Closing Date: 31/05/2021
Birmingham 2022 are looking for a Logistics Operations Manager to join the Logistics Functional Area (FA). This person will be responsible for identifying, scoping, storing, delivering, recovering and disposing of the materials required to stage the Games. This position will play a key role in ensuring integration of the Logistics workstreams with the wider Organising Committee and will have accountability for specific deliverables and projects as directed by the Venue and Village Logistics Operations Lead.
The Logistics team are responsible for identifying, scoping, storing, delivering, recovering and disposing the materials required to stage the Games.
Responsibilities of the role will evolve over the duration of the contract with the changing needs of the Logistics FA. Contract end date is 31 March 2022.
* Provide general support to the Logistics workstream Leads; the Venue and Village Logistics Operations Lead and Logistics Operations Lead.
* Provide "trouble shooting" support to the Venue and Village Logistics Operations Lead and Logistics Operations Lead, working with each workstream to progress planning, and support the resolution of operational issues as required.
* Develop effective working relationships and collaborate across the Logistics team, partners, suppliers and other Organising Committee FAs.
* Develop and implement the roll out of the Master Delivery Schedule (MDS) system, including final system testing and development and delivery of the user training program and materials for all stakeholders.
* Support the attainment of operational readiness, working with the Organising Committee's central readiness team to ensure coordination and alignment of the approach across the workstreams, with specific focus on leading the planning of the Logistics readiness programme and mobilisation (such as accreditation, accommodation, vehicle access permit passes).
* As part of supporting the FA's approach to operational readiness, support the development and implementation of plans to enable the bulk recruitment, mass induction and mobilisation of Logistics Games time paid staff in the lead-up to the Games.
* Support any specific project work related to the impacts of Covid-19.
* Liaise with workstream Leads to update risk and issues and produce monthly report.
* End-to-end delivery of projects.
* Ability to deliver excellent results.
* Significant experience in a similar role involving planning and delivering operations and projects.
* Proven experience in a fast-paced, complex project-based environment with emphasis on timelines and delivery of projects on-time working across multiple departments.
* Ability to operate in a dynamic working environment, handling multiple tasks within a multicultural environment .
* Experience in developing operational documentation and training material.
* A bachelor's degree or equivalent in business, events, logistics, sport management or a related field.
* Knowledge of logistics planning and management at events.
* Experience delivering the Master Delivery Schedule and/or readiness programme.
* Experience of working within an Organising Committee on a previous Commonwealth Games or multi-sport event.
This position is subject to a Basic criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Birmingham 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer and we encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities. We have received the Leaders in Diversity award through the National Centre for Diversity. The principles "FREDIE" (Fairness - Respect - Equality - Diversity - Inclusion and Engagement) support our aim of delivering a truly inclusive and accessible games.
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. If you wish for your application to be considered under the Disability Confident scheme, please submit a completed form with your application, which can be found on the Birmingham 2022 jobs site under the current vacancies drop down.
To apply for this role please follow the link and complete the application attaching a single document containing your CV and Covering Letter. Please also submit your disability confident/ reasonable adjustments form (if required).
On occasions where we receive a large number of applications, we may close the advert ahead of the publicised closing date. We would therefore advise that you submit your completed application as soon as possible.
We take your data privacy seriously. Before sending your application please review our applicant privacy notice which explains how we use your personal data. This can be found on the Birmingham 2022 jobs site under the current vacancies drop down.