Eden Brown Synergy is currently recruiting for an experienced Educational Psychologist based in the East Midlands area.
The expectations of the role are to provide an efficient, responsible and professional service in respect of:
* Educational psychology (EP) input for young people aged 0-19 years in designated schools
* Participation as an educational psychologist in the statutory functions of the Local Authority
* Consultancy and advice to parents and staff involved with working to enhance the positive outcomes for children and young people 0-25yrs
* Provision, in close consultation with EP colleagues, of training for parents and families, teachers and other professionals.
* Research and evaluation undertaken on behalf of Children's Services leading to better outcomes for children and young people.
Successful candidates will be expected to undertake the following:
* To investigate and assess, where appropriate, the needs of identified young people, including pre-school children, brought to the attention of the EP by schools, other educational services, parents and other agencies and to offer advice to pre-schools, schools, parents and others, as relevant.
* To formulate intervention strategies based on psychological principles and practice to liaise with teachers, support services and other partners over the implementation of these strategies.
* To design and monitor programmes of work, in liaison with teachers, parents and others, for individual children with learning and/or social, emotional and mental health needs.
* To undertake the processes of consultation, assessment, intervention, planning, report writing and review in relation to the SEN Code of Practice 2015 and the Children and Families Act 2014.
* To work with parents and staff working in pre-school settings to promote the inclusion of all children.
* To undertake detailed and timely work with parents and staff from Children's Services and partner agencies to promote effective practice regard to the management of behaviour, contributing to the lessening of fixed and permanent exclusions.
* To work closely with all agencies to improve outcomes for children in local authority care.
* To maintain close links with other agencies and to contribute to an integrated network of services for children and young people.
* To initiate and develop psychologically based educational interventions which affect groups of children, e.g. parental involvement in education, such as paired reading, group approaches to preventing anxiety, managing anger etc.
* To contribute, in liaison with others, to the organisation and implementation of in-service training for those involved in the care and education of children including parents, teachers and other professionals.
* To be aware of, and involved in, appropriate research, maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of current literature in applied psychology and, in addition, contributing to the evidence base via various modes of dissemination.
* To undertake, in close consultation and liaison with the appropriate senior educational psychologist, a planned programme of personal and professional development, in relation to local needs and requirements, and also national trends and developments.
* To undertake such other duties as may be determined from time to time within the general scope of the post duties outside the general scope of the post will only be required with the agreement of the post holder.
Given the nature of this position it is expected that applicants have previous experience as an Educational Psychologist in a Local Authority setting.
Successful candidates will hold an honours degree in Psychology as well as an approved post-graduate qualification in Educational Psychology. It is also beneficial if candidates are eligible for HCPC registration. In return the authority is offering a competitive day rate of £500 to successful candidates.
If you are interested in this position or would like further details please contact Alex Trimbee on (phone number removed) or email (url removed).
Eden Brown Synergy is an equal opportunities employer. For more opportunities, please visit (url removed)