This organisation are looking to Threemilestone Project Manager on a temporary basis for 3 months initially starting ASAP
Brief description of works:
* Day to day instruction and guidance of Council, consultant and contractor project teams engaged in the development of major and strategic projects.
* Indirectly up to 6 on any one project: matrix management for project/policy/research/monitoring across Economic Growth and Development
* Develop and maintain a comprehensive programme plan and related project delivery plans showing key activities and their relationships, resources needed to deliver and tracking and reporting progress against plan
* Deputise/substitute for the Project Lead, Head of Service and Service Director as required and to represent the Council, the Directorate and the Service at relevant meetings and events.
* To liaise with project funders and the Business Case & Funding Bid Officer to assist in securing funding from the Council and third parties.
* To provide advice and prepare reports for Cabinet members, Committees and Panels and other bodies
* Represent them on scheme consultations, planning applications, appeals and public inquiries.
* Within agreed parameters, negotiate with other public bodies, private
companies and stakeholders to secure partnership resources and commitments, both strategic and project specific and to establish and maintain a formal working dialogue with all relevant groups in relation to the Threemilestone
* Work together with other Council teams and staff members to ensure the development, presentation and acceptance of seamless customer-focused projects, encouraging a greater say for local communities in setting priorities, how they are delivered and local decision-making.
* To manage effective processes, systems and practices to drive improved performance management within the services remit and to uphold the ethics of the Council, overseeing probity at all times
* To implement and follow policy and action so that equality of opportunity and the benefits of diversity are realised in Service planning and delivery and employment.
* Ensure compliance with, and best practice against, relevant legislation, regulation, government and Council policies (including personnel, finance and information management) in order to secure organisational performance improvement and increased customer satisfaction.
You should match the following criteria:
* Demonstrable understanding of E.U. and government policy and legislation on transport, infrastructure or planning policies issues and associated best practice.
* A good understanding and experience of managing and delivering large scale and ambitious programmes and projects within a Local Authority environment including working with consultants and legal advisors. Experience of successful delivery utilising recognised structured programme and project management methodologies (e.g. Managing Successful Programmes, PRINCE 2 etc.) would be an advantage.
* Good political awareness and experience of working in the political arena.
* Experience in creating and maintaining comprehensive project plans using MS Project
* Good experience of developing partnership working, building effective relationships and enhancing the reputation of the Council with stakeholders and partners which include; communities, voluntary bodies, private sector and public sector.
* Experience of managing and supporting development and construction related projects at the pre-construction phases and in dealing with infrastructure and/or master planning related projects.
* Good knowledge of public sector procurement processes, contract management and risk management on projects.
Please send your most updated CV to Grant Wilson by clicking apply now. This role is within the public sector and falls within scope of IR35, the rates advertised are PAYE
Fusion People are committed to promoting equal opportunities to people regardless of age, gender, religion, belief, race, sexuality or disability. We operate as an employment agency and employment business.
You'll find a wide selection of vacancies on our website