Our client requires the service of an experienced Building Surveyor / Contracts Surveyor to manage their partnering contractors on the repairs and maintenance programme. The position will require but not be limited to the following tasks
* Approving variations, out of scope works, quoted works
* Managing assigned budgets allocated to the various work streams. Approx. £1.5m over all work streams
* Leading and minuting monthly contract progress meetings
* Implementing improvement/ servicing programmes
* Preparation of specifications and obtaining quotations
* Resolution of day to day operational matters
* Investigation and resolution of complaints
* Checking and approving applications and payments
A fantastic opportunity has arisen at a thriving Local Authority based in the Northants area for an experienced Licensing Officer to assist their team with an increased work load.
About the Role:
The role will see you process a number of licence applications primarily focusing on alcohol and hackney carriage and private hire licenses in accordance with Licensing Act 2003 and Gambling Act 2005. This will require you to undertake inspections, conduct interviews, investigate complaints, write and present reports together with undertaking all administrative duties associated with this role.
The contracts are for an initial 2 months with the potential of rolling on well beyond and the council have said they are willing to be flexible with working arrangements. Pay rates are dependent on your experience.
Thorough and up to date knowledge of licensing legislation is essential. A clean and full driving license is also necessary to complete site visits.
If you would be interested in applying for this role, please do send your CV to me through CV Library, or
If you would like to have a chat about this role, or others, please do feel free to give me a call on 02077669075 - and ask for Will
My North West based NHS client is looking to hire a Project Manager on a 6 month contract. The suitable candidate will be working alongside others within their newly confirmed transformational project.
Skills and Requirements:
* Capital Project Experience within the NHS.
* Oversee the Planning and Development of builds within the Transformational Project.
* Engineering, Surveying or Architectural background.
* Be involved with Project cost plans and financial submission.
If interested please forward your most recent CV or get in touch to take advantage of our referral scheme.
Vivid Resourcing are committed to equality of opportunity for all applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships or any other characteristic protected by law
4 POSITIONS REQUIRED.
This role will provide you with an interesting and supported introduction to Project Management. As PMO Support, you will assist in maintaining the standards for project management within your team. This includes the implementation and application of project procedures, tools and techniques. You will provide support to your project team, and act as a source of project information and metrics.
MoJ expects its employees to show openness, honesty and commitment, and, of course, to deliver results.
Key responsibilities of the role
• Planning and scheduling – Ensure systems are in place to enable effective planning and scheduling.
• Monitoring and reporting – Manage project controls, reporting to the Project Manager about the project status. Develop project performance reports.
• Admin – Ensure organisational tasks are carried out efficiently. Manage compliance of the project with Departmental Security, Health & Safety, Equality & Diversity, Business Continuity and Business Planning.
• Resources – Manage workforce planning, providing information for effective decision making. Procurement of supplies and services related to project support within Delegated Financial Authority limits.
• Stakeholder – Manage and engage with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
• Financial control – Manage project spend and contribute to the compilation of budgets. Contribute to the project business case.
• Risks and Issues – Lead potential risk areas, working with risk manager and escalating as appropriate.
CV Submission Deadline: 25/01/18 @13:00
Cambridgeshire council is looking for motivated and experienced Social Worker, who can confidently work with young people in a Looked After Children and Care Leavers team. Cambridgeshire is a culturally vibrant and highly reputable council, with brilliant transport links and easily accessible by car.
What's on offer
* £28 per hour pay rate
* Training and development opportunities
* The potential to move into a permanent role
* A dedicated CHA Consultant to aid you through the interview and job onboarding process.
Your responsibilities as a Looked After Children and Care Leavers Social Worker
* You will be required to work with an allocated caseload and work within a statutory framework
* responsible for completing documents such as Care Plans, Pathway Plans and Safety Plans
* Completing risk assessments as well as being involved with completing visual age assessments and Merton Compliant age assessments
* Some home visits and telephone reviews
* Participating in team meetings
* Social Work Qualification and a minimum of 2 years post qualifying experience
* Experience of working with unaccompanied asylum-seeking children
* Experience within a Looked After Children's team, or a Care Leavers team
* You will be based in either Huntingdon or Cambridge and travelling is required as part of the role
* HCPC registration
* A Clear, Enhanced DBS
If you are interested in this application and wish to apply please follow the application instructions stated on the website, or alternatively you can contact Charles Hunter Associates directly and speak to Siobhan Veysey on (Apply online only)
This role for an Income Team Leader has been released on a temporary basis for 3 months initially.
Experienced Credit/Income manager/supervisor responsible for supervising team of four with billing and debt recovery activity. Team work on behalf of Social Services and collect charges for social care services.
This role is responsible for the operational management of the ASC Income team, its systems and identifying team priorities. The ASC Income team is responsible for ensuring all charges for social care services raised in the ASC system are invoiced via SAP. The team is also responsible for case managing the recovery of accrued debts in relation to unpaid contributions from social service's users or their estates in accordance with national guidance. Cases are managed from the point automated reminders have been issued until resolved, this includes working alongside Social Workers to support individuals to repay, instructing formal court procedures to take place or putting forward cases for write off. The team also oversee ASC long term loans and repayment plans.
