A UX Researcher with is required to work on a twelve month with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Lancashire.
This is an interesting long term opportunity to work with Military Aircraft.
Overview of the UX Researcher contract role
* Planning, designing and conducting in-house usability testing sessions to support the design and development of government services
* Leading the usability testing process from developing user recruitment briefs through to test moderation, analysis and report writing
* Conducting in-house research to test new product and concept developments (including user requirements gathering and early stage concept and prototype testing, guerrilla research, and other approaches to ensuring the user need is fully understood in the service design)
* Working with managers as required to devise appropriate research strategies to generate focused insights and to convert concepts into high quality stimulus material
* Working closely with designers and developers to turn user data into actionable product/service requirements that feed into prototype development, and influence product direction
* Managing ad-hoc qualitative/quantitative research projects such as proposition development, visual identity and customer experience mapping
* Applying knowledge in human factors and the user- design process to product and service design in an iterative development environment
* Presenting findings and related design/business recommendations and customer insights to senior decision makers
* Managing day-to-day operations with a range of usability and market research agencies with accountability for schedules, value for money and deliverable
* Promoting user centred design principles and best practice across the organisation
Key Skills of the UX Researcher contract role
The successful candidate will be required to perform tasks suitable to the internal level of this role. The role will contain, but will not be limited to, the following;
To provide quality technical output in terms of communication, documentation and general support in accordance with authorised procedures and the delivery of agreed customer milestones within cost and time budget constraints
- Deployment of required HF processes and contribution to the development of improved processes.
- Planning and managing the performance of own work with line manager / technical lead and reporting issues to line management / technical lead in a timely manner.
Key skills required for the UX Researcher
The role is based in Lancashire - commutable from Preston, Blackpool, Chorley, Leyland, Blackburn, Darwen, Burnley, Skipton, Stockport, Manchester, Warrington, Wigan, Bolton, Bury, Rochdale and Oldham with excellent access from Liverpool, Lancaster and Leeds.
If you are a UX Researcher looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other UX Researcher opportunities please contact Paul Scott on (url removed) or phone (Apply online only)
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a "one-stop shop" to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).
Please visit our website (url removed)