Order Number: 34782
Position Title: Project Engineer
Duration: Rolling Contract
Location: Multiple Locations
The successful applicant will join a team of build engineers and lead build engineers planning and executing prototype engine builds to internal and external customers
They will be supported with in the team by a lead build engineer to delivery varying projects of prototype engines They will be heavily involved in gathering information on engineering issues, involving all relevant stakeholders to a satisfactory resolution, also resolving parts and fixings issues.
You will support the build teams focusing on workflow quality, product improvement and timely delivery.
You will interface with complex cross functional teams, this includes: build and test facility support teams, the customer / stakeholder groups, external agencies and organisations.
• A number of other IT related tasks and functions are supported within this remit
• To plan and deliver assigned prototype engine build project activities in accordance with the master plan
• To ensure engine build, strip, investigation/resolution activities are completed in accordance with the master plan¿ To maintain, manage and promote the High Performance Business Behaviour Framework in line with HR policy and procedures
• To formally raise and manage all issues encountered to all parties concerned in accordance with established quality procedures
• Ensure that products are completed to the exacting standard & delivered to all customers in a timely manner as business needs dictate
• To support the lead build engineer and management with any other tasks
• Detailed knowledge Petrol & Diesel Engines
• Apprenticeship or NVQ Level 3 in an automotive field
• Experience of coordinating activities to meet program / project deliverables
• Computer literate, including Microsoft Office competency to produce plans, presentations, graphs, processes, google mail, google docs
• Planning, Co-ordination and control to ensure timely delivery of development parts
• A good understanding of prototype engine and vehicle build procedures
• Management and co-ordination of multiple workshop activities
• Familiarity with quality systems and fault reporting methods
• Familiarity with Bill of Material (BoM)
• Ability to interpret engineering drawings and create machining / fabrication requests.
• Good communication skills
• A full UK driving license with less than 6 penalty points, no disqualification, 2 years accident free record
• User knowledge of FMS, GPIRS, WERS & Falcon system knowledge
• A Class 2 driving licence
• Previous experience of leading a team and the implementation of lean tools and processes
• Knowledge of other original equipment manufacturer (OEM) product creation systems
• Training and application of problem solving tools, i.e. six sigma, 8D.
• Ideally with a degree or Level 5 qualification in either leadership or engineering
• If you do not possess a degree or a Level 5 qualification they should be willing to obtain it within three years of beginning the role
• Safety footwear and glasses when visiting workshop areas