We are looking for a Material Engineer
Ideally we need a resource with experience especially with metallography and structural analysis of metals. The person will support a service unit within the clieny which supports all the different business lines with material related issues (development, analysis of non-conformity and failures in the production phase) as well as with investigations with external complaints.
* Planning, coordination and implementation of material-related investigations and analyzes
* Influence on the required material and product quality, especially in the area of raw materials and manufacturing processes.
* Commissioning, coordination and interpretation of investigations in internal and external laboratories in the field of material and defect analysis and preparation of reports and rationales
* Cooperation with other client sites regarding investigations for development departments and production
* Technical support for other departments in material selection and processing
* Creation of new work instructions and material specifications in cooperation with the USA Team
* Master's (FH or university) with a focus on materials science/materials science or materials technician/metallograph with corresponding experience and further training
* German and English: fluent written and spoken
* At least 5 years experience in industry or laboratory with a focus metallic materials/surface technology (alternatively graduate to be trained and formed)
* Work experience in medical technology or in error analysis is an advantage
* Enjoy solving and documenting complex issues within a wide range of materials
* Organizational skills, initiative, communication skills
* Willingness to take responsibility, reliability, customer orientation
* Exact working method
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.