Wiltshire Council are currently working alongside Spencer Clarke Group to recruit 3rd Line Core Support Officer
The role is available on a Full- Time basis, on an initial 4+month contract with a view to extension, with excellent pay rates on offer and hoping for someone to start ASAP
This role will look at all Core ICT services, e.g. Cloud Technologies, lync/Skype, SAP, Grow, Spatial, Databases, etc, in addition to ICT packages that are used by ICT to support the technical infrastructure I.e. Systems Centre Operations Manager (SCOM), Systems Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM), and Systems Centre Service Manager (SCSM).
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
• Develop and maintain the ICT Core Services e.g. SCSM, SCCM, O365, SharePoint, SAP, Grow, ESRI, SQL/ORACLE, Azure etc, preserving the Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability of the Core ICT systems
• Liaise with solution vendors in regard to upgrades and new versions, new developments and features.
• Undertakes work of highly specialised nature, which require in depth, detailed knowledge of the technical environment, including developing existing applications for new uses i.e. Business Intelligence, and the build and implementation of new solutions i.e. Predictive Analytics and Artificial Intelligence.
• Maintaining the accuracy and integrity of ICT systems and continually improving the central repository for knowledge about our systems, processes and developments, ensuring this information is available across the ICT Service.
• Respond to requests for information from ICT Security, HR and IA in relation to potential breaches in security/HR Policy and take action in accordance with relevant policies.
• Providing 3rd level technical support services for the Councils ICT and information assets. This duty will be include routine maintenance operations, troubleshooting minor and major incidents and problems and solution development and design works in response to these issues.
• Performing triage on large scale incidents and service failures to diagnose root cause and then determine the optimum process to affect a workaround and permanent fix.
• Troubleshooting issues arising with solutions still in the project phase and not handed over to support
• Required to make decisions without reference to a manager with regards to resolving major system issues.
• Making decisions and implementing them to interpret ICT policies with regards to addressing extreme losses of service for example devising a secure workaround to ensure payroll data can be transferred to the bank for payment in the event the primary routes are compromised
• ITIL 3 Foundation qualification or be prepared to undertake qualification within 6 months of employment
• Expert in between 1 and 3 of the following technologies and a good working knowledge in as many of the following technologies as possible:
• Ability to install, configure, maintain and support network LAN & WAN routing and switching technologies (including OSPF, BGP, ADSL, MPLS, VLAN’s, JUNOS, Cisco IOS) using Juniper
• Ability to install, configure, maintain and support firewall technologies (including VPN, Address translation, security Zones) using Juniper & Checkpoint
• Ability to install, configure, maintain and support Wireless Solutions – Aruba
• Ability to install, configure, maintain and support voice over IP services and technologies (including SIP, ACD, ISDN, call routing and signaling) using Skype Enterprise voice, Mitel & Avaya
If you are interested in the role, or know of anyone who may be, please contact Khalsa at Spencer Clarke recruitment on (Apply online only)