Our client is a market leader in credit management services including debt purchasing, contingency collections, business process outsourcing and litigation. They are an award winning, Investors in People Gold accredited organisation and they are passionate about the ethical treatment of our customers and employees.
This contract is for 12 month FTC (Maternity Cover).
Part of in-house legal team comprising of 1 Solicitor, 1 Legal Exec, 5/6 Defence Execs however is based in a large office of 200+ employees. Reporting into Principal Solicitor.
All successful candidates will have to go through pre-employment screening checks prior to joining which can take 2-3 weeks. This includes: credit check, criminal background check, right to work, references for 3 years and proof of address for 3 years.
Employment cannot be offered to anyone if they have a live CCJ, IVA or bankruptcy on their credit file.
Based in the middle of Worthing town centre, no on-site parking but there is a subsidised parking scheme.
The role is to supervise colleagues in relation to debt recovery litigation, and to assist with the firm’s operational and compliance activities.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
• Contribute to the growth of firm through business development and the development of operational efficiencies and litigation strategies.
• Run ad hoc projects as required, including those relating to court/regulatory changes, and innovative ideas being implemented.
• Deal with complex defended consumer credit cases.
• Supervise colleagues dealing with volume debt recovery litigation and deal with wide range of queries from colleagues.
• Contribute to firm’s quality assurance measures including checking post, claims and applications.
Things we need from you:
• A qualified solicitor or legal executive.
• At least 3 years post qualification experience in a solicitors’ firm dealing with litigation matters.
• Consumer credit litigation desirable but not essential.
• Financial services experience desirable not essential.
• Working knowledge of SRA regulation
• Experience of managing and supervising staff
• Strong working knowledge of MS Office applications.
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Gym membership subsidy
• Discount and cash back on hundreds of high-street shops,
• Healthcare cash back plan
• Travel insurance
• 23 days holiday
• On site massage and health checks
Salary: £40,000 - 50,000 plus £5,000 end of contract bonus based upon completing full 12 months and performance.
Office hours: 9am - 5pm with some flexibility between 8am - 6pm
Upon applying for this position you are giving authorisation for Clear Sky Recruitment Ltd to contact you regarding this vacancy and other vacancies our team feel that may be suitable for you. We will not present your CV to any clients without your consent. We will contact you if your CV is of interest to our client and if you are unavailable, then we will leave a message and send a text message. It will be your responsibility to return our call