Purchasing Administrator / Junior Buyer
Contract - Immediate start available
3 month initial contract +
We are a leading manufacturer with a global presence and a reputation for quality. We are currently seeking a Purchasing Administrator to join our Purchasing / Buying Team in an administrative / Purchasing Assistant / Junior Buyer capacity.
You will be buying / placing orders for parts for manufacture so ensuring on time placement of orders and delivery of parts on time will be essential. It will be a varied role with lots of interaction both with the purchasing and engineering teams as well as suppliers so first class communication skills are essential.
Key accountabilities for Purchasing / Buyer’s Administrator will include:
Raising Purchase orders for mechanical and electronic commodities (e.g. metalwork, plastic, electronic components)
Maintaining / administrating the MRP system
Working alongside the Buyers to gain additional skills in purchasing.
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop a Purchasing skills in a team working, engineering environment.
Please contact Alison Kemp for further details or apply via the link
Orion Electrotech Ltd acts as both an Employment Business and Employment Agency and complies with the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations Act 2003.
By applying for this position please take a few moments to view our Privacy Notice on our Orion website which details how we retain and process your data. Alternatively please give us a call so we can discuss this with you
Title: Stores Operative
Wage: £20’202 pro rata (£10.50 per hour)
Hours: 37 per week (Mon to Thurs 6:30am to 2.30pm – Friday until 2pm)
Length of Contract: 6 months (potentially permanent thereafter)
Overview: Stores Operative
-Receive, check and control all deliveries from suppliers and production.
-Unload items into the relevant goods inwards area prior to them being put away into the correct locations.
-Provide support to the Production Team to ensure a fast and efficient turnaround for all goods entering the site.
-Ensure all store processes are followed.
-Ensure parts picked, located and loading of vehicles are done in a timely manner.
Responsibilities: Stores Operative
-Stores operatives are responsible for the receiving of all goods, correct to documentation, order and of good quality.
-Parts should be stored in a safe and suitable location.
-Accurate picking of goods for manufacturing, 3rd party suppliers and spares is a necessity in a timely manner
-Offloading and loading of vehicles both manually and with a F.L.T.
-Accurate inputting of data into the companies MRP/ERP system.
-Housekeeping to be carried out daily, within stores and surrounding areas.
-Stock accuracy is of most importance. Stores audits and cycle counts performed daily.
-Discrepancies to be reported to Stores & Dispatch Team Leader immediately.
-Work safely to Company’s Health & Safety guidelines, whilst being customer focused.
-Maintain records of goods received and dispatched for auditing purposes.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications: Stores Operative
-FLT Licence – Counterbalance & Reach. (Ideally both but not essential)
-Working knowledge of PC & Microsoft Packages.
-Experience in a stores environment.
Role: Junior Material Planner / Buyer
(Temporary to cover long term sickness – possibility of becoming permanent)
Hours of work: Days – Negotiable start and finish times
Salary: £21’000 - £25’000 (dependent on experience)
25 days holiday plus bank holidays
Life Insurance x3 times salary
Free workwear (Optional)
Access to reward gateway scheme for discounted shopping
Employee assistance program
Reporting to the Materials Manager you will be responsible for performing administration tasks to support the creation of purchase orders for products to maintain the inventory levels set for the department, whilst ensuring costs and service levels are maintained.
* Works with operations, planning and organizing all tasks.
* Be a strong team player with ability to work effectively on cross-functional projects.
* Monitor purchase orders & net demand schedules to ensure required ‘need dates’ are achieved.
* Must be able to develop excellent working relationship with both internal and external customers as well as suppliers.
* Ability to interface with company and supplier senior management.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Expedite the required material to ensure availability to meet production demand whilst maintaining inventory levels to a minimum and in line with set targets.
* Report supply issues and assist in finding a solution.
* You will be the point of contact for supplier invoice queries.
* Ensure timely response to inventory queries.
* Provide accurate & timely monthly reports.
* Any administration duties to support the job role.
* Perform additional duties at the request of the Materials Manager
* Expedite & schedule maintenance for multiple suppliers in support of Production.
* Ensure inventory levels are kept within set targets
* Assist with administration tasks to support compliance and throughput.
Role Requirements & Experience
* Good standard of education - to A level standard or equivalent as a minimum.
* Demonstrable administration experience required.
* Excellent IT skills required (MS Office: Word, Excel, Outlook etc.)
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Strong negotiating skills
* Candidate must have excellent organisational skills - the ability to multitask, prioritize work and work closely with other departments.
* Be able to take responsibility for resolution of issues.
* You should be self-motivated and results orientated.
* Be able to work to time constraints & use own initiatives to solve problems
* Ideally, the successful candidate will have some experience in procurement/purchasing, preferably in a heavy manufacturing or industrial environment.
* Ideally familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the procurement field
This award winning, leading consultancy has an established reputation delivering specialised engineering to the built environment.
They busy Central London office has an opportunity for a senior structural engineer for a long term contract basis.
The successful candidate will have a high level of client facing ability and exceptional communication skills.
Structural engineering is the core of this firm’s success and their project sectors are very varied; you will collaborate with architects, clients and contractors to deliver sustainable solutions that meet client demands on a challenging but rewarding project workload.
For further information please contact Graham Ventham on (Apply online only)
An excellent employer within the Darlington area are seeking a supply chain planner to join their team on a 6 month contract basis with the possibility of extension to assist with exceptional work load across the whole organisation .
The Supply chain planner will maximise the flow of materials from the supply base, through the facility and onto dispatch to ensure customer and organisational targets are met.
- Scheduling materials through MRP
- Updating Oracle
- Liaising with suppliers on a regular basis to manage issues, improve performance or gain supply information.
- Ensuring on time delivery to support production capacity
- Work to meet inventory and premium freight targets.
The Supply chain Candidates:
- You should have prior, proven experience of a similar role within a manufacturing company.
- Excellent levels of IT literacy including Microsoft Word, Excel and ideally will have used an MRP package previously.
- Able to work well under time pressures and in a methodical manner.
This is a live role. Please immediately submit your cv via the job board if you wish to be considered
An exceptional opportunity to join one of the UK’s top performing companies on a contract basis has become available. Starting on 4 month contract duration and based over multiple power plant facilities, primarily in the North of England, the Commissioning Engineer will work from pre project to Commissioning and testing.
Commissioning Engineer - Field Based:
- Support Engineers and complete under instruction installation, inspection, snagging and identification of problems or issue raised within a power generation environment.
- Support system commissioning teams during pre-commissioning, commissioning and testing, through to customer on site witness test and performance/reliability testing to meet customer handover.
- Participate in customer meetings and discussions providing technical input as appropriate.
- Proactively identify potential problems within the project, solve or escalate where required.
- Offer flexibility with working hours to ensure the successful completion of projects.
- Complete project specific commissioning and handover documentation as required.
The Successful Commissioning Engineer:
- Knowledge of Power Generator products, equipment, fault finding and service.
- Knowledge of power generation projects commissioning.
- Experience of 11KV high voltage equipment and experienced with site working.
- Electrically trained to industry standard
- Proven team working experience required.
- Any prior experience with software including: Calterm, Quest, Inpower or Insite would be highly advantageous!
Location of candidates is flexible but, you must be willing to travel around the UK (Mainly the North of England) in order to support projects.
If you are interested in this role and would like to apply, please immediately submit your cv via the job board for consideration
Our major aerospace client is looking to recruit on a 3 month contract basis a CNC Programmer.
CNC Programmer Capabilities:
You will be highly proficient writing off-line 3-axis milling programmes using Delcam Powermill and Powershape (2018 and 2019), to enable:
• Importing of geometry
• Modelling of supports/fixtures
• Establishing tooling and clamping sequences
• Creating optimum cutter paths
• Determining optimal speeds and feeds
• Posting programs to vertical milling machines
• Extension of geometry lines
You will also be fully conversant with Heidenhain on-machine control software
Able to write programmes for 5-axis milling
Please apply ASAP
CNC Programmer, Delcam, powermill, powershape, CADCAM, Heidenhain, CNC
*You also must have been resident in the UK for the last 5 years to satisfy minimum baseline security clearance
Maintenance Engineer London needed for a very successful Manufacturer in London. Great company with good bunch of Engineers that get on well. Market leader in their market and looking for a contractor. (not a facilities role, this is a production maintenance engineer)
Monday to Friday days x 8 hours.
Excellent company to work for, very friendly and helpful atmosphere.
likely to extend.
Maintenance Engineer - Desired Skills and Experience
Electrical or Mechanical qualification or Apprenticeship, any manufacturing experience is required.
