Peabody has an exciting opportunity for a Lifeguard at Darwin Court, we are looking for an energetic and self-motivated lifeguard who can help us with our busy swimming pool. You will join us on a full time, one year fixed term contract, in return for a competitive salary of £19,990 per annum.
The Lifeguard role:
The main tasks would be supervising poolside, being alert at all times, helping with our swimming lessons, keeping facilities clean and tidy and some admin work. Having a lifeguard qualification is desirable but not essential, as Peabody will provide training for the right candidate. You will need to ensure people in and around the pool are complying with safety guidelines to ensure a safe and enjoyable visit for all customers.
Responsibilities of our Lifeguard include:
- Assist in maintaining the safety and welfare of all swimming pool users in line with industry guidance (HSG 179 Managing health and safety in swimming pools)
- Maintain constant surveillance in the facility and acting immediately and appropriately to secure safety of users in the event of emergencies
- Perform various maintenance duties to maintain a clean and safe facility in line with cleaning schedules and local procedures and ensuring that all chemicals are correctly used and stored
- Be aware of all emergency procedures and assist in avoiding and controlling emergency situations
- Monitor activities in swimming areas to prevent accidents, provide assistance to swimmers and caution swimmers regarding unsafe areas
- Ensure that all parts of the pool are made secure when not in use
- Carry out a pool tests every two hours on a daily schedule and report any unsafe conditions or equipment to the swimming services manager or centre coordinator.
- Ensure personal lifeguarding qualification is current, with evidence available on site at all times
- Assist in helping all setups and takedowns at the appropriate programmed times for all bookings
- Ensure all relevant qualifications are kept up to date, and attend/undertake any training as required.
- Attend to minor accidents, administer appropriate first aid and maintain accurate records as necessary;
- Take responsibility for the safe and effective day to day operation of the facility, it’s staff and customers.
- Follow Peabody Health and Safety policies and procedures to ensure, as far as is practicable, your own safety and that of others in the workplace. You may be required to undertake specific Health and Safety roles such as Fire Warden or First Aider as part of your duties
What we’re looking for in our Lifeguard:
- Excellent skills in the application of lifeguarding surveillance and rescue techniques
- Knowledge of relevant Health and Safety regulations and guidance
- Ability to adapt, work under pressure and deal with emergency situations should they arise
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Effective working relationships with staff and the public
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations
- Alertly observe and analyse public safety situations and determine appropriate course of action
- National Pool Lifeguard qualification/Any Life Saving Qualification Or ability to gain Lifeguard Qualification in Two weeks
Closing date: 23rd October 2019
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Lifeguard please click ‘apply’ now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
Peabody is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
NO AGENCY INTEREST