Change Director - 6 Months - London - £1000/Day Inside IR35
We are seeking a Change Director for our Central Government client based in London. This is an initial 6-month contract, paying up to £1000/Day Inside IR35.
Please note, the successful candidate must be eligible to undergo SC clearance at offer stage if not already held.
This role is inside IR35 - Due to the service of the role this will now be based on an Umbrella solution on a PAYE basis.
Unsurprisingly, the role is a seriously challenging and extremely rewarding prospect. With a whole life cost of over £100m; steady-state benefits of over £100m p.a.; complex agile technology already in delivery; complex service design work; and a mixed civil service and contractor team of hundreds, the programme is a major endeavour in its own right. But the reach of this role goes much further, driving and negotiating change across constitutionally separate parts of the justice system; navigating an extremely complex set of interdependencies; dealing with serious up- and downstream repercussions from your changes; and handling very sensitive senior relationships.
Lead, inspire and shape a multi-disciplinary team of c. 350 civil servants and suppliers across digital delivery, service development, programme management, and implementation to launch and sustain online court services in the civil, family, and tribunals jurisdictions and overall ways of working and service transformation
* Drive collaboration across the change portfolio as part of the core team of change directors, and supporting the portfolio leadership team as a whole. Work with the wider senior management of the organisation to support delivery of enabling services and of court reform in its entirety. Support cohesive working across the portfolio to deliver good outcomes.
* Deliver the programme to time, cost and quality parameters, realising the benefits and driving good outcomes for the public, working in tight partnership with the SRO.
* Maintain and execute a robust design for new services which puts the public at the centre of what we do, and ensure service development is operationally effective and deployed safely.
* Deliver outstanding value from the programme investment and ensure delivery of lifetime benefits.
* Develop and shape strong partnerships with the judiciary to deliver sustainable change; nurture relationships at the highest level across the department and the wider justice system.
* Developing innovative solutions to complex issues providing expertise, support and advice to both delivery teams and the top tier of the organisation.
* Drive cultural and behavioural change outside your direct sphere of influence and provide coaching, mentoring and development support to the wider team
* Developing and maintaining close working relationships with relevant stakeholders
* You will be involved in developing the senior team
To fill this demanding role, you will need to demonstrate the following essential criteria:
* Excellent leadership skills with the ability to build high performing teams
* Experience of leading scaled agile delivery and managing the associated commercial supply chain
* A successful track record of leading the successful delivery of complex change in the public or private sector, preferably with similar scale or reach.
* Demonstrable experience of programme and project management skills, software development, business change and transformation
* The ability to think strategically and analyse complex issues and develop innovative, creative solutions and approaches.
* Excellent influencing and relationship-building skills at all levels, as well as a highly-collaborative, team-player approach.
* Supplier management and commercial skills which drive excellent results and value for the taxpayer
* Clear understanding of and familiarity with reporting requirements for major programmes and the interface with a change portfolio function.
* Strong financial management and budgeting skills.
* Graduation from the Major Projects Leadership Academy would be an advantage.Do Not Call - Click the "Apply Now" button now for immediate review
Change Director, Programme Director, Program Director, Projects Director, Portfolio Director, Programme Management, Project Management, Agile, Scaled Agile, Scaling Agile, SAFe, Head of Projects, Head of Portfolio, Head of Programmes, Change, Business change, SC Cleared, Security cleared, Security clearance, Transformation, change portfolio, Delivery, Implementation, Stakeholder Management, Government, Commercial, Supplier Management
Circle Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Earn yourself a referral bonus if you refer somebody else who fills the role! We also offer an iPad if you refer a new client to us and we recruit for them. Follow us on Facebook - Circle Recruitment , Twitter - @Circle_Rec and LinkedIn - Circle Recruitment