A self motivated, committed and enthusiastic Grounds Person is needed by a prestigious educational establishment to work in a team of 5 ensuring the 50 acres of sports fields, grounds and gardens are maintained to the highest standard.
Duties will include:
* All aspects of grounds and garden maintenance, including lawn maintenance and cultivation, soil cultivation – digging, weeding, mulching, and planting, hedge trimming, strimming, leaf blowing and edging.
* All aspects of sports grounds maintenance, including mowing, line marking, and pitch cultivation, in a multi-sports environment.
* Assist in the running of a large kitchen garden.
* Ground and low level arboriculture and maintenance.
* Use and maintenance of hand tools and mechanised horticultural machinery, to include cylinder and rotary mowers, strimmers, leaf blowers and hedge cutters.
* Use and basic maintenance of sports field equipment to include tractor drawn equipment and gang mowers.
* Application of chemicals when required in a safe manner.
* Keeping the grounds clear and free of litter at all times.
* Carrying out gritting, salt spreading and snow clearing car parks roads and pathways throughout the site.
* Responding to emergencies and assist other departments when required, as directed by the Estates Manager and Grounds Supervisor.
* Adherence to Health and Safety requirements noting that all duties must be carried out to comply with current Health & Safety at Work legislation.
* To be aware of, and report any security and Health & Safety risks posed within the school.
* To carry out small maintenance and cleaning work on external gates, fences, play equipment and signage.
Hours of work are 7.30am to 4.30pm or 8am to 5pm, Monday to Friday with the occasional requirement for an hour or two on a Saturday morning paid at time and a half. Candidates should have some previous relevant experience and will need to have own transport due to limited public transport services. A DBS check will be required.
To apply for this position you must have the right to work in the UK on a long term, permanent basis and live within a 10 mile radius of the location. Egham Employment Agency and Egham Agency Temporary Services Limited are acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role and we regret that we can only respond to those applicants who most closely match the specified criteria