Job Title: Investigation Officer - 28004 - HO UKV
-CV Submission Deadline: 16:00 24/04/2018
-The Maximum Pay Rate: £230 Umbrella £183.14
-Location: Solihull, Cardiff, London, Salford, Basingstoke, Heathrow, Dover & Nottingham.
-Contract Length: 9 months
-Clearance Level Required: SC
We are looking for Investigation Officers with SC, PIP1 (ideally PIP2), experience of PACE & of complex criminal investigations. Detail below.
- To plan, co-ordinate and conduct investigations into suspected cartel activity in collaboration with Assistant Director Investigators, Principal Investigation Officers and Senior Investigation Officers. To assist, where appropriate, with applications to the High Court for search warrants.
- To assist with on-site investigations using formal powers.
- To comply with statutory duties and procedural requirements in all investigatory activity.
- To analyse, assess and present to the team leaders, the evidence gathered in the course of an investigation identifying whether it is sufficient to proceed and to assist the team leader, as appropriate, in drafting appropriate documentation.
- Other tasks may be required to be undertaken from time to time commensurate with a investigator post.
Immigration Enforcement is the lead agency for organised immigration crime. Our Criminal and Financial Investigations (CFI) team is committed to disrupting and dismantling the organised crime groups facilitating immigration abuse, utilising its financial investigations capability to remove the proceeds of crime and strip criminals of their assets. The teams are comprised of both police officers and specially trained immigration officers who work with corporate partners including ACPO, NCA and others, in pursuit of shared objectives.
The candidate will be responsible for supporting the successful prosecution and disruption of organised immigration crime & include:
- Arresting suspected immigration offenders, obtaining and executing search warrants, conducting PACE interviews, collecting, preserving and recording evidence.
- Obtaining and executing search warrants
- Searching persons or property (either for health & safety or evidence)
- Conducting checks on databases and updating as required
- Driving official vehicles and transporting of suspects, including custodial responsibilities:
- Referring cases to senior grades as appropriate
- Critical Incident Command (Bronze commander)
- Supporting and undertaking POCA cash seizure activity.
- There will be a requirement to attend court to give evidence
- The post holder must be an experienced investigator with a proven background in leading complex investigations. A professional qualification of at least PIP1 level is essential (ideally PIP2).
- Due to the nature of the work and the geographical area, some travel by official vehicle will be inevitable and applicants should have a full manual driving licence
- Candidates must have previous knowledge and working experience of PACE or have experience of working in an Immigration Enforcement operational team.
- Disclosure Training
If you are an Investigation Officer & meet the experience required above please call/mail us asap. Thank you.
James/Ali (Email Removed) Number 8 Resourcing Ltd
- Please note the CV submission deadline.
- Please don`t apply if you don`t have the experience or clearance