Concierge Team Member
Main purpose of Role
To support the delivery of safe, secure and productive working environments for the clients’ staff, customers and visitors, and the provision of property solutions which meet business requirements. At each location the Concierges are line managed by one of the Customer Services Managers within the wider Global Estates team.
These roles are being re-defined in conjunction with the introduction of “smart working” in all UK offices. This is challenging for all staff as they adapt to a new approach to how and where they do their work; the Concierges will be the first point of contact for staff and as such will play a vital role in ensuring the success of smart working.
The post holder has responsibility for:-
* Coordination and operational delivery of specific customer (soft) and workplace support services as set out in this job profile within the Global Estates (GE) department;
* Supporting the delivery of improvements to the efficiency, effectiveness and sustainability of the UK offices within the Company’s global estate.
This will be achieved through the following:
Implementation of Estates Strategy and property and facilities management (P&FM) function
* Contribute to the implementation and collective delivery of the BC Estates Strategy as relevant to team and individual job role and to level of responsibility.
* Contribute to the implementation and collective delivery of relevant GE policies, performance indicators and service standards to produce demonstrable improvements in GE’s service and performance.
Operational service delivery
* Deliver customer and workplace support services in accordance with GE’s agreed Service Level Agreements (SLAs) so as to meet customer needs and Company operational business requirements at the relevant Company office location.
* Seek to actively improve value for money and levels of customer satisfaction with customer and workplace support services as measured by agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
Business relationship management
* Respond to individual staff, customer and visitor queries (in person, via email or telephone) in a courteous and professional manner.
* Provide accurate, up-to-date and timely information on any changes or developments to workplace support services to GE customers and stakeholders.
Data, record keeping and financial reporting
* Maintain documentation relevant to GE’s customer and workplace support services so that this is up-to-date, appropriate and readily available to customers and stakeholders.
* Contribute to the maintenance of data and records relevant to the GE customer and workplace support services, via the Company’s corporate intranet, SharePoint sites and other information management initiatives as required.
Facilitating smart working
* Be the first port of call for all user enquiries about the day to day use of the smart working environments within the relevant UK office.
* Ensure that everyone is aware of and adheres to the Company’s Office Etiquette, which is included as part of the Smart Working Handbook for the UK offices.
* Ensure that the clear desk policy is maintained, including collecting up any personal items left on workstations at the end of the day and liaising with GE colleagues about the disposal of any items which remain unclaimed.
* Carry out regular checks on the use of personal storage lockers, and remove all discarded personal materials from lockers before they are cleaned and re-allocated to new users.
* Act as the first point of contact for all user queries relating to the use and operation of general office equipment on the allocated floor/area, referring users on to specialist helpdesks or other sources of support and escalating queries as required.
* Assist users with the physical set up and connection of their laptops at the workstation, dealing with any minor equipment queries on cables, USB hub connections, telephone handset and headset use at the workstation.
* Manage stocks of stationery in the central stationery cupboard on the allocated floor/area and order replacements to maintain agreed stock levels on a weekly or monthly basis according to user needs.
* Keep records of stationery use and expenditure on stationery items for central GE records.
* Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team carrying out a mix of different functions or delivering different services.
* Generic Skill: Marketing and Customer Service Level 1 - In particular:
* Responding to customer needs
* Building strong relationships which add value to the United Kingdom
* Obtaining and evaluating feedback
* Be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (including Word, Excel & Outlook)
* Ability to communicate practical skills and knowledge
* Will have worked successfully in a customer-facing service delivery role.
* Will have worked successfully in a role that required prioritisation of immediate and competing demands, whilst maintaining excellent levels of customer service.
* Willingness to successfully complete training in Health and Safety e.g. IOSH – Managing Safely.
* Post holder will be required to work as part of the current shift pattern for GE concierge services, which is 08:00 – 18:00, Monday – Friday inclusive.
* Occasional unsocial hours for room set ups if the Company is hosting an event at the relevant office.
* Occasional travel between the Company’s UK offices as required.
* Occasional evening/weekend work.
* Moving of meeting room furniture – manual handling will be required.
* Uniform – If it is agreed to go ahead with providing a uniform for all Concierges across the 5 UK offices then the post holder will be required to wear this without additions.
At First Recruitment we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That's why our consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
This is a superb opportunity for anyone looking to work for a reputable organisation