COUNCIL - SOUTH WEST
£38k - £40k PER ANNUM
Baltimore Consulting are currently assisting a local authority for the appointment of a experienced Group Accountant for a fixed term contract of 12 months.
The post holder will make an effective contribution to the Finance Management of the Council by providing financial advice and management accounting services to a portfolio of service divisions and maximising the benefit of the revenue and capital financial resources at their disposal by providing professional finance support to the Divisional Directors, Senior Managers and political decision makers.
Main duties will include:
• Ensuring that appropriate financial processes and controls are in place to manage expenditure and income within the budget management and policy framework are essential.
• Provide professional financial advice and information to support the development of budgets, financial plans, project plans and the review of policies and strategies.
• Develop relationships based on personal credibility and be capable of delivering clear and concise presentations of financial information to ensure that the audience understands the financial aspects in key decisions.
• Prepare and monitor the annual budget and capital programme, including regular review and forecasting, in compliance with the Budget Management Scheme, and produce financial monitoring reports for specified services
• Ensure optimum functional use is made of the Agresso financial system and that all budget managers are able to undertake basic enquiries to track their budget position.
• Produce final accounts in accordance with IFRS including the production of disclosure notes and supplementary financial analysis
The successful candidate will possess a CCAB qualification, have extensive knowledge of local authority services and systems including an appreciation and understanding of current and proposed legislation, and council policy and the impact it has on the authority.
If you are interested in this excellent opportunity and are available at short notice for a new assignment please do forward your updated CV or call Suzanne Rudd on (Apply online only)
P6 Project Planner / Programme Planner - Security Cleared
Long term projects, Bristol
RT Consulting specialise in delivering major change and transformation projects to support Project and Cost assurance initiatives within Defence and Government. Due to ongoing success and an ever growing Portfolio of Projects we’re keen to grow our interim community of Programme and Project Planners, Schedulers, Controllers and would be keen to speak with people who have specific experience in Primavera P6 and can demonstrate the following experience:
- Project Planning and Controls within major defence projects/ programmes
- Earned Value Management
- Schedule Risk Analysis
- Commercial Assurance
- Training, Coaching, Mentoring around Planning and tools
You must hold a current Security Clearance or have previously been security cleared.
As the Primavera P6 Planner, your responsibilities could include;
- Integrating the work pack estimates from the preparations team into the overall project plan
- Direct reporting to the Project Services Manager and supporting them in their duties
- Coordinating with Work site teams regarding change control and reporting
- Tracking of Scope changes
- Coordinating with inter-department leads for measuring progress to achieve accurate reporting results
- Reporting of Earned Value, highlighting trends and forecasting costs to management team
- Generation and presentation of project 'Dashboard' reports
- Carry out analysis of schedule variations
- Ensure expenditure is tracked and reported
- Collate updates from work site teams and contractors
- Communicate progress to stakeholders
- Identify and report risks of delivery to management team
- Carry out resource monitoring and reporting
Should this Security Cleared Primavera P6 Planner opportunity be of interest and you would like to discuss further please apply to Rhiannon Lawrence at RT Consulting today
3 SEND TA / Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistants needed !
Flexible hours available
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a SEN TA / Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistant in an outstanding primary school in Derby.
The school has a large amount of students of various abilities, ranging from moderate learning difficulties to complex and profound needs. The post requires a talented SEN TA / Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistant who is flexible, enthusiastic and dedicated to supporting children with educational needs to join their team of dedicated staff.
All applicants must be NVQ Level 2/3 qualified or equivalent and have a minimum of 6 months’ experience working with children with special educational needs and disabilities.
Due to the nature of the children attending the school the role may require personal care, nappy changing and activities such as hydrotherapy depending on the child you will be working with.
You will need to feel confident within a classroom environment and be able to take direction from a class teacher.
Do you hold a Level 2/3 NVQ certificate in Children’s Learning and Development or equivalent?
Do you work well independently and as part of a team?
The role will include:
Assisting the teacher with classroom preparation
work with students who require additional support
Leading group work
Helping the class teacher with pupil observations
As an SEN TA / Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistant through TeacherActive you will receive:
Competitive rates of pay up to £80-£100 a day
Support from a dedicated team of consultants
An excellent referral scheme
Access to a range of unique positions in our schools.
If you are interested in a role as an SEN TA / Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistant, please contact:
Nathan Derby primary consultant on (Apply online only) or email your CV to
All applicants will be contacted to discuss suitability and then invited to register with TeacherActive.
Registration involves an enhanced DBS check, ID checks and will require you to supply good professional references. We pride ourselves on excellent service. We can provide a wide range of opportunities in schools and other educational institutions, with good rates of pay, at times to suit your needs.
Regular external audits have shown repeatedly that our standards are exceptional. We are passionate about finding the right staff for each environment.
TeacherActive is an equal opportunities employer, and operates as an Employment Business in providing temporary or contract job-seeking services
Purchase Ledger Administrator / Accounts Payable Assistant
Middlesbrough, Across the boundaries of the Tees Valley
£19,305 Per Annum
37 hours per week
1 x Fixed term up to end December 2019
1 x Fixed term for 9 months
Social heart with a commercial outlook…
Our client are the largest landlord in the North East, owning and managing almost 34,000 homes in an area spanning North Tyneside to York, with the majority of properties in the Tees Valley. They have plans to build at least 2,000 new homes over the next five years, as well as investing over £100m in improving the homes they manage. By doing this, they will make a major contribution to the regeneration of the Tees Valley to support the local economy.
