Azure IaaS Consultant
My client, a global powerhouse within the technology industry, is looking for an Azure IaaS Consultant to join their team in Reading on an initial 3 month contract which involves travel to a customer site in Sheffield.
Who are we?
We are part of Enterprise Services Global Domains and are dedicated to delivering on our mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.
Our mission is to drive customer success by making the market, championing and supporting consumption and providing full lifecycle support. As we transform our business to deliver on this mission we have a unique opportunity to enable our customers’ innovation and growth in a mobile first – cloud first world.
Our Consultants are empowered to provide end-to-end consulting, support and customer services that enable the rapid adoption, deployment and productive use of Microsoft products and technologies. Together with our partners, we develop and integrate the best knowledge and know-how in the industry with Microsoft products and technologies to solve customer problems.
We care about making a real difference to the people that work and are being served in the industry, accelerating their transformation to drive better customer services.
What will you do?
As an IaaS Consultant, you will lead a series of 9-week long programs of work to accelerate our clients journey to the cloud. The program of work includes workshops to educate the client, and use their input to create design documentation to migrate applications to a new infrastructure. Following the design review signoff, you will plan, build, test, and deploy the Solution.
As the Sr IaaS Consultant on the program of work, you will lead the workshops, you will manage the day-to-day duties of the second consultant on the program, in addition you will be supported by a project manager, and Architect.
The program of work is split into 5 phases; Envision, Plan, Build, Stabilize, Deploy.
Envision - During the Envision phase, in partnership with the customer, you will reach agreement on a shared vision for the project and the specific scope that will be required to make that vision a reality.
Plan - During the Plan phase, you will develop a detailed plan for the project that includes a list of activities that are to be completed, and the project schedule
Build - During the Build phase, you will build all the aspects of the solution and prepare it for final testing
Stabilize - During the Stabilize phase, you will focus on testing the solution and preparing it for release
Deploy - During the Deploy phase, you will perform the activities that will be required to make the Solution available.
Who are you?
* Comfortable driving workshops to gather requirements and lead the customer to design decisions
* Able to define and implement a technical solution within a fixed timescale, work within a tight scope
* You are comfortable leading workshops with up to 20 customer stakeholders
* You can demonstrate strong technical knowledge of Microsoft Azure, including;
* Subscription Design
* IaaS & Storage
* Antivirus & Malware
* Backup & DR
* You’re confident in your knowledge of the Private Cloud and Hybrid cloud configurations, patterns, and practices; scripting and automation technologies; PowerShell, DSC or JSON.
* You have fundamental networking knowledge – IP, DHCP, DNS, routing etc.
* You’re passionate about customer excellence and are used to being onsite managing relationships
* You’re Ok to travel and work onsite with our clients 5 days a week
* You enjoy collaborating with project team members, e.g. Engagement Managers, Solution Architects, Project Managers, other Subject Matter Experts.
* You’re flexible and can adapt to changing client environments and projects
* Ideally you have a Bachelor's Degree (B.S./B.A.) in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent and MS Certification
* You have a current Driving License
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK