Senior Credit Risk Data Analyst
Intial 26 weeks
City of London
Prudential plc is an international financial services group serving around 26 million customers and has £669 billion of assets under management. We are listed on stock exchanges in London, Hong Kong, Singapore and New York.
We provide protection and savings opportunities to our customers, social and economic benefits to the communities in which we operate, jobs and opportunities to our employees, and financial benefits for our investors. By offering security, pooling savings and making investments, we help to drive the cycle of growth.
Background and Purpose:
The Group Credit Risk Team is based at the Group Head Office in London. The Group Credit Risk team is responsible for overseeing the Group's global asset exposures and the management of credit risk at a Group level.
- The management of the credit limit framework providing credit and concentration risk analysis and recommendations to the Group Chief Risk Officer;
- Financial risk monitoring and analysis of the impact to Group's global asset exposures;articulation of framework developments, credit risk analysis and views through Committee papers;
- Reporting the Group's asset exposures through regular MI;
- Continual interaction with the Business Units across the Group.
The role requires a candidate with an analytical and creative mind set whilst having a high attention to detail to ensure that all work is delivered with great accuracy and to a very high standard. The ideal candidate should be interested in working on continually new projects and have an inquisitive mind-set to adapt to the ever changing environment, which can drive developments at a Group level. The candidate must have strong verbal and written communication skills and be a strong team player.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Assisting in the production and delivery of all credit risk management information reporting for senior committees and data analysis including the supervision of risk limit monitoring;
- Maintaining and enhancing the robustness of data collection, aggregation and reporting;
- Providing accurate information in a timely manner to senior members within the Prudential group as well as to other internal stakeholders;
- Continually striving to achieve fully value adding reports combining financial market events with the business and its credit exposures;
- Assisting and potentially leading in existing projects aimed at streamlining current processes with a continual mindset of considering how processes could be run more efficiently;
- Collaborating with all relevant business areas both domestically and internally across the Group (UK, Asia, and the US) and building excellent relationships with internal departments;
- The ideal candidate would have the following proficiencies and values:
- Extremely competent with Microsoft Excel - any expertise using coding language would be preferable as well as any experience with a range of data analytical tools such as Aladdin.
- Background in either credit risk, financial market data analytics or risk reporting.
- Strong analytical skills - ability to identify issues, quick reasoning, and solution driven.
- Knowledge of credit products and financial markets to enable risk identification within the credit portfolio.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills in order to effectively articulate analysis, problems or issues with senior management and other business areas.
- Must be a strong team player. Support the team on all ad-hoc requests with an ability to work to tight timelines and under pressure at times. Effectively handle multiple tasks/projects simultaneously through prioritisation of requests with strong organisational skills.
- Pro-active with the ability to propose new ideas/changes.