We are looking to recruit a Play Assistant to support the day-to-day operational running of our Hullabazoo indoor play area at Whipsnade Zoo.
Job Title: WZ Play Assistant
Contract: Seasonal 3 Months Contract
Salary: £7.85 per hour, inclusive of allowances
Location: Whipsnade Zoo – LU6
We’re ZSL, an international conservation charity. Our vision is a world where wildlife thrives and we’re working every day to achieve this. From investigating the health threats facing animals, to helping people and wildlife live alongside each other, we are committed to bringing wildlife back from the brink of extinction. Through the work of our pioneering scientists, our dedicated conservationists and our unrivalled animal experts in our two zoos, we guide and enable others in the UK and all across the world. Inspiring, informing, empowering – working for wildlife.
The successful candidate will contribute to the overall impression and experience of the indoor play facility, including the play area, and birthday party offer, to exceed visitor expectations. This position will report directly to the Senior Play Leader and will work alongside the permanent Play Leaders. As a result, we need energetic, fast thinkers with bags of fun and enthusiasm to help deliver the best possible experience for our visitors.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
* Ensure that visitors of all ages in Hullabazoo indoor play are safe and secure at all times.
Assist the Senior Play Supervisor, Deputy Supervisor and Permanent Play Assistants to ensure the efficient running of the play facility at all times and the reception area where visitors are welcomed and checked in.
* Ensure that equipment and facilities available in Hullabazoo are kept clean and in accordance with health and safety regulations; and are used in an appropriate way.
* Attend to individual children’s and other visitors needs as they arise and ensure exemplary customer service at all times.
* Support the visitor satisfaction score targets of Hullabazoo are met or exceeded and respond to customer feedback to continually improve the visitor experience.
* Ensure the learning objectives of Hullabazoo are met, as communicated by the Deputy Play Supervisor.
* Sometimes it may be necessary to limit the amount of visitors in the play centre and therefore, with management from the Senior Play Supervisor or Deputy Supervisor the Seasonal Play Assistant, should manage this system of limiting play usage with the use of timed sessions and ensure excellent visitor communication and customer service at all times.
* Carry out any other duties within the scope of the post. Flexible attitude to working requirements to meet the needs of ZSL Whipsnade Zoo.
Although experience matters to us we are more focused on getting the right person for the role. As a result, below is a guide on what we are looking for in potential applicants:
* Able to remain positive and enthusiastic with a can-do attitude.
* Good interpersonal skills in order to communicate effectively with children, parents and the Hullabazoo team.
* Previous experience setting up, assisting and scheduling private hire activities, in addition to assisting visitors with their supplies, leftover food and gifts.
* Able to have fun whilst remaining professional and approachable.
* Experience working within a similar environment would be desirable.
* A creative flare and an interest in face painting.
* Experience working in a fast paced environment with a helpful and flexible attitude.
* Able to demonstrate great customer service skills.
* Team orientated and able to demonstrate a real desire to make a positive difference.
* Prior experience handling cash and processing card payments.
* NVQ Level 1 qualification in child care or Playwork would be advantageous, but not essential.
Please note: As mentioned in the job title this is a Seasonal position offering various hours (but will involve weekend and bank holiday working). If you think you have what we need, we would love to have you working with us.
Closing date for applications: Midnight (23:59) Friday 26th October 2018
TO APPLY AND FOR MORE INFORMATION:
If you would like to find out more about this position and to apply, please click the 'Apply' button to be directed to our website where you can complete your application.
We are committed to the principle of equal opportunities in employment.
The Zoological Society of London is a charity registered in England and Wales: no. 208728.
No agencies please