The Deputy Package Manager for Array Cables is responsible for providing support to the Cable Package Manager to ensure that the array cable systems are specified, designed, manufactured, factory and type tested, stored, loaded out onto installation vessel, transported, installed, terminated and tested in a safely manner, on-time, on budget and in accordance the projects technical requirements.
The primary responsibility of the Deputy Package Manager role is to support the Cables Package Manager to:
• Ensure corporate HSE policies are adhered to in all matters.
• To provide assistance to support the Cable Package Manager to accomplish business, project and team objectives.
• To coordinate the delivery of the technical activities for the package.
• To coordinate technical interfaces with other packages of the projects: wind turbines, foundations, offshore substation.
To manage project duties as delegated by the Cables Package Manager, this may include health and safety management, budgeting, planning, procurement, organisation of team meetings and reporting
Minimum Criteria (Mandatory)
• Technical degree in Engineering or a related subject.
• Proven ability to work in a multicultural team environment. Our overseas
• Solid grasp of engineering and work control of large-scale project delivery.
• PC knowledge of Microsoft applications, in particular the use of complex Excel files.
• Self-motivated, with personal organisation and planning skills.
• Good communication and presentation skills.
• Numerical skills and ability to quantify costs.
• English speaking.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
The candidate should also possess:
• Good understanding of electrical systems.
• Flexibility to travel between offices and contractor facilities in Western Europe.
• In execution phase, availability to working offshore sporadically, in periods up to 2 weeks. This includes full GWO training.
• German speaking: highly valuated.
In the period leading up to FID (Final Investment Decision) the key tasks shall include but not be limited to:
• Development and implementation of a project engineering plan(s) and management of any internal and external services or resources that are required to deliver the tasks identified within the engineering plan.
• Development and implementation of a work-package specific quality assurance plan and management of any internal and external services or resources that are required to deliver the activities that are defined within this plan.
• Coordination of all package specific interface tasks required to ensure compliance with the requirements of the project’s Interface Management Plan.
• Coordination and preparation of the technical and contractual documentation that is required for inclusion within ITT and EPCI documentation package(s) and for the assessment of the received bids so as to provide technical recommendation into the Contractor selection process.
• Providing regular report on activities and risk (weekly).
• Providing technical assistance to the consenting team to assist them in discharging the project’s consent conditions.
During the execution of the works, in addition to the above ones, the key tasks shall include but not be limited to:
• Ensure Quality, Health, Safety and Environment requirements are met at all times.
• Review of contractor’s documents to ensure they meet contract requirements.
• Participation in meetings with the project team and/or contractor as required