Chemist - Radiochemistry
We are looking for a Chemist to manage the Analytical Service functions of the Site, ensuring that appropriate standards are set to develop and deliver analytical analysis that meet site licence, discharge authorisations (EA(S)R18) and statutory requirements, in support of site operations and projects. Ideally you will nuclear sector experience.
- Providing a radiochemistry service to the site
- Providing chemical testing and analytical services and providing specialist advice on chemical matters.
- Advising the site on the interpretation and application of statutory and mandatory chemistry requirements.
- Monitoring and controlling the receipt, storage, utilisation and disposal of chemicals and maintaining adequate records.
- Ensuring all analytical equipment is calibrated and maintained to the appropriate standard.
- Providing the site with an approved urinalysis service.
- Providing effective leadership of team by own behaviours including;
1. setting clear goals for individuals
2. holding individuals accountable for delivery goals
3. establishing and maintaining standards
4. giving, receiving and acting on feedback
- Continuously improving programme of own team by identifying deficiencies against internal and external standards and progressing an action plan to remediate
- Compliance with Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality policies, procedures, work instructions and risk assessments.Support the continuous improvement of Health, Safety Environment and Quality on Site.
- As a customer-focused individual, the post holder will be expected to support delivery within his or her range of skills, knowledge, experience and competence.
- Support colleague`s learning and development through knowledge sharing, task instruction etc.
- Design, delivery and evaluation of training, acting as coach and mentor
- Support the effective deployment of company-wide policies, processes, systems and procedures ensuring that at all time the business remains compliant. This includes, but is not limited to, the need to comply with the company`s Equality and Diversity Policy and undertake identified associated learning and development activities.
- Educated to degree level within a scientific related subject
- Relevant experience in a similar position Nuclear experience is desirable
As well as the specific experience required above you will have the necessary qualifications, skills & experience of a Chemist to take control of this requirement from its inception to its completion.
If you meet the experience above please call/mail me asap for more info. Thank you