A leading Social Media Company based in London is seeking a Data Scientist to join their team on a 6 month contract.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with one of the strongest data sets in the world, cutting edge technology, and the ability to see your insights turned into real products on a regular basis.
The successful candidate will have a background in a quantitative or technical field, will have experience working with large data sets, and will have some experience in data-driven decision making.
* Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how our users interact with our core/business products
* Partner with Product and Engineering teams to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities
* Inform, influence, support, and execute our product decisions and product launches.
* The Data Scientist Analytics role has work across the following four areas:
* Working in Hadoop and hive primarily, sometimes MySQL, oracle, and vertica
* Authoring pipelines via SQL and python based ETL framework
* Building key data sets to empower operational and exploratory analysis
* Automating analyses
* Setting goals
* Designing and evaluating experiments monitoring key product metrics, understanding root causes of changes in metrics
* Building and analysing dashboards and reports
* Proposing what to build in the next roadmap
* Understanding ecosystems, user behaviours, and long-term trends
* Identifying levers to help move key metrics
* Evaluating and defining metrics
* Building models of user behaviours for analysis or to power production systems
* Influencing product teams through presentation of work
* Communicating of state of business, experiment results, etc. to product teams
* Spreading best practices to analytics and product teams
* Experience doing quantitative analysis.
* Fluency in SQL or other programming languages. Some development experience in at least one scripting language (PHP, Python, Perl, etc.)
* Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
* The ability to communicate the results of analyses in a clear and effective manner
* Basic understanding of statistical analysis.
* Experience with a statistical package such as R, MATLAB, SPSS, SAS, Stata, etc.
* Experience with an Internet-based company.
* Experience with large data sets and distributed computing (Hive/Hadoop) a plus.
* BA/BS in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics or other technical field. Advanced degrees preferred
If you feel you fit the above criteria, please apply today.
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK