update and control current production documentation.
• Support production and customer demands, both internal and external.
• Facilitate and document Lesson Learnt reviews.
• Carry out any other tasks commensurate to the role
MEASURABLES and SUCCESS CRITERIA
• Zero Accident
• Reporting Near Misses
• Adherence to Health and Safety requirements.
• Pass R@R to agreed programme timescales.
• Implementation and generation of documentation with agreed programme timescales.
• 100% adherence to programme timing plan.
• Training of operators for new programme introduction.
• No grievances and informal raised regarding behaviour towards employees.
• Positive feedback from team, peers and immediate boss on application of fair treatment.
• Absence Management
• Customer Satisfaction
• Experience of project management of new products from conception to final handover.
• Proven experience in operational, project and man management.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Full knowledge and experience in PFMEA’s, AIAG and or VDA.
• Experience in working to and achieving departmental control plans.
• Fully experienced in the selection, development and management of process suppliers.
• Experienced in the management, supervision, implementation and updating of IATF 16949:2016 and ISO 14001 procedures.
• Previous experience in automotive or high speed manufacturing environments in an engineering supervisory position desirable.
• Excellent problem solving ability.
• Strong communication and presentation skills.
• Engineering or Quality background preferred