For our customer we are looking for three Offshore Control Engineers who will be working as 155kV and Control Engineers SAP
Duration of Service: 1 October 2017 to 31 January 2019.
The consultants will normally be working on a 12 hour a day/7 days a week shift pattern for two weeks on duty followed by a two weeks off duty period.
Accommodation will be provided by our customer on board vessel or floatel.
Main Work Location:/construction site ( North Germany)
Rotation: duty 9am day 1 to 9pm day 15, off-duty 9pm day 15 to 9am day 28. Days 1 and 15 are travel/hand-over days, fully paid.
Working time: 8am to 7pm (10 hours work, 1 hour break)
Different working times before 1st March 2018: Monday-Friday, 8am to 18pm, no off-weeks.
- Previous experience as Control Engineer desired
- Recent switching experience 155kV switchgear mandatory.
- Recent switching experience 34kV switchgear mandatory.
- Experience with DEESR desired.
- Familiar with relevant electrical safety norms (ie EN50110 OR VDE105-100)
- Standard offshore qualification requirements (GWO, fitness, etc.)
- Give Competent Person training to Nominated Persons in control of a work activity.
- Perform remote switching via SCADA
- Coordinate switching actions in the whole construction site
- Prepare safety documents
- Review switching schedules
- Draft switching schedules
- Review contractor RAMS for electrical safety issues
- Coordinate switching with Transmission System Operator
- Coordinate switching with WTG and OSS teams
- Coordinate switching with Marine Coordination Center
- Attend daily site coordination meetings
- Keep Control Logbook with switching actions, issues log, safety document register
- Coordinate transfer of electrical tools and spare parts to the offshore team
- On-call during night time for emergencies. (Work time at night will be compensated with off-time during following day.)
- Manage cross-boundary safety measures
- Train O&M HV technicians to take over duties
- Support SCADA tests on WTGs remotely
- Monitor, log, and respond to SCADA alarms
- Report outages acc. to REMIT
- Act as a Safety Role Model to Contractors
- Represent our customer towards contractors
- Participate in Lesson Learned workshops
- Bring a Whatsapp and Skype capable smart phone with camera and Vodafone contract
- Additional duties (uncertain if required)
- Will take the role of SAP OSS if required by project
- Will be based offshore if required by project (probably Feb./March)
The Consultant must bring her/his own PC with Microsoft Office software and must be in possession of an i-Phone 4S, 5C, 5S, 6 or 6 or a Windows phone 8.1 where our customer AirWatch app can be downloaded. The app is mandatory on all mobile devices used by our customer staff (including consultants) to protect them from cybercrime.
Offshore Works: The Consultant shall bring his/her own PPE (Personal Protection Equipment).
The Deadline for this position is August 28th, Please apply ASAP, interviews are held on a daily basis.
Sirius Business Group is a consultancy working within IT, Telecom, Transportation and Energy. We continuously have new opportunities in large international corporations within these sectors.