We have a requirement for a Senior Communications Systems Engineer to undertake the design, development and integration of a dual satellite-terrestrial communication terminal prototype, requiring a strong knowledge of modern digital architectures for satellite and cellular networks, spanning IP, baseband and RF technology.
The role involves:
* Working closely with senior experts to define, design and demonstrate end-end system architecture for wireless communications systems.
* Lead prototype technology development, lab integration, and lab testing activities
* Management of the system engineering processes, flow-down and re-formulation of user and system-level technical requirements to sub-system and component level, system modelling and simulation, generation of test plan and system level procedures.
* Produce technical documentation in support of work carried out
* Plan/structure own work and report to Senior Lead Architect Engineer
Knowledge, Skills and Personal Qualities required:
* Master Degree in Electronics/Telecommunications Engineering or Physics
* Strong knowledge in communications architectures, waveforms and protocols (3GPP, DVB-S2/RCS), including IP networking, terrestrial communications (LTE) and/or satellite communications.
* Strong knowledge in communications systems hardware, software and systems development.
* Good knowledge in RF Engineering for Mobile Terrestrial and Satellite Communications
* Good knowledge in Network Engineering (IP, TCP/UDP, Routing, Switching, etc..)
* Experience with embedded systems, signal processing, and software engineering techniques.
* Ability to build accurate mathematical models to characterise and simulate system performance for innovative concepts
* Ability to perform technical analysis and produce technical reports
* Capable of innovative thinking.
* Motivated, driven, fast learner
* Be able to Report/presentation writing skills
* Ability to work with a diverse range of teams and to undertake tasks unsupervised by managing own workload
Bond Williams Professional Recruitment are an equal opportunity employer and operate as an Employment Business and Recruitment Agency