Thirteen people are deeply passionate about what they do and why they do it. They seek to employ people who share their ambition to think and work differently. This means sourcing those passionate individuals who ensure every relationship matters, are reliable, passionate and adaptable in their approach and can work progressively in a high performing, commercially minded environment.
They are currently seeking a Purchase Ledger Administrator to join them on a fixed term contract basis.
Within this role you will assist the Purchase Ledger & eBis Services Manager in the provision of an effective Accounts Payable and eBis Service ensuring invoices and purchase orders are processed within the required timescales and are correctly authorised.
With a minimum of A-C Grade GCSE in Maths and English, or equivalent, the successful candidate will have the ability to perform administrative duties, collate information and input data. You will have a good understanding of purchase Ledger and have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
Closing Date: 25th October 2018
Anticipated Interview Date: 6th November 2018
Previously interviewed applicants need not apply
Digital Transformation Public Health Consultant - £70,000- £78,000
This exciting role enables the successful candidate to bring their innovative tech ideas into mainstream activities by encouraging people to use everyday devices to access useful Apps to help improve living. This County Council has been using digital technology to help older people stay independent. Using assisted technology can help people achieve day to day activities and even help with small reminders to take or collect prescriptions. You can be part of this exciting journey of digital transformation for Public Health within local communities and really make a difference in improving inequalities.
- You must have experience working at Public Health Consultant/Lead level.
- Experience of working with Local Authority elected members
- Able to demonstrate how you have used data and intelligence to understand complex circumstances.
- Excellent understanding of relationships between health and social care
- You will be bale to demonstrate a broad knowledge of health improvement, asset based community development, mental health and wellbeing, tobacco control, physical activity and tackling obesity.
For a confidential conversation on both interim and permanent opportunities please contact our Adult Social Care & Health Specialist Danielle Mathers on (Apply online only)
My client, a London based NHS Trust are currently looking for a Fire Risk Assessor to add additional support to their team for an initial 3 month basis.
Your sole responsibility will be to carry out Fire Risk Assessments throughout the Trust's Estates.
If you are qualified to conduct FRA's and have experience working with a healthcare environment, please do get in contact with Paul Harker at Insight Executive Group
Working on behalf of our client, a local authority based in North West London, The Capital Group are currently recruiting for a Estate Services Supervisor.
* To supervise and provide an effective direction and management to a team of
* To provide on-site support, collecting and providing monitoring information and
producing reports as instructed.
* To deliver the highest quality caretaking service in a designated area.
* To work with other team members to provide an effective service.
* To monitor third part contractors and report on all estate services including
grounds maintenance, communal repairs, cleaning of grounds and windows.
* To monitor work performance and initiating corrective action where necessary
* To use IT systems where required
* To lead on Estate Health and Safety and Sustainability
* To coordinate the out of hours service
Please send CV to apply
My client, a large NHS Trust in Leicestershire are looking for a Fire Safety Advisor to provide interim support on an initual 3 month contract.
You will be required to carry Fire Risk Assesments through the Trust's estate and provide training and inductions to the Trust's stakeholders.
If you are qualified to conduct FRA's and have experience working within a Healthcare environment, please contact Paul Harker at Insight Executive Group
Pertemps Managed Solutions are currently recruiting on behalf of a government organisation based in Cardiff who are looking to recruit a Business Analyst
• Gathering information from the business lead (customer) and translating their requirements into straightforward business and project documents
• Identifying solutions to business issues and opportunities
• Supporting the customer during the implementation of a standard packaged application
• Understanding and applying an application development methodology where appropriate and contributing to the production of the deliverables required at each stage of the project life cycle.
• Participating in the Client implementation and installation processes
• To develop, write and execute system test scripts and participate in internal quality reviews
• Organising user/product owner testing with development teams and business leads
• To prepare system documentation and liaise with Development teams as required
• Previous experience in working in Public Sector or delivering regulatory changes would be preferable
• Experience of GIS and/or spatial data focussed projects
• End to end project lifecycle delivery
• Experience of solution procurement and associated processes
• The ability to extract and simplify business requirements
• Ability to liaise between business and technical stakeholders
• Experience of working on projects with mixed delivery methods (i.e. Waterfall & Agile)
• Driven to work autonomously when required
• Ability to manage multiple workstreams of requirements and stakeholders
• Proven track record of delivering complex change
For more information please apply and a recruitment consultant will be in touch to answer any queries you may have
Pertemps Managed Solutions are currently recruiting for a Environmental Monitoring Officer for our client based in Hammersmith.
This will be a long term contract running until August 2020 assisting within one of London's largest construction projects.
The role will involve ensuring that the impact from noise and nuisance on residents and others within the local Borough is controlled using appropriate enforcement powers
The Environmental Monitoring Officer will be responsible for the following:
• Respond to, investigate and resolve query's relating primarily to noise and nuisance, but also complaints relating to other areas within the Environmental Services remit.
• Work alongside officers from the Noise and Nuisance Service's 24 hour/7 days a week shift system.
• To assist in the preparation of the service and enforcement of legal notices.
• To follow up and re-visit where informal and formal action has been taken, checking works in progress, ensuring that the necessary works, etc. have been properly executed in accordance with good practice.
• Assist in the instigation of all necessary legal action in line with Council policy, including the preparation and presentation of evidence at Court and Tribunals.
Candidates wishing to apply for the Environmental Monitoring Office role should have experience working within a similar field dealing with noise and vibration complains within the construction industry.
You will also need to have the ability to work unsocial hours as the client operates a 24 hour operation.
This role is paying £27.93 per and hour and the contract will run until summer 2020.
If you wish to apply for this role please submit your CV