CK Group is recruiting for an Analytical Scientist to join a company in the pharmaceutical industry at their site based in Stevenage, Hertfordshire on a contract basis for 9 months. Pay rate is up to £17.53 per hour.
Our client is a world leading research-based pharmaceutical company that combines both individual talent and technical resources to create a platform for the delivery of strong growth in a rapidly changing healthcare market. Their mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
This role is located in Stevenage which has excellent commuting links to London (30 minutes) and the North. A mixture of new and old, the town has an abundance of history and social activities, restaurants, bars, cinema complex and leisure park.
We are currently recruiting an Analytical Scientist, to be based in Stevenage, Hertfordshire, UK. This role will see you developing and performing analysis and running analytical methods using principally solid-state NMR spectroscopy and solution NMR spectroscopy, for GMP and non-GMP testing of drug substance and drug product. The role will involve:
- Performing analytical testing, particularly using NMR spectroscopy (primarily solid-state NMR) of drug substance and drug product using established and investigational analytical methods.
- The preparation and management of samples (powder, tablets, etc) and instruments for NMR analysis.
- Performing and managing calibration/maintenance tests of solid-state NMR instruments.
- Owning and managing analytical testing through the lifecycle from product development to marketing.
- Supporting the development of analytical methods for testing drug substance and drug product during product development .
- Interactions with third parties (contractors, suppliers, testing laboratories, academic and industry groups), e.g. communication, data/information flow, shipment of materials etc.
- BSc in chemistry, biochemistry, pharmaceuticals, or related scientific discipline.
- Experience in analytical method development/validation for pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical products.
- Strong organisational skills and ability to work across multiple projects in parallel.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated excellence in technical writing skills.
- Demonstrable ability to work in multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural teams.
- Demonstrable ability to work independently and influence others.
- Demonstrated ability to work to high standards of quality and safety.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 46819 in all correspondence