The Camping and Caravanning Club is a not-for-profit organisation, which means that every penny spent with us is invested back into improving facilities and services for our members.
We have over 100 campsites in our Club network and a further 16 Camping in the forest sites, set in some of the most picturesque locations, nearby to leading tourist destinations across the UK.
We pride ourselves on having friendly campsite managers and excellent facilities.
Our Camping in The Forest (CiTF) staff members come from a wide variety of backgrounds, but what's paramount is experience and passion for camping and caravanning, as everything that is dealt with on a day-to-day basis will naturally be camping related!
We are currently recruiting for a CiTF Manager to join our established, hardworking and friendly team, on a seasonal contract basis.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
* To make sure that the CiTF policies are implemented and interpreted to the benefit of all campers through a flexible, fair and friendly approach and attitude
* To manage the day to day operation of Site budget, keeping control of onsite costs and tracking pitch night sales and site P&L
* To take responsibility for all Health and Safety aspects of the Site, including Site inspections, Risk Assessments, COSHH, and Fire Safety
* Focus on providing excellent customer service personally and through the team
* To be pro-active in engaging with customers, exceeding their expectations plus swift resolution of any problems that may occur
* Reviewing external customer feedback such as TripAdvisor, Google reviews, UK Campsite reviews etc. to be able to identify issues important to customers
* Keeps up-to-date with things happening in the local area that can be promoted to customers
* Trains, coaches & develops effective and competent Site Assistants and Senior Site Assistants using the available resources
* To ensures the site’s appearance is maintained to an excellent standard and the site's facilities (if applicable) are maintained to a high level of cleanliness
* Responsible for Site reporting, including arrivals and inventory and financial reconciliation on a daily and weekly basis
* Plan and adapt the working schedule on site to ensure effective use of hours and compliance with legislation to best meet the needs of the site
* Support other CitF sites in other locations if required
We’re looking for the following in applications:
* Must have at least 3 years previous experience of running a campsite, involving touring and seasonal customers
* Must have demonstrable experience of leading, training and developing a team
* A recognised management qualification is desirable, but not essential
* Experience of Microsoft Office packages, including Work, Excel and Outlook
* Calm, friendly and flexible, with the skills to manage conflict situations to ensure the best outcome for all concerned
* Strong planning, organising and problem solving skills
The Camping and Caravanning Club is a fantastic place to work. With a supportive, dedicated team and customer focused attitude, generous annual leave entitlement and free parking among our benefits.
If you are interested in applying for this post, please send in your CV together with a covering letter and salary expectation to Bethany Fardon (Recruitment & HR Administrator)
Due to the high volume of applications normally received unfortunately it is not possible for the Club to communicate back with each applicant so please note that if you do not hear from the Club within 2 weeks of sending your application you should assume that unfortunately you have not been successful on this occasion.
Candidates selected for interview will normally be contacted by telephone and email.
The Camping and Caravanning Club actively promotes equality, diversity and inclusion. We match the needs of the Club with skills and experience of candidates, irrespective of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation