Orbs Solutions are seeking a Corporate Communications Officer. This is an exciting role for a Press Officer who works within Media and holds a degree in a specialist relevant subject such as communications, journalism, media or a relevant professional qualification, e.g. NCTJ. It would be very advantageous if you have current experience working within in an emergency service or similar fast-paced communications environment. You will develop and deliver communications activity for the Police to inform, influence and engage its communities, stakeholders, partners and workforce you will be expected to travel throughout Stratford upon Avon, Hindlip Worcester, Leamington Spa, Telford, Shrewsbury, Warwickshire and West Mercia area.
* Develop and deliver tactical communication strategies, initiatives and plans (internal and external) in line with policing priorities using a wide range of communication channels. Lead on specific areas of communications as identified by the Corporate Communications Team Leader.
* Provide strategic advice and guidance to senior officers / managers in relation to major and critical incidents, policing priorities, change projects, operations and corporate reputation risks.
* Participate in an on-call rota to provide 24/7 availability to provide tactical advice and guidance to manage risks to public confidence in the forces and / or respond to major and critical incidents.
* Develop and deliver advice and training to enhance the communication capability and capacity of the workforce.
Person specification Knowledge:
* Extensive knowledge of media law, ethics and codes of conduct and an understanding of the production, distribution and consumption of all forms of media, including new and multimedia.
* Extensive knowledge of marketing theory, internal communications, marketing campaigns, digital and new media marketing and multimedia systems and tools (e.g. internet, intranet systems and social media channels).
* Experience of communications campaign development, reputation management, digital communications delivery (including social media) and internal communications.
* Experience of commissioning and managing service providers e.g. monitoring agencies, news management system suppliers, photographic services, graphic design, print buying and digital advertising.
* Experience of providing training to enhance the communication capability and capacity of the organisation’s workforce.
* Experience of leading communication projects and initiatives from concept to implementation and evaluation.
* Experience of advising and influencing senior internal and external stakeholders.
* Experience of delivering corporate change communications.
* Experience of using local, regional and national media coverage and other publications to deliver organisational aims and objectives.
* Experience of delivering tactical communication plans to effectively manage complex, high profile, fast moving and politically sensitive incidents or operations.
* High level of strategic thinking and analysis
* Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
* High level of influencing and interpersonal skills
* Ability to identify and deal with sensitive issues
* Ability to work to a deadline and under pressure
* High level of creatively / innovative thinking
* Ability to multi task and prioritise work, high level of planning and organisational skills
* Versatility and adaptability in communications style and approach.
* Good problem-solving skills.
* Experience of working in an emergency service or similar fast-paced communications environment.
* A degree in a specialist relevant subject such as communications, journalism or media or a relevant professional qualification, e.g. NCTJ.
* Experience of developing and maintaining relationships with key communication stakeholders across the organisation, governance bodies, local government and key media.
* Experience of project management.
This post has been designated as ‘Politically Sensitive’ under the Local Government and Housing Act 1989 (as amended). Travel throughout the
Stratford upon Avon Hindlip Worcester Leamington Spa Telford or Shrewsbury Warwickshire and West Mercia area, with peripatetic working as required, On call commitment. Requirement to work unsociable hours including weekends. The duties of this post may expose the post holder to disturbing / unpleasant images.
Candidates will be required as part of the Police recruitment process to successfully complete vetting and credit checks. Please apply to the email provided. This role has been advertised by Debbie Lambe