The HR team at Uppingham school has started an exciting journey. With a new HR Director in place, a People Strategy has been developed, which has ambitious plans. At the same time, a new HR system is being rolled out across the school.
Uppingham School, founded in 1584, is a leading co-educational independent boarding school. Its 800 pupils, aged 13-18, are accommodated in 15 boarding houses, taught by over 20 academic departments, and participate in numerous extra-curricular activities such as sports, music, and drama. The academic programme is supported by business units responsible for marketing, estates, finance, human resources, IT, catering, cleaning, health and safety, and the School’s trading subsidiary. The School employs over 600 staff.
Position: HR Co-Ordinator
Location: Uppingham, Oakham, Rutland (Commutable from Corby, Kettering, Stamford, Leicester, Melton Mowbray, Peterborough and surrounding areas)
Job type: Full Time, 18 months Fixed Term Contract
Salary: circa £22,000 per annum
Benefits: 30 days holiday per annum plus bank holidays. Public Holidays that fall in term time are normal working days. It should be noted that up to 5 days’ holiday (less public holiday) may be required to be taken, over the Christmas / New Year period. Access to the Uppingham School Group Pension Plan. Private Health care: the School pays 50% of the premium (pro-rata for part-time staff). Free staff lunches during term time. Full membership of Uppingham School Sports Centre for an annual fee only of £15 for full-time employees, pro-rated monthly membership for part-time employees. Uppingham Benefits – provided by Sodexo which provides a variety of offers, discounts and rewards. Death in service cover* with a lump sum of two times the contractual annual salary.
Closing date: 2nd January 2019
Interview date: 11th January 2019
About the role:
As HR Coordinator you will provide a comprehensive, accurate and high-quality HR administration service across the employee life cycle to internal and external customers, ensuring that tasks, systems and process are continually maintained, updated and improved, ensuring that the delivery of HR administration to the organisation is to the highest standard and provided in a timely and efficient manner to all stakeholders.
- Oversee compliance processes to ensure statutory safer recruitment requirements are in place for all new starters and ensuring the Single Centre Record (SCR) is up-to-date at all times
- Prepare HR related correspondence in relation to contractual changes, with the support of the HR Business Partners
- Produce standard monthly reports as required (e.g., starters, leavers, changes, probationary, absence)
- Ensuring the effective scheme administration of company benefits, through liaison with third parties
- Ensuring all company benefit subscriptions are activated / deactivated in a timely manner
- Coordinating recruitment and selection processes and the induction process.
- Strong experience within a busy HR Environment, as you will play a pivotal role in working with the newly-established team, to develop excellent working practices that demonstrate added value.
- Good standard of education including Level 2 English & Maths
- CIPD level 3 qualification (or equivalent)
- Current CIPD membership
- Good general administration experience
- Good knowledge of HR processes and terminology
- Excellent IT skills – proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook and previous experience of HR databases
- Previous experience in an Independent School environment
- Experience of overseeing others work flow
- Experience of using HR systems - previous user of Access Select HR (or similar HR system).
- Knowledge of current Employment Law and compliance (i.e. GDPR)
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, in order to deal tactfully and sensitively with people at all levels
- Customer Service focus
You may have experience of the following: HR Coordinator, Human Resources Coordinator, HR Assistant, Human Resources Assistant, HR Administrator, Human Resources Administrator, HR Officer, Human Resources Officer, HR Generalist, Human Resources Generalist, HR Adviser, Human Resources Adviser, HR, Human Resources, Recruitment Administrator, Recruitment, Resourcer, CIPD, Customer Service, etc