The role supports the Corporate Income & Financial Services Improvement manager with reviewing and implementing debt recovery strategy and instigating or engaging in improvement activity with colleagues and teams across the Adult social care directorate where it relates to income or debt processes
The role also encompasses the monthly management of, direct debit collection, the Adult Social Care monthly invoice run and the maintenance of debtor accounts and master records as part of Oxfordshire's partnership with Hampshire Integrated Business Centre (IBC).
This post holder is responsible for ensuring that all relevant County policies and procedures are adhered to and concerns are raised in accordance with these policies
* Ensure that ASC Income Team resource is used in the most effective way to manage Adult Social Care debt levels (approx. £11 million) & debt at risk of not being collected (£2.5 million)
* Ensure that transactional processing is carried out in the most efficient way and opportunities for automation and streamlining are identified and implementation managed so ASC Income staff can focus on value added activity
* Produce a monthly aged debt dashboard report and analysis for senior managers within Adult Social Care and Finance detailing debt recovery performance against key targets and highlight potential material budgetary impacts
* Produce monthly aged debt operational reports for the team and Corporate Income Manager to provide business intelligence data on individuals performance against targets and to identify which debt areas/team members require more focus
* Manage the monthly Controcc direct debit collection in conjunction with the IBC. Including data management, security and processing.
* Manage the monthly generation of Controcc invoices (£30million p.a) in accordance with our contract, agreed timetable and format with IBC. Ensuring runs are reconciled and all discrepancies investigated.
* Manage processes related to the maintenance of debtor's accounts with the IBC.
* Line management of the Debt Recovery Officers and Debt Recovery Support Officer/s, ensuring that performance and development processes are in line with the Council's HR policies and procedures and management of the team as required.
* Ensure that identified debt is recovered and aged debt processes are followed in accordance with current policy in conjunction with IBC. Including managing the production of local procedural documentation that aligns with corporate and partner process and policies
* Review and sign off actions under the locally agreed debt management process: referrals for legal activity, write off referrals, customer refunds
* Support the Corporate Income Manager with complaint cases and identify gaps or issues in process
* Manage low level complaints and help resolve any complex phone calls or correspondence from customers relating to invoice queries or arrears, in a customer focused manner, where the team are unable to complete queries.
* Monitor and report on the monthly performance against annual impairment allowances and directorate write offs and report to senior managers and ASC income team as required.
* Work with the Corporate Income Manager to complete analysis to support the identification of issues with charging and collection that informs the design and introduction of improved strategies for debt collection improvement opportunities
You should match the following criteria:
Educational achievements, Qualifications, Training and Knowledge:
* GCSE English and Mathematics or equivalent A-C
* Finance/Credit management qualification or equivalent
* Supervisory or management performance qualification or equivalent
* Previous supervisory or management experience
* Minimum 2 years experience in a similar financial environment.
* Working to and producing performance targets or key performance indicators
* Interpreting data to inform operational or procedural decisions
Job related aptitude and skills:
* Sound understanding of financial accounting procedures
* Ability to assimilate processes quickly.
* Excellent organisational skills and the ability to co-ordinate & influence others.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Excellent level of computer literacy, e.g. use of spreadsheets, mainframe packages and management information systems. Including intermediate/advance excel
Please send your most updated CV to Grant Wilson by clicking apply now.
Fusion People are committed to promoting equal opportunities to people regardless of age, gender, religion, belief, race, sexuality or disability. We operate as an employment agency and employment business.
You'll find a wide selection of vacancies on our website
Cambridgeshire council is looking for a qualified and experienced Social Worker to join their Adults Social Care Team in Cambridge. Cambridgeshire is a culturally vibrant and highly reputable council, with great transport links, and is easily accessible by car.
What's on offer?
* A competitive pay rate
* You will be part of a supportive and well-structured team
* A dedicated CHA Consultant to aid you through the interview and job onboarding process
* The opportunity to work from home (1 or 2 days per week to complete written reviews after training)
* Guaranteed weekly payment
Your responsibilities as an Adults Social Worker
* To undertake long term work, responsible for writing reviews, handling complex cases, safeguarding and CHC assessments
* Ensure that all the Policies and Procedures are being followed
* As their Social Worker, you will be providing advice, guidance and support whenever necessary
* A recognized Social Work qualification (Degree/DipSW/CQSW) with a minimum of 2 years' experience
* A valid HCPC registration
* Significant experience of working as a Qualified Social Worker within an Adults Social Care team
* AIS trained is advantageous
* An in-depth knowledge and understanding of the current legislation relevant to Adults care
* As their social worker, you must hold a full UK Driving License and have access to a vehicle to travel to other areas
* A clear enhanced DBS
If you are interested and wish to apply please follow the application instructions stated on the website, or alternatively you can contact Charles Hunter Associates directly and speak to Siobhan Veysey on (Apply online only)
Responsible Quality Assurance Engineer
I currently have a new opening for a Responsible Quality Assurance Engineer within the local Stevenage area.
The Responsible Quality Assurance Engineer will be responsible for leading and assuring Quality Assurance activities. Ensuring product quality meets the required (MAIT) excellence standards.
As a Responsible Quality Assurance Engineer you will be tasked with:
* Chair gates reviews as defined in the project and as agreed with project PA
* Deliver quality briefs with the area manager in the shop floor to raise awareness to operators on lessons learned and good practice.
* Review AIT work instructions for technical integrity, regarding product quality requirements including inspection, verification points and configuration status.
* Manage all NCRs within the defined scope in AIT using problem solving tools. Confirm non-conformances and ensure 1st closure is defined and implemented. Chair Internal Review Board (IRB) and set functional team for the elimination of the root cause.
* Promote and conduct risk analyses (incl. PFMEA), and take part in the implementation and follow-up of preventive actions.
* Elaborate audit plan and perform flash and process audits.
* Provide monthly report of Quality Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
Qualifications and Experience required for the Responsible Quality Assurance Engineer
Degree or equivalent (such as HND) in an Engineering related discipline
Proven experience in a similar role in this or a related sector - Automotive/Aviation/General Manufacturing
Knowledge of Quality standards or equivalent - ECSS/EN9100/ISO9001 etc.
Lean, continuous improvement qualifications, Green or Black belt would be desirable
Preferably accredited course in quality assurance or related disciplines - e.g. IQA/IET/IMechE
Here at Ceema we like to offer a personal bespoke package towards both our candidates and clients alike, by doing this we establish a good rapport which enables us to best suit the candidates' abilities and preferences to our client's needs. We find that our current clientele prefer this service through an established local agent. Please take your time to peruse our website which will highlight how we can be of assistance to you
Policy Monitoring and Research Officer (Planning Service)
£15.67 PAYE or £20.22 Umbrella Per Hour
Inside IR35 - Therefore you cannot operate as a Limited Company
Significant experience and knowledge of using GIS software, preferably MapInfo.
Contributing to the physical, economic and social regeneration of the Borough and the wider sub - region, ensuring development is of high quality responds to climate change at a local level and delivers policy objectives as set out in Government regional and local planning policy frameworks and related strategies.
To work with colleagues in planning, housing, education, regeneration and corporate policy to enable the Authority to effectively evaluate policy and formulate key policy responses, in support of the Council's statutory functions and relevant to growth and infrastructure planning.
To monitor residential housing supply by accurately recording development schemes granted planning permission through to their construction and completion. This includes timely updates to the GLAs London Development Database, and compilation of the 15 year housing trajectory and 5 year housing supply.
To lead on the collection, development, maintenance and dissemination of comprehensive land use information, enabling the provision of timely and accurate information forecasting and profiling to range of internal and external partners and stakeholders.
To lead on the timely delivery and accurate collection of indicators for the Authorities Monitoring Report (AMR) and preparation of the report with clear presentation of findings and recommendations.
Carry out a range of research and planning policy related tasks as required, relating the review of the Council's Local Plan.
* Technical Experience / Skills / knowledge
* Demonstrable experience of using a range of PC based word-processing, spreadsheet and database applications for analysis.
* Experience in a research environment including; Identifying and using relevant research data sources - demographic, social, and economic.
* Knowledge and/or experience of working in a planning role.
* Proven experience of leading on High-level data/information analysis.
* Able to analyse and interpret large and complex sets of data to produce meaningful statistics and derive sound conclusions.
* Able to write clear, concise letters, reports and policy documents. .
* Able to deal with enquiries and give advice to a wide range of people inside and outside the Council.
* Able to prepare and give effective presentations.
Able to work on projects both individually and as part of a wider
* Assist in the preparation and presentation of reports for Corporate Committee and other audiences (including Scrutiny Panel, Advisory Forums, Partnership meetings), based upon meaningful analysis of data and assessment of policy implications. Ensure that related timescales and deadlines are met
Business Objects Report Writer (Housing Services)
£21.76 PAYE or £27.22 Umbrella (Per Hour)
Inside IR35 - Therefore you cannot operate as a Limited Company
Experience of writing reports for Housing Services using data from Northgate Housing (I-world)
1. Liaise with service leads to understand reporting requirements and the underlying data structures.
2. Work with the System Owner to deliver a suite of standard business reports and to create ad hoc reports for audit purposes.
3. Ensure appropriate security levels are set up to protect sensitive data.
4. Manage the development and maintenance of data export routines required to run business reports.
5. Provide first line support for any issues with reports and assistance with the development of the business reports.
6. Responsible for the development of validation processes on the accuracy and quality of the data held within the business applications.
7. Prepare and update detailed documentation for each set of reports.
8. Keep up-to-date with reporting tool developments and apply them to improve reporting arrangements for the service.
9. Support various projects through the provision and analysis of management information.
10. .Undertake project work using project management techniques when upgrading the reporting environment establishing clear plans with measurable outcomes and milestones.
11. Undertake other duties commensurate to the grade of the post