Return to Job Search
Contracted Group Fitness Instructor
U-Haul International's Wellness Department mission is to spread the culture of health and provide access to benefits and information to help team members and their families on their wellness journey. We offer a fun environment designed to promote health and wellness for U-Haul Team members.
U-Haul has built a state-of-the-art conference and fitness center that will be open July 1, 2020. In this new building will be a basketball court, weight training area, cardio area, indoor track spin room, and multi-use workout rooms
We are seeking to contract with certified instructors for all group fitness formats: Interval Training (HIIT), Zumba, Cycle, Yoga, Weightlifting, strength and cardio, low impact and more! We are seeking quality individuals with high energy and a true passion for fitness and teaching.
The Contracted Group Fitness Instructor provides cutting-edge group fitness instruction through a variety of entertaining, educational, and fun classes promoting fitness and positive self-esteem in a safe environment.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
* Create exciting group fitness classes as assigned, along with appropriate music playlists.
* Provide outstanding customer service.
* Provide members and guests with the highest level of professionalism
* Strong experience in a health club/fitness club environment participating in instruction programming.
* Responsible for interacting with team members in a manner aligned with the U-Haul Standards.
* Design individualized, specific fitness plan for each client based on goals, capabilities, health, potential barriers, and safety concerns
* Monitor and instruct members using up to date techniques and methods to ensure proper and safe use of strength training equipment, free weights and cardiovascular equipment and movements.
* Maintain clean work environment which includes ensuring restoring the area to a condition of cleanliness ie putting away the fitness equipment after each training session, wipe down the area with gym wipes. Sanitization will be a priority while training.
* Set up class with equipment in a timely manner. Start and end classes on time.
* BS or BA in Exercise Science, Physiology, or related field OR
* Minimum of one of the following Group Exercise Certifications: National Association of Sports Medicine (NASM), American Council of Exercise (ACE), American Fitness Aerobic Association (AFAA), Aquatic Exercise Association (AEA) (ACSM, NSCA, CI-CPT)
* Obtain CPR/AED certification required before starting.
* Strong knowledge of safety issues related to the use of exercise regimes and equipment
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Ability to perform an aerobic activity for duration of a class, which may include, but not limited to, standing, walking, climbing, balancing, running, crawling, and kneeling
* Ability to perform exercises specific to the assigned class
U-Haul is an equal opportunity employer. All applications for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, provincial, state, or local law. Individual accommodations are available on requests for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Information obtained during this process will only be shared on a need to know basis.