The Senior Quantity Surveyor’s main function will be to increase value, reduce cost, drive profit and manage risk in a safe and ethical manner of the contract they are working on.
* Ensure cash flow is maximised including ensuring payments are received on time
* Provide commercial input including financial and contractual performance forecasts to the management team. Help ensure that business targets and KPI’s are exceeded
* Preparation of monthly cost / value reports for area, together with review of results and consideration of trends with other contract team members
* Production of commercial reports together with review of results and consideration of trends with other contract team members
* Physical measurement of works and agreement of same with client and subcontractors
* Agreement of certification and payment of subcontractor accounts - monitoring of such accounts against forecasts
* Implementation and compliance with the contract change control procedure and monitoring thereof including notices to client as appropriate
* Commercial and contractual advice to area team as and when required
* Managing sub-contractors including sending out enquiries, collating prices, comparing with tender, negotiation, order placement, agreement of account and payment
* Carry out any other duties not identified above and as required by their manager
* To assess, review and mitigate commercial and contractual risks and implement our clients policies for risk management.
Key Skills and Qualifications
* Experience within the utilities sector or in repair and maintenance contracts
* Educated to Degree level, or equivalent experience
* Full UK Drivers Licence
* Confident IT skills, proficient in the use of MS Office in particular Excel
* Excellent Communication skills both written and verbally
* Must be an excellent organiser with proven time management skills
* Must be flexible in hours of work and travel
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application