We have an exciting opportunity for a Junior Commercial Lawyer to join our team based at Gilwell Park, Chingford. You will join us on a full time, 6 months fixed term contract and in return for your hard work we will offer you a competitive salary of £35,354 per annum inclusive of Outer London Weighting plus excellent benefits. Although this job is fixed term, we do offer all our employees great learning and development at Scouts and support fixed term contactors in trying to secure further job opportunities during their time working with us.
As Scouts, we believe in empowering young people with skills for life. We encourage our young people to do more, learn more and be more. We believe in bringing people together. We celebrate diversity and stand against intolerance, always. We’re a worldwide movement, creating stronger communities and inspiring positive futures.
About the Junior Commercial Lawyer role:
The role is primarily focused on the delivery of a wide range of legal advice to The Scouts Association (“TSA”), its subsidiary companies and the Scouts Association Trust Corporation in the areas of, property, contract and general commercial matters. The role holder will liaise with internal and external stakeholders, at all levels of the business in order to provide accurate and timely advice and to ensure that TSA is compliant with legislation and best practice.
What will you be doing as a Junior Commercial Lawyer?
- Provide advice to both TSA and the Scout Association Trust Corporation, which acts as Custodian Trustee for TSA and its members in relation to property and conveyancing matters.
- Work closely with the Commercial Solicitor to ensure compliance with relevant legislation.
- Preparing, negotiating, drafting and advising on a range of commercial property matters for SATC in its role as Custodian Trustee; including the grant, renewal and surrender of leases, commercial sales and purchases.
- Provide commercial advice to colleagues on contracts with funders, suppliers, partners
- Advising on regulatory and compliance matters including charity, company, and fundraising law and best practice.
- Provide guidance and advice to the TSA and the wider movement as appropriate.
- Undertake legal research as required.
- Carry out any other legal work and tasks as required by the Head of Legal Services.
What we can offer you as our Junior Commercial Lawyer:
- 25 days holiday per annum + bank holidays
- Additional holidays between Christmas & New Year
- Life Assurance
- Simply Health Scheme
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Free car parking
- Gilwell park minibus service
What we are looking for in our Junior Commercial Lawyer:
- Ability to conduct legal research, interpret legislation and case law
- Ability to draft and negotiate complex legal documents
- Demonstrable excellent client care skills
- Qualified Solicitor or Barrister with a minimum of 1 year Post Qualification Experience
- Demonstrable experience of transactional commercial property law and some understanding of property litigation.
- Knowledge of general commercial contract law and regulatory matters affecting the Charity Sector
- Demonstrable experience of negotiating and drafting a range of contracts
- Knowledge of procurement and data protection legislation is desirable
Term: 6 Month Fixed Term Contract
Hours: 35 hours per week
Location: Gilwell Park, Chingford, London
Salary: £35,354 per annum inclusive of Outer London Weighting
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to join our fantastic team! Click ‘Apply’ now to become our Junior Commercial Lawyer.
The Scouts is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to diversity and actively seeking applicants from a wide range of backgrounds.
Strictly no agencies