This is a fixed term contract for 6 month duration
Essex County Council (ECC) is one of the largest and most dynamic local authorities in the UK, serving a population of 2 million residents, and has a very successful track record of delivering transformational change. ECC anticipated change was needed in the public sector and has worked to deliver better quality at lower cost. We have an ambitious transformation agenda – one with the scope to reach every part of the council. We are changing the way we think, the way we work, and the ways in which we deliver our services. We are committed to becoming a place where individuals, partners and communities feel proud to play their role and genuinely want to belong. We’re immensely proud of our flexible working options.
The purpose of this job is to work as part of the Centralised Registration Administrative Hub undertaking all administrative duties related to registration services in compliance with GRO law and Practice. They also provide the first point of enquiry for residents and customers who wish to use Registration Services, and support colleagues on the Citizen Services front line.
Citizen Services provides a customer focused service through the existing library locations across Essex. Citizen Services also specifically includes Registration, Library and Coroners Service responsibilities
This role works as part of the Registration Service specialism, providing support to the Registration Service Manager, Team Leaders, Registration Officers and Audit and Training Officers to ensure that the statutory and specialist elements of a professional registration service are delivered.
They deal with all customer enquiries, providing specialist advice, support and excellent customer service to members of the public wishing to use Registration Services.
Registration Assistants work in the centralised Registration administrative hub. The team undertake all of the administrative activities to deliver an effective Marriage Booking Service and centralised back office Registration function including Citizenship; Ceremonies; Registrations, Approved Premises Licensing and other activities. They provide the telephone service for all registration enquiries that require specialist knowledge and support members of the public who wish to use Registration Services in Essex. They also provide support to all Registration Officers based at the Face to Face Service delivery points throughout Essex to enable them to provide a high quality, professional service for residents and improve the quality of the customer journey.
Role specific accountabilities:
• Ensure all associated Registration duties are completed in an accurate and timely manner, and regulations are adhered to as set out in the Handbooks for Registration Officers.
• Engage with appropriate stakeholders to define requirements to achieve quality, timely and accurate Registrations where appropriate.
• Use specialist skill, knowledge and experience to ensure the effectiveness of the Registration activities, ensuring that a high-quality service for the customer is achieved.
• Achieve customer standards and ensure consistent adherence to outcomes and agreed service levels.
• Ensure compliance with all external and internal regulation.
• Work collaboratively with partners to ensure the best overall outcome for the people of Essex, whilst protecting ECC’s interests.
• Ensure compliance with all end of day accounting and stock management.
• Ensure compliance with all weekly, monthly or quarterly accounting, returns and dispatch to GRO.
• Certificate production undertaken at ERO as and when required.
• Work flexibly and collaboratively across structural boundaries as part of project or process teams in support of key outcomes.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Educated to ‘GCSE’ Level or equivalent by relevant experience.
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience of working in a busy administration office
• Demonstrable ICT skills and a willingness to maintain level of ICT skills appropriate to the role
• Demonstrable commitment to Customer Care and Service Improvement.
• Experience of working in a statutory environment, evidence of embracing change and working in partnerships and collaboration to improve customer service and achieve outcomes.
(Qualification certificates should be brought to interview)
Working for Essex welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Working for Essex is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us