The company have sites all around the world and work with some very interesting equipment that is unique to them. This role will suit an maintenance engineer from any manufacturing background that enjoys working in a good team environment.
To carry out the requirements of the planned preventive maintenance programme.
* Reactive and planned maintenance
* Fault finding, diagnosis and breakdown repairs as necessary
* Working on production lines.
Proactive (about us)
Specialising in FMCG Manufacturing, with an additional growing presence across pharmaceutical, injection moulding and household care. Proactive’s FMCG division is broken into four niche and specialist teams; Engineering, Operations (Technical, Production) and Senior Appointments.
Operating from a network of offices, covering London, Egham (Surrey), Milton Keynes, Heathrow and Brighton, Proactive supply permanent and contract workforce to clients nationwide. Utilising a long track record of successful partnerships, we understand the challenges that you currently face, working alongside you to find the right role.
If you have the above skills and wish to be considered for this position or find out more details then please contact Simon on (Apply online only) or submit your CV to (url removed) or simply click apply below.
I will endeavour to contact all applicants however if you do not hear from me within two weeks then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful.
Proactive also offer a referral scheme for successful applicants - if you know anyone that could be suited to this position then please contact Proactive with their details and if they are placed by Proactive you will £250*. *T&Cs apply
Commutable from London, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Hertfordshire, Essex
Proactive Technical Recruitment is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Proactive Technical Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy
Position: E&I Commissioning Engineer – Water
Location: Western Home Counties - Thames Water AMP6
Salary/Rate Guide: £350.00 per day
Our Client is driving the wet infrastructure sector globally and they are leading the world in results-oriented management, technical engineering and construction services to create a better world. The wet infrastructure sector they serve encompasses a variety of water-related projects and programs ranging from water supply, treatment and storage to water resources management and coastal restoration and from design and construction of hydropower and renewable energy facilities to full environmental services.
They are part of a joint venture which has been selected to deliver one of the largest and most varied water infrastructure improvement programmes in the UK. It will be providing design-and-build solutions for the development and delivery of Thames Water’s £2billion to £3billion AMP6 investment programme in a ‘super alliance’ of industry-leading organisations.
They are looking to strengthen their site team with a Commissioning Engineer for Thames Water AMP6 framework. You will be providing commissioning services to allow the company to minimise risks and maximise profits on turnkey and engineering services contracts. You will report directly to the Commissioning Manager and duties/responsibilities of the role will include:
* Provide commissioning expertise.
* Provide the appropriate level of quality.
* Participate in continuous improvement of the business processes.
* Plan resource requirements at project level.
* To achieve profitable operation in commissioning at project level.
* To provide cost effective system commissioning and ICA engineering
* To commissioning projects within budget allowed.
* To provide cost effective system commissioning and ICA engineering.
* To operate business processes within the framework of an ISO9000:2000 and TickIT certified Quality Management System.
* To assure effective documentation of the commissioning process, including commissioning data and as built documentation, input to O&Ms and feedback to the design disciplines.
* Recognise the importance of satisfying the customer as the key to achieving other objectives.
* Maintain Health and Safety levels during the commissioning activities.
* Recognise that Health and Safety considerations are central to all tasks, and contribute to ensuring safe working environment for all.
* Report safety issues responsibly, and participate in improving practice.
* Maintain a positive and solution oriented approach to work, providing open and honest feedback.
* Take all reasonable steps to ensure appropriate confidentiality
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
* Experience of water industry
* Commissioning in a contracting environment
* Complex commissioning projects;
* Process control systems and strategies;
* Electrical and instrumentation systems;
* Working within a certified quality management system.
* Knowledge of contract law including standard forms of contract in water or
* Process related industry.
* MEICA commissioning (desirable)
Encore Energy are currently recruiting for Commercial Gas Engineers to work for an Energy Supplier
We are looking for Engineers to work in all areas of Leicestershire and Northamptonshire
Long term contract role
Van, Fuel, tools, uniform and mobile provided
£57,000 Basic Salary plus opportunity to earn more through Callout and Overtime
Call Out Rota Approx 1 in 6
Over time available
Must have qualifications;
Domestic: CCN1, CENWAT, CKR1, HTR1
Commercial: COCN1, ICPN1, CIGA1, CORT1, TPCP1/A
For More information or to apply now, please hit apply now or give Encore Energy a call.
Encore Personnel is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy