Flood Defence Project to incorporate
Removal of trees and existing boundary fences, construction of sheet pile defence, reinstatement of fencing and landscaping.
Removal of existing car park surface followed by excavation to a new formation level to allow strengthening of entire car park surface for HGV traffic. Construction of new car park, footpath access and car park drainage.
Construction of new pumping station consisting of combined wet well and valve chamber with rising main discharge to open channel via flap valve in a new headwall.
Excavation to formation and construction of new headwall structure with flap valves to front and rocker pipe to rear to accept gravity drain pipe. Reinstatement of channel invert and bank to include erosion protection.
* Sheet Piling
* Pump Stations
* Specification of Highways Works
* Sewers for Adoption
* NEC 3 Option C
* CSCS Supervisor or higher
* First Aid
* Lifting AP (not essential)
* Temporary Works appreciation
* IT literate
* Drivers Licence
* Delivery of the project safely, zero defects, on time, and within budget.
* Responsible for scheduling, coordinating and supervising the work of all site operatives.
* Operate and promote safe working on site and implement of company standards and legal regulations.
* Carry out and record site inspections and ensure all works are carried out in line with approved method statements, conduct and amend risk assessments and deliver toolbox talks/briefings.
* Ensure site personnel have job relevant training requirements and are fully inducted and briefed on the RAMS and ITPs before works start.
* Lead by example.
* Ensure the completion of works with zero defects, on time and within budget.
* Proactively drive quality, progress of the works, challenging methods to maximise progress and minimise costs.
* Schedule, co-ordinate and supervise the daily activities of gangs/site operatives Ensure gangs/site operatives complete all required documentation in line with customer/company requirements.
* Track and document daily work productions.
* Organise and monitor the work of subcontractors, materials and planrt management.
* Order and manage hired/internal equipment daily.
* Co-ordinate delivery and collection of materials as required.
* General Liaise with customers/suppliers/third parties as necessary.
* Assist with promoting best practice Assist with promoting the company to customers Key measures & targets: Deliver required services on time, to cost/quality standards.
* Contribute wherever possible to enable the Company to meet CDM/health and safety targets.
* Contribute to enable the Company to meet HSEQ targets
Property Flood Resilience, also widely known as Property Level Protection (PLP), provides property owners and professional partners with practical and cost-effective steps to help lower flood risk, using affordable bespoke products.
These offer an innovative and effective response which ‘plugs the gap’ that previously existed between engineered flood protection schemes, and either sandbags or the ‘do nothing’ option. The approach aims to identify products and measures that are appropriate for the person, flood and property together, helping to reduce flood damage and increase peace of mind.
Several measures can be implemented to limit water entry to a property:
1. Barriers can be fitted to openings such as doors and windows, providing a seal to limit floodwater entry.
2. Automatic flood doors are now available that can be closed and locked on receipt of a flood warning.
3. Non-return valves (NRVs) can be fitted to drains around your home to prevent floodwater or sewage backing-up into the property.
4. Airbricks can be replaced with automatically closing airbricks to create a seal against floodwater.
5. Pumps can help keep floodwater at manageable levels for those at risk of rising groundwater entering through the floor.
* Guides & coaches subordinates in technical requirements, construction techniques and sequence
* Temporary Works Coordinator
* Understands & Implements BMS
* Carries out Independent Inspections of their own section and of others
* Carries out Site Audits to check works and documentation compliance
* Liaise with designer to resolve technical issues
* Runs Inspection and Test Plan system
Health Safety & Environmental
* Writes/Reviews Method Statements and makes improvements as appropriate
* Demonstrates excellence in all Health & Safety matters
* Able to lead an Accident / Incident Investigation
* Has ownership of the three week look ahead programme and corresponding ‘as built’
* Produces a fully resourced three month look ahead programme
* Material take offs and call offs
* Detailed knowledge of subcontract scope and attendances
* Drafts correspondence to subcontractors, suppliers and Client
* Maintains good working relationship with Customer and Subcontract Staff
HNC/HND Civils / Build or equivalent
Knowledge of /
Health Safety & Environmental
* Understands Risk Assessments and Method Statements
* Understands the principles of Accident / Incident Investigation
* House/build construction experience
* Flood risk experience
* Produce a resourced stage programme in the accepted format.
* Awareness of procurement practice
* Demonstrates application of growing commercial and contractual knowledge
* NEC 3 option C Awareness
First Aid, CSCS (Supervisor), SMSTS, Temporary Works Appreciation.
