ETL Developer/Data Ingestion Engineer (AWS/SQL/S3/Java) - London - Contract
Our client, a global creative agency, is looking for a ETL Developer/Data Ingestion Engineer (with experience of AWS) to join their Analytics and Data Intelligence team on a Contract basis. You will be working on a large, cloud based, customer and marketing analytics programme for it's well-known client. This will be a 6 month contract initially, with the view to extend.
They are working with a household name, Implementing a brand new cloud based, marketing analytics environment - whilst also being responsible for the development of their customer contact strategy, globally. They want to build enhanced customer profiles, so they can segment more effectively and optimise the channels they use to reach out to them.
They have already mapped out an approach to setting up the AWS environment, identified most of the data sources (c. 30) and also have plans for how the data is going to be ingested (through an S3 bucket into Redshift). They require someone with expertise in setting up data ingestion feeds and API's, ensuring that data is being ingested (automated) and formatted correctly. Taking data from sources and automated (through external API's) into redshift This will be ingested in Real Time, but batched into the environment.
Key skills and experience required:
- Expertise of AWS and related components (S3, API Gateway, AWS Data Pipeline)
- Scaling data pipelines and data ingestion from multiple sources to cloud environments
- Backend/Server Side programming experience (ideally in Java)
- Good understanding of tracking and tagging and how data interacts with the web
- Demonstrable experience of a number of languages, namely Java and SQL
- Previous experience of collaborating with and/or leading local and off shore development teams
- Knowledgeable of GDPR requirements
- Knowledge of SFTP
This is a great opportunity to work for an award winning, global agency and a help to change the way one of their clients, a well know brand, engages with their customers. For more information on this role please contact Steve Kilpatrick at Logikk.
Interviews are taking place this week with a view to start immediately.
Developer/Programmer/Engineer/ETL/Extract Transform Load/AWS/Cloud/Redshift/SQL/Java/API/S3/Ingestion/Back End/Backend/Server Side/Data Ingestion/Customer Data/Customer Insight/Consumer Data/Consumer Insight/B2C/Business to Consumer/Advanced Analytics/Customer Profiling/Segmentation