Quality Inspector - Mechanical Bias
Crossrail requires a Quality Inspector - Mechanical Bias to start as soon as possible to work within the Quality team for a period of 6 months.
Duration: 6 Months
Project: CrossRail Woolwich
Notice: 1 week
Hours per week: 42
Experience required Mechanical Bias
Within our Self-certification process and in line with our works information 20.9 Self-certification, we are required to Reasonably demonstrate that works are being completed in accordance with the works information and we shall produce records that provide clear evidence of conformance, This includes the surveillances and other effective controls to ensure that the checking, reviewing, inspection and testing of the works are completed satisfactorily.
We must demonstrate that our supporting documents and as-built are detailed and have been satisfactorily completed and that the project manager has accepted our plans to correct the notified defects Part 13 Assurance, records and certification to be provided in line with Volume 2B of the works information by us and detail the records that we provide to the project manager as the works progress
To randomly sample and ensure the works are carried out in compliance with required quality standards, and that the project quality objectives and targets are met.
To ensure, in conjunction with the Project Safety and Environment Manager(s), that the works are carried out safely, with minimum impact on neighbouring residents, industry and local infrastructure, in compliance with Health, Safety and Environmental legislation, Client safety standards, and company policy and procedures and to ensure all project HSE objectives and targets are met.
* Liaise with the Quality Manager and Delivery Manager(s) and to supervise, inspect, advise and escalate critical Quality related observations promptly to the appropriate Delivery Manager
* Undertake surveillance inspections and provide a written report for Crossrail acceptance as per the Surveillance Schedule and Crossrail surveillance procedure
* Monitor works as they progress and undertake inspections prior to Client witness points (as per ITP requirements)
* Ensure all works undertaken are to the required specifications, method statements and inspection and test plans (ITPs) and any nonconformities promptly reported to the Delivery Manager/Quality Manager and on the appropriate project/CRL reporting systems
* Ensure all the appropriate documentation for the works is in place and has been accepted as Code 1 or 2 status prior to the commencement of works
* The IQI has the authority to stop the works where there are sufficient concerns relating to the quality of workmanship or relating to process failure
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment