Footwear Production Apprentice
Position: Footwear Production Apprentice
Location: Wollaston, Northamptonshire
Job Type: Full Time, 12 months Fixed Term Contract
About the role:
Working alongside the production team at our Cobbs Lane Factory, you will learn the footwear production process from start to finish. Upon successful completion of both the Technical Certificate and NVQ you will achieve an Intermediate Apprenticeship in Footwear.
The Technical Certificate and NVQ are made up of the following modules:
- The history of footwear and the Dr Martens brand!
- Health and Safety practices: Current legislation, rights & responsibilities, manual handling and COSHH and RIDDOR.
- Working relationships within the team, code of conduct and communication methods.
- Quality: About Company standards, methods of improvement and monitoring systems.
- Upper shoe production: Foot measurement, size scales and comparison, lasts types, functions & features, design, pattern cutting, clicking & closing.
- Lasting, Making and Shoe room constructions and processes.
- Materials used and their uses: Adhesives, components, upper & bottom materials.
It’s never just a job at Dr. Martens. It’s a way of life. We live and breathe our Fundamentals – Integrity, Professional, Passionate, Team Players. They define who we are and how we get the job done. We believe each role is as unique as the person who does it. To be our Footwear Production Apprentice you will also possess these qualities:
- You will have attention to detail and the ability to communicate with other colleagues and management
- English and Maths at Grade D GCSE (or equivalent) or above
- An eagerness to learn and a passion for the Dr Martens brand
You may have experience of the following: Footwear Production Apprentice, Production Apprentice, Fashion, Apprentice, Apprenticeship, Footwear Production Apprenticeship, Production Apprenticeship, Shoe Manufacturing Apprenticeship, etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications