Marketing & Communications Analyst
Location: Hockley Heath, Soihull
Contract: Fixed Term contract
Purpose: Responsible for the delivery of the Company’s marketing initiatives & analytics
Department: Commercial, Hockley Heath, Soihull
Reporting To: Head of Commercial & Marketing
This is initially a Fixed Term Contract until end of June 2019. There is a possibility for role to become permanent for the right candidate if they add the value anticipated.
Founded in 1991, with headquarters in the UK, Mayerton Refractories has successfully grown to become a leader in providing refractory products of the highest standard to the global iron and steel and non-ferrous industries. We now operate in over 40 countries across the world offering a range of services and solutions to our customers. We are now recruiting for a Marketing & Communications Analyst.
• Use market research and analysis to direct marketing strategy and planning;
• Establish marketing goals based on past performance and market forecasts;
• Develop detailed marketing plans for all media channels and sales teams;
• Assist the Head of Commercial & Marketing and Commercial Manager in the use of cross-selling and up-selling to drive targeted, well-timed marketing campaigns to consumers, using profiles of existing customers to target new customers.
• Preparation of Analytical Data;
• Manage, collate, process, review data covering customer lists / CRM / Key +Target accounts plus Won-Loss database and turn into relevant management information;
• Interrogate customer data to predict buying trends in order to make suggestions to increase customer satisfaction with a view to improving sales;
• Promote the use of good/innovative research across the company. Manage the research agenda, encourage the business to incorporate research into their business plans;
• Where necessary and with approval commission external companies to conduct research (qualitative and quantitative) and use this data to evaluate trends and make recommendations;
• Research and analyse market trends, demographics, pricing schedules, competitors‘ products and other relevant information to inform marketing strategies; track information relevant to the industry through high quality research;
• Review and report on competitor analysis.
Reporting & Communications:
• Report marketing vs sales results to the Head of Commercial & Marketing;
• Roll out marketing campaigns and measure their effectiveness;
• Oversee current offerings and create initiatives for the launch of new products & services;
• Manage the communications side of marketing campaigns, including writing and publishing new stories about our products; managing online content; copywriting duties;
• Update social media and company website with content on a regular basis adding links, videos, new product launch details, information on trade shows, data sheets, and any associated information;
• Communicate with advertising agencies; suppliers; printers; and other services to ensure marketing projects are delivered to deadlines;
• Internal communications - create and be responsible for the circulation of 6 monthly internal newsletter to colleagues & circulation of the Group internal Tech Mag.
Event & Show Management:
• Manage the Company’s global show diary – sourcing of relevant conferences & events; booking of chosen
events; collation of post-show data - client’s met; new contacts made; orders secured from attendance;
• Oversee Brand identity throughout all marketing campaigns and outsourced events;
• Organise attendance and travel arrangements for Company delegates attending trade conferences & shows.
• Bachelors Degree preferably in Marketing or Creative Writing or similar discipline.
• Associated marketing course/qualification – ideally CIM.
• A Level standard in English Literature & Language, Creative Writing, ITC/web design or similar. Excellent IT Skills - Microsoft Office – Excel, Word & Powerpoint - including ability to manipulate data in Excel.
Ideally some Web Design experience or experience of posting and creating content on company web pages in a professional environment.
Minimum of 2 years post graduate experience.
• 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays (pro rated for the length of the contract)
After 3 months probationary period:
• Pension Scheme – up to maximum of 5% matching contributions
• Death in Service scheme
• Permanent Health Insurance currently with Vitality (so the additional benefits that come with this too)
If you feel that you meet the above criteria of the role then click on “APPLY” today, forwarding an up to date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance