A fantastic job opportunity has arisen for a Regeneration Officer to join one of our largest Local Authority clients in a temporary assignment for three months initially (with every possibility of an extension should the successful candidate perform well).
Based in East London, this is a full time role (36 hours per week, Monday to Friday) and the client is keen to recruit a candidate with knowledge of/experience of:
* Lead and manage partnerships to promote the economic, social and environmental regeneration through the effective development, co-ordination, funding and management of projects and programmes in line with European, national, regional and local priorities.
* Lead and co-ordinate strategies and projects for the regeneration and develop recommendations for change which will have significant implications for the Council and local communities.
* Be responsible for successfully developing and progressing area regeneration programmes providing advice directly to Councillors, community leaders and other key stakeholders.
* Successfully manage, direct, and co-ordinate the work of the Area programme and direct its integration with the work of other Area teams of diverse professional and administrative staff maximising the effectiveness of a range of borough-wide and area-specific direct service delivery programmes to ensure the delivery of a range of economic, social and environmental opportunities for regenerating the borough.
* Experience of delivering projects from inception to completion including development, planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and review.
* Experience of financial planning and management, including budgetary control processes.
* Experience of managing and prioritising a varied workload with the minimum of supervision.
* Experience of work in partnership with Councillors and senior management, with senior people from Private and Public Sector organisations, and with local communities to promote, attract, and support regeneration and investment in a local economy.
* Knowledge of the main sources of external funding available in Havering, and of objectives, processes and accountability requirements involved in securing and delivering grant funded programmes.
If this is the role for you, apply now!
Badenoch & Clark is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Badenoch & Clark is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a registered Disability Symbol User