The ability to work under minimal supervision.
Drive and determination to meet targets
PSR Solutions are working with a leading Civil Engineering contractor to recruit a Freelance Works Manager for a six month contract.
The successful Works Manager must be experienced in managing/ driving civils operatives, making short term programme alterations if required, completing site paperwork, managing site resources and making frequent progress reports for site.
SMSTS or SSSTS
Experience of driving a civils programme and operatives
Experience of delivering heavy civils, specifically continuous concrete pours and RC works
Proficient user of IT and basic Microsoft packagesFor more information please contact Brad Burgin at PSR Sheffield on (phone number removed) or apply within
LABOURER REQUIRED FOR A SITE IN FELTHAM.
Jark (Southend) Require a Labourer for a long term project in Feltham looking to start immediately.
The Successful candidate will have the following:
- CSCS Card
- Full PPE
- Minimum 6 months experience on site.
Please call Trades team on (phone number removed)
Do you want to grow your skills working for a recognised global brand?
Do you want to work in a challenging and quality driven manufacturing environment?
We currently have opportunities for Linishers to work in our client's factory in Stockton on Tees on an ongoing temporary basis. Our roles offer opportunities for personal development and recognition in your role.
A Full induction and ongoing training
Auto Pension scheme enrolment
Shift AllowancePay rate and working hours:
Normal working week is: 37 hours working on a 3 shift rota
Between £9.73 PER HOUR and £16.87 PER HOUR
Plus Shift Allowance and OvertimeResponsibilities:
Linishing/grinding of components to a high Quality standard.
Use an etching machine to stamp the serial number and identification tag.
Self inspect the product to ensure a quality output.
Maintain a clean and tidy work area.
Measure and inspect components prior to delivery.
Adhere to the Company's Health & Safety policy and safe working practices.
Adhere to Caterpillar's Values in Action: Integrity, Commitment, Excellence, and Teamwork.
Work with the quality department and implement the customer needs. Requirements:
Have previous experience as a metal linisher within a manufacturing environment.
The ability to read, comprehend and follow verbal and written instructions/procedures.
Teamwork and a flexible attitude are essential pre-requisites.
The ability to communicate effectively with various levels of the organisation.
You will be willing to work a multi-shift pattern.
Have a good knowledge of 5s.
A safety and quality focused mind set.
A good understanding of company H&S regulations and policies.
A proactive natureIf this sounds like the role for you then you need to click apply today!
"We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age
Start 23rd July
Duration 2 months
£200 - £225 per day
This leading modular construction specialist, operates nationwide across the commercial, military, marketing, leisure, health, education and sports & leisure sectors.
My client is looking for a Site Manager to cover 2 sites in duration of the contract. Both of the site are re-roofing existing build (defect work). As well as going into some internal repairs.
Gold / Black CSCS
IPAF or PASMA
Temporary Works will be advantageous
Proof on the CV of doing similar projects before
If you have the relevant, experience and would like to apply for this Site Manager role
then please email an updated CV to Damian @(url removed)
To view all of our current Site Manager Positions then please visit our website; www.(url removed) <(url removed)> or register for alerts on our App (available on the App Store and on Google play).
Please bear in mind that we often get a high volume of applications for each role. We'd love to call every single person, even if they're not the right fit, but we just can't. What we can guarantee is that we will strive to contact suitable candidates, who have the required experience and background for this role or any other current roles, as soon as possible. Finally, if you call us, we make a huge effort to take every call (if we're not already on the phone) and will always return calls and messages
Electricians required for our client based on in Greater Manchester
Maintenance work, testing and improving Modular cabins which are returning to the facillity for refurbishment
Must have 3 years plus experience
Own tools required
Please call Sally to discuss
Electricians will be required for a long term role in Baggington near Coventry to start at the end of June or early July.
You must be fully qualified, hold a gold JIB card, and be able to provide 2 references.
The successful Electrician must have at least 5 years of experience working in both Industrial and Commercial projects.
The pay rate will be £19-£20 per hour and will be confirmed before you start the position.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business
Our client is a top tier main contractor and they will require a Trainee/Junior Engineer/Chain Boy/person for a large groundwork project in Ashford/Kent.
You will be working on a busy construction site to assist a site engineer in setting out, data recording, data input and all other general engineering duties. ... The role of chain person is a key one in terms of assisting the engineer in his daily duties and ensuring the engineering integrity of the contract.
Please apply if you can start ASAP