Hamlin Knight is currently recruiting for an experienced HR Administrator on a 3 months fixed term contract to join a very popular charity based in Rugby.
• Be the first point of contact for HR enquiries, responding sensitively and appropriately where possible and referring queries to others as appropriate
• Ensure all offer letters, contracts and new starter paperwork are completed, liaising with managers as appropriate e.g. salary changes, fixed term contract extensions etc.
• Manage the accurate recording and monitoring of data through whole the employee lifecycle including:
o Employee Database
o Personal files
o Payroll and pension records
o Absence records such as sickness, maternity
o Probationary periods
o People Management Process e-system organogram
o Archive of data in accordance with GDPR requirements
• Co-ordinate and administrate all online HR systems e.g. policy management software, application tracking systems and supporting others in their effective use e.g. providing log in details, managing listed users etc.
• Provide professional and engaging recruitment administration support in a way that promotes Practical Action as a potential employer to candidates
• Ensure all vacancies are advertised as appropriate; liaise with line managers on updating job descriptions and the recruitment process
• Work with outsourced provider to coordinate the recruitment process, including shortlisting candidates, scheduling interviews, and notifying unsuccessful candidates
• Maintain and manage the UK recruitment tracker, ensuring details can be reported e.g. report how long a vacancy took to fill and any cost savings to the business for the financial year
• Provide administration support for the onboarding process from offer letter through to joining and induction – offer letters, payroll information, references and DBS checks, contracts etc.
• Deliver the HR induction and brief new starters on relevant policies, use of attendance systems etc.
• Answer queries in relation to our attendance management system (Yourself)
• Prepare reports on absence, holidays, new starters
• Ensure that global people metrics are up to date and submit data for the UK office
• Provide administration support to the programming of induction of all new starters and general administration support to the Learning and Development Manager
• Undertake all elements of Learning and Development administration relating to events and learning activities, including webinars and e-learning courses, scheduling and booking appropriate training rooms, booking lunches, liaising with trainers and venues to ensure arrangements in place, updating attendance, monitoring and reporting on uptake
• Assist in collating and disseminating learning materials, training hand outs and briefings
• Administer and monitor course bookings and be responsible for the promotion of courses to relevant staff in order to ensure maximum take-up of training places
• Provide global administrative support for Lingos, registering new employees, help with log in details, reports etc.
• Update the SharePoint learning and development news page weekly
• Manage the leaver process e.g. leaver forms, informing IT/Facilities, conducting exit interviews
• Provide administrative support for grievances/disciplinaries/investigations for employee relations issues
• Process all invoices and record expenditure on relevant budget records and obtain relevant approvals before passing to finance
• HR experience and skills including knowledge of UK Employment Law
• HR qualification is desirable e.g. CIPD Certificate in Human Resource Practice
• Experience of recruitment practices
• Excellent interpersonal skills, able to relate professionally to others at all levels
• Good communication skills, both written and oral
• Excellent organisational skills
• IT literacy in Microsoft Office applications