Why not start the new year with a brand-new role?
An oversubscribed, well-structured and supportive mixed catholic school in Redbridge is seeking a Head of Social Science Teacher for the beginning of January 2019. The school has been accredited by Ofsted as ‘Outstanding’ in their last inspection in March of 2015, and in their previous 4. The school are a Specialist Science and PE college and holds International School Award status.
Split between 2 sites, the Upper Site is based on a quiet residential street spit into different houses, whilst having easy access to the main road. The school’s motto is based on Christ’s maxim: “Love each other as we love ourselves”.
The Head Teacher has been in post for the last 30 years and is described as an inspiring and driven leader who brings the best out of his staff.
What they are looking for:
• A teacher that will demonstrate a proven track record of improving outcomes in Psychology and/or Sociology
• Ability to lead a department successfully
• Proven track record to motivate, support and enthuse their strong and committed team of Psychology and Sociology Specialists
• An experienced teacher who can follow the AQA syllabus at GCSE and at A Level
• A team player who can work collaboratively within a team and confidently as an individual
• An individual who leads from the front
• An exceptional practitioner
• PGCE in Psychology, Sociology, Humanities or equivalent
• Degree in Psychology or equivalent
• Students follow the AQA syllabus at GCSE and at A Level for both subjects
• Holds International School Award status
• Continuously achieving outstanding results at GCSE and in 2017 the school achieved their best ever results
• The department also achieves outstanding at A Level and all classes are taught in mixed ability groups from Year 10 onwards
By working with Tradewind, we can offer you:
• We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
• We care about your training and development more than any other agency – which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That’s 18 more than our next nearest competitor
• Great referral scheme – recommend a friend and earn up to *£100
• Full interview preparation and assistance – so you’re fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
• Help with lesson planning - our support doesn’t stop once we’ve secured you a placement
• Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
• Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
APPLY NOW with an updated CV , you will be contacted if shortlisted!
We look forward to hearing from you and helping take you on the next step of your teaching career