Our client is looking for a Senior Project Manager -
The Senior Project Manager role is responsible for leading and providing oversight to priority Programme/ Project(s) across the Grenfell Recovery programme, ensuring there is appropriate oversight and management of all strategic and operational risks and issues, and coordinating associated activities to ensure that strategic objectives are met. This includes:
• Leading and managing projects and programmes across Grenfell Response and across the council to deliver the outcomes of the Grenfell Recovery Strategy
• Servicing internal senior stakeholder and external stakeholders (including Government Departments) with accurate, up-to-date progress against Grenfell strategic objectives and outcomes
• Maintaining a central and detailed view of the Grenfell Recovery delivery plans ensuring they are understood by internal and external stakeholders
• Understanding the Grenfell Recovery priorities, and making planning and resourcing decisions that support their delivery, including directing activities and project(s) across the Grenfell Recovery to better meet these desired outcomes
• Raising risks and issues across the Grenfell Recovery and escalating them to the appropriate level to mitigate or address
* • Coordinating and managing Grenfell Recovery governance arrangements, communicating project progress, critical risks and decisions to relevant boards and stakeholders
* • Managing and maintaining programme and project documentation, including documentation that supports effective governance and decision making
• Working as part of multi-disciplinary teams to respond to internal and external enquiries on delivery of the Grenfell Recovery Strategy and progress, for example, a high-profile enquiry or short-term delivery objective.
• Ensuring staff reporting to the post holder are well led, managed and developed.
• Supporting the maintenance of an up-to-date central knowledge repository to support staff to access the most recent documentation (e.g. current policies, contextual information, programme documentation, service catalogues)
• Providing support to the three core Grenfell Recovery areas (Dedicated Service, Commissioning, Community Programme)
• Managing project communication both within the delivery team and externally across the council
• To carry out all duties in accordance with relevant Council, directorate and local policies, procedures and standards
• To be aware of the Council’s Health and Safety Policy and to work safely.
• To attend and participate in a range of meetings as appropriate
• To participate in training and make constructive use of supervision and performance review to enhance opportunities for personal development, and to contribute improvements to the service
• To carry out the responsibilities of the post at all times with due regard to equal opportunities, the Data Protection Act and the maintenance of confidentiality and service user choice
• To develop good working relationships with all teams within the service, other directorates, business groups and partner agencies
• To undertake any other appropriate duties as directed by line managers.
Please only apply if you have the necessary skills, experience and expertise. The first part of our recruitment process is to send your CV