We are seeking a Cyber Security Manager to work closely with suppliers and departments to safeguard the successful delivery of an agreed programme of ICT Security. You will make sure that effective security disciplines are in place to ensure compliance with the relevant standards. As the Cyber Security Manager you will also be responsible for the protection of information assets and confidentiality of information within the organisation. Based in Edinburgh, and working 3 - 4 days per week, this contract in initially for 12 weeks.
· Responsible for the development of the ICT Security at a city-wide level in the development of policy, business and strategic planning activities and through the development of partnership working with other departments, agencies and organisations
· Work within Corporate Operations Service Area and in the wider environment in which they operate, demonstrating and supporting effective planning and decision making at a strategic and operational level
· They will manage the delivery of a number of key projects including responsibility for the direct staff involved on a matrix management basis. This will involve direct management of a number of staff working on diverse areas of work
· Undertake risk management and business continuity, ensuring that risk assessments are undertaken on a regular basis for existing software and equipment and that all new software and equipment is assessed at the development stage
· Extensive practical experience of managing ICT security arrangement and protecting information within a diverse organisation, specifically within the public sector
· Supervision of professional staff, employees, contractors and consultants
· Knowledge of legislation and frameworks (Public Sector Cyber Resiliency Framework, 10 steps etc)
· Knowledge of relevant accreditations (PSN, PCI, Cyber Essentials Plus) and current and developing practice
· Appropriate professional qualification
If you would like to be considered for this Cyber Security Manager in Edinburgh, please click the link to apply. We would love to hear from you!
ASA Recruitment is one of Scotland's largest independent multi-sector recruitment agencies. We specialise in providing effective tailored solutions for permanent, contract and temporary employment requirements for our Clients and Candidates. We are members of the REC and are ISO certified.
YOU SEEK WE FIND