Job Title: Infrastructure Engineer
Reports to: Infrastructure Manager
This role is primarily based in the company’s London Offices and provides shared IT services to both UK and recently acquired overseas operations as part of an emerging global operating model. The UK IT organisation forms the major part of their Global IT capability, supporting all aspects of the UK operation as well as delivering shared Global technology functions and capabilities.
We are looking for a skilled Office 365 administrator to transform the traditional on premise deployment of Exchange and Skype to Microsoft Office365 Cloud and provide subject matter expertise in support of Exchange and Office 365 core services.
Main Function of Job
To work as part of the infrastructure team and lead both project and BAU activities within the infrastructure space.
To ensure high availability of design and maximum performance of the infrastructure in use, and to provide 3rd line support and be a member of the infrastructure on-call rota.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Establishing the Windows environment by designing system configuration, performing system installation, defining, documenting and enforcing system standards
- Performing migration of MS Exchange and Skype for Business to online
- RDS and Remote Application Service (RAS) administration
- Active Directory, Exchange Server and Office 365 administration
- Azure server management, support etc.
- Designing and implementing new solutions and improving resilience of the current environment
- Undertaking infrastructure fault investigations of the Windows environment, using information from multiple sources
- Securing systems by establishing and enforcing group policies, and defining and monitoring access
- Upgrading servers and software to the latest stable patch releases
Essential Attributes and experience:
- At least three years’ experience in an IT Systems Administration role or similar, ideally within an environment handling 200+ servers
- Completed several IT projects, where you were responsible for designing and implementing the solution
- Hands on experience in implementing and supporting Office365 and hybrid infrastructure
- Experience with Exchange (Apply online only) and hybrid implementations
- Hands on experience in architecture, deployment and upgrade of MS Active Directory
- Strong scripting (PowerShell) and automation skills
- Proven experience with configuration and maintenance of standard IT system administration tools such as deployment, backup, anti-virus, remote access and authentication solutions
- Expert level knowledge in Virtualisation and Cloud solutions (e.g. VMWare, Azure, AWS)
- Knowledge of core Infrastructure services and functions (DNS, DHCP, LDAP, etc.)
- Working and practical experience of ITIL
- Strong problem solving ability ranging from conceptualisation to implementation
- Self-motivated, good communication skills, with a positive attitude and team spirit
- Knowledge in Networking and Security infrastructure solutions e.g. Checkpoint is desirable
- Storage solutions – Experience with performance tuning and troubleshooting (HP 3Par) is desirable
- Knowledge of load balancing solution (e.g. F5, Riverbed) is desirable