telent - SMS IT Support Engineer - Quinton Business Park
Reference number: V8986
Every time you pick up the phone, surf the Internet, travel on a motorway, catch a train, bus or tube, or even dial 999; chances are telent have enabled the technology to make this happen.
With current annual revenues in excess of £400M and 2,400 employees. We operate within various industry sectors including Rail, Traffic, Public Safety, Defence, Service Providers, Enterprise and Public Sector.
We design, deliver and support solutions and services which enable organisations to create, improve and maintain their ICT and communication and networks.
Highways England have awarded telent the contract for the operation and management of NRTS2 (National Roads Telecommunication Services), NRTS is the network of communication and control that Highways England uses to monitor and manage England's motorways and major trunk roads, it is a critical component of national infrastructure supporting the country's 4,400 mile strategic road network.
The contract includes a major technology transformation programme in addition to general maintenance and management of the network; The transformation programme comprises of 11 technology projects, including the introduction of new wireless and IP CCTV services, new management systems and the next-generation upgrade of all technology, this will ultimately enable Highways England to prepare for the future and enable safer roads, more efficient delivery and a better road user experience.
* Resolve technical queries - manage and track the resolution of issues
* Configure and support of Windows and Linux operating systems and support software (e.g. ESXi, Vmware, Veeam, Windows, Linux, SCCM, McAfee)
* Management and support the SMS infrastructure equipment, primarily HP hardware (Synergy Blade & DL360/380 servers, 3Par storage)
* Implementation/facilitation of the IT equipment and services as designed the SMS architects
* Apply server and operating system patches and upgrades in line with security policies and procedures, under change management
* Develop & implement PC builds and desktop technology, to support SMS requirements
* Maintain Infrastructure & IT network documentation and update the records in the CMS and KMS
* Maintenance of databases which support the requirements of the designs by the Application Specialist. - primarily Windows SQL and Oracle
* Manage capacity of the infrastructure
* Management and support of end user device environment including PCs & iPads
* Primary interface to users for end user device related issues
* Operate and provide day to day support the SMS infrastructure environment
* Resolve technical issues with applications running on PCs
* Responsible for the management and support of the Windows and Linux infrastructure designs specified by the SMS architects
* Scope out new requirements and develop the technical documentation
* Support windows engineers with PC related queries
* Test infrastructure changes, network changes, PC application upgrades
We'd be delighted to hear from you if you have the following skills/experience:
* Windows &/or Linux Operating Systems
* Virtual server environments, the management and configuration of VM platforms
* HP Hardware (Synergy Blade & DL360/380 servers, 3Par storage)
* IT Systems and Server Infrastructures
* Understanding of database applications and structures
* Cloud/Data Centre located solutions
* Provide 1st, 2nd and 3rd Line levels of support
* Knowledge of relevant Health & Safety procedures and practices
* Remote access solutions
* Anti-Virus software
* Network Management Application & Remote Management Techniques
* System Reporting Application
* System backup & restore Application
* Bespoke 3rd Party applications
* Understanding of LAN & WAN Communications architectures
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion