Digital Editor - Earn £340 per day plus benefits (PAYE) or £436 per day (LTD)
As an Editor within the Global Digital Communications team, this role will lead on establishing the editorial process and delivery of a fortnightly global email sent to all 100,000+ employees around the world. This global email is a new flagship channel designed to provide quality, relevant content and help embed our new priorities of Innovation, Performance and Trust. Content will be targeted by audience, with over 100,000 different combinations to make the email truly personal.
Significant progress has been made to build expertise in digital communications across Communications and Government Affairs (CGA) and better co-ordinate and leverage internal and external digital activity. This is helping deliver our strategy through better listening and analysis, and more impactful engagement with external and internal audiences to tell the company story by delivering compelling content through modern digital channels.
This new role role will build on the work already done and is crucial to achieving the ambitions our client has for delivering excellence in corporate digital communications.
Working in partnership with members of the digital team and communications colleagues, this role will help deliver a strategically aligned, consistent, compelling and high quality email every fortnight.
* Partner with the Channel and Services email lead and corporate, business unit and Local Operating Company communicators to deliver a strategically aligned, compelling and high quality email on time every fortnight
* Establish and embed an efficient and effective editorial process for the global email
* Ensure email content is consistent in look, feel and tone through establishing and embedding editorial guidelines for the channel
* Partner with Business Unit and LOC to agree prioritisation of content and avoid content duplication
* Commission, co-create and edit written, visual and moving image content where needed
* Proofread and sub-edit content where needed for style, accuracy and quality
* Manage the production and delivery cycle of the fortnightly email
* Work with the Insights & User Experience team to set and track targets and benchmarks for the email; ensure the email is user-driven, takes account of best practice and continually improves engagement levels
* Work with the Channels and Services team to ensure the architecture of the newsletter supports and enhances the content and to ensure the right content is delivered to the right audience, at the right time
* Support the creation and ongoing management of and effective audience and content targeting process
* Liaise where necessary with Poppulo, the email platform provider
* Establish and maintain a network of peers and understanding of external best practice
Qualifications / Experience / Skills:
* Significant experience in commissioning, editing and producing content for internal and external audiences through digital, preferably through email/newsletter format
* Knowledge of internal and external digital channels and how they can be leveraged to deliver content strategy
* Significant experience in creation of content strategy and executional calendars for global and regional corporate activity
* First class writing, editing and visual storytelling skills for digital
* Scrupulous attention to detail and excellent proofreading skills
* Experience managing and editing global/regional digital channels
* Role holder will need to be a strong leader with extensive experience in communications / marketing / digital content creation roles.
* Understanding of the power of imagery and video for digital storytelling and working knowledge of the process for creating this kind of content
* Knowledge and experience of applying digital insights to set targets for and constantly improve content and campaigns
* Budget management.
* Understanding and experience of using the Poppulo (formally Newsweaver) email management software is desired but not essential as full training will be provided.
For a confidential discussion on the above role or other similar roles please send your cv / or call (Apply online only)
Key words: Consumer Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, Digital Editor, Digital Channels, Content Strategy, Contractor, Storytelling, Proofreading, Poppulo, Newsweaver, Budget Management, Communications, Marketing, Middlesex
Gi Group Pharmaceuticals provides a tailored Account Managed Service and dedicated Pharmaceutical recruitment team and partners with many different Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology clients throughout the globe and the United Kingdom