Specific Details for this position:
The ideal candidate will have experience of Project Management within a highly regulated sector such as Defence or Aerospace.
Prior experience of Project Management in a production/manufacturing environment of complex electronic products would be highly advantageous for this position.
The ability to engage demanding internal and customer stakeholders at all levels will be critical to the success of the role.
You will have experience of managing multiple projects of different sizes on time and to budget.
Purpose of Role:
As part of the delivery team, the Project Manager is responsible for allocated programme/project delivery, ensuring that assigned programmes/projects are completed on time, to budget and to the expected quality requirements.
The Project Manager will also be responsible for providing support in establishing best practice, providing suggestions of improvements to the current processes, practices and methods, and looking for potential opportunities for improvements. Where appropriate the job holder will be required to mentor and coach team and peer members.
• To assume total responsibility for the management and delivery of assigned projects with full accountability for project performance. Deliver the programme/project in line with the company processes, procedures, standards and project governance guidelines .
• To have total and complete understanding of project and contractual requirements.
• Define, communicate, execute & monitor the project and prioritise specific to individual contracts and projects, in line with agreed contractual and delivery requirements, with appropriate work packages, key milestones and budgets for each stage of work package.
• Develop, execute and maintain project plans and statements of work (SOW’s), detailing task descriptions, deliverables, project schedules through liaising with specialist areas across a matrix organisation in-line with company processes, procedures and standards.
• Develop and lead project teams; providing leadership, direction and control, through effective work package management. Provide support, mentoring and coaching as required to ensure success delivery of assigned programme/projects.
• Pro-active risk, issue and opportunity management, ensuring logs/registers are established and maintained through the life of the assigned project with high level of accuracy.
• Take responsibility for identification and realisation of Profit Improvement on projects.
• Effective Stakeholder Management including interface and the management of external customers. Ensure that all communications to stakeholders, verbal and written are clear, concise and unambiguous.
• Build strong customer relationship. Provide primary focus for customer, communication and liaison, keeping customers informed of work progress, issues and resolution plans. Ensure customer satisfaction is maintained at all times. Manage customer exceptions, in-line with company priorities and capabilities.
• Identify and pursue follow-on business opportunities, working closely with business development team.
• Continually assess current performance, identify root causes, and actively drive programme/project and cross functional improvements through the life cycle of the assign project.
• Manage, report status and performance of the assigned project in line with the company management reporting cycle. Ensure project data is maintained to a high level of accuracy (forward load, project plans, risk registers and financial data) within the various company’s business data systems.
• To hold, chair and /or present at various forums (such as project meetings, progress and contract reviews).
• Thorough understanding of Project/Programme Management principles.
• Demonstrable Project/Programme Management experience in a technical/engineering arena.
• Simultaneous management of multiple projects.
• A strong leader, able to positively influence.
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
• Commercially aware and able to see the bigger business picture.
• Broad understanding of the roles of supporting business functions.
• Financially astute.
• Customer focused.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application