We are currently recruiting for a Development Manager in Peterborough to work on behalf of the Council, this will be on a contracting basis initially for 3-6 months with the review to extend.
The Development Manager will be accountable for the delivery of the Council statutory role of planning authority and will have overall responsibility for leading the service in developing, negotiating, performance and be responsible for managing the internal and external stakeholders, ensuring that services are delivered and procured within Budget.
Overview of Accountabilities/Responsibilities
• To maximise inward investment and funding towards new infrastructure in Peterborough through the proactive leadership of the service and negotiation with investors, to maximise the delivery of new homes and employment opportunities for Peterborough citizens.
• To ensure that new development and the growth of Peterborough result in high quality physical and natural places that improve social, environmental and economic outcomes.
• Play a key role in the development of the Directorate business plan, providing expert input, recommending the most effective models of service delivery, including where necessary service re-design.
• Be responsible for leading and managing teams that deliver planning applications and appeals and planning enforcements.
• Act as the Council’s lead on development management functions, delivering innovative and high quality services relating to planning applications (Including minerals and waste), planning enforcement and section 106 community infrastructure funds management and expenditure.
• Ensure that all obligations are met relating to planning
• Support on the Growth and Regeneration Housing project across the City
• Qualified to degree level, or equivalent by experience.
• A relevant management or professional qualification and eligibility for membership of a relevant professional body are essential. This would include but is not limited to a RTPI or RICS.
• Detailed knowledge and understanding of law, procedures and guidance in relation to the Council’s full range of statutory functions as Local Planning Authority.
• Extensive experience successfully working in a senior management role ideally in a complex stakeholder environment.
• Experience of managing large, multi-faceted proposals and projects within a complex, political, multi discipline, multi-cultural environment.
• Proven track record of strategic decision making and resource allocation and of problem solving and meeting three of the five corporate priorities (drive growth and regeneration , implement the environment capital agenda, provide for the health and wellbeing of the city) in a service comprising of development management (including minerals and waste), planning enforcement and Section 106 / Community Infrastructure fund management.
• Demonstrated evidence of significant service improvement through managing change including staff engagement, capacity building, workforce modernisation and organisational reform.
Hourly/Day rate is negotiable, this will be on a full time basis - Please contact Mel Applin on (phone number removed) for more details.
If you would like to be considered please respond with your most recent CV, highlighting your relevant experience