Our Client; a truly global leader in the provision of performance technology and engineering services, in electrification and battery technology, is seeking an experienced, dynamic and enthusiastic Control System Engineer to join the team as soon as possible on a contract basis. The remuneration is to an extent, negotiable, and will based on relevant experience.
Reporting directly to the Principal Engineer for Control Systems, your primary objective will be to take responsibility for the specification, development and validation of control strategies at component, system and sub system level. You will be involved in all aspects of the specification, development and delivery of the systems for the company, which will incorporate specification, requirement capturing, design, implementation, simulation and testing.
Additional responsibilities will include:
* Ensuring the customer's requirements are captured and understood across the projects involved.
* Ensuring the system being developed meets customer requirements.
* Working with the project lead, support the establishment of validations and test procedures and practices which will aim progressively at developing a robust solution to the agreed specification.
* Specification and development of test rigs & test protocols to support the design validation process, implementing the developed software within a chosen hardware solution, providing support to other functions as necessary.
* Supporting the preparation of technical proposals for electrical, power and control systems.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required:
* Ideally educated to Degree level in a relevant Engineering field; although time-served candidates with the relevant experience will also be considered.
* An expert in the use of Matlab, Simulink or Stateflow and automatic code generation techniques for developing algorithms.
* Experienced in Automotive ECU hardware and software development in accordance with ISO 26262 processes.
* Understanding of modelling techniques.
* Experience of test and measurement techniques.
* It would be a distinct advantage if you have a practical knowledge of CANape, CANoe and / or CANalyzer.
* It’s desirable that you have experience in C code writing for embedded systems and experience with Speedgoad, dSPACE or similar HIL rig systems.
This position offers a fantastic and rare opportunity to work for an innovative global leader in electrification and battery technology.
Forbes HR Ltd is committed to equal opportunities