Pertemps Managed Solutions are currently recruiting on behalf of a Public Sector client in Sheffield who are looking to recruit a Developer
Job Role: Developer
• Care for code quality, and robust, easily-maintainable architectural solutions
• Strong affinity for automated testing, pair programming and test-driven development practises.
• UNIX environments, bash
• Good use of version control (Git)
• Comfortable with HTML and CSS
• 5+ years of programming experience with at least 2 using NodeJS.
• Practical experience with Restful APIs.
• Experience of solving problems using microservices.
• Fundamental knowledge of creating progressive web applications with frameworks such as React.js, Vue, Angular, etc. (React is preferred)
• 5+ years of programming experience
• Java 8+
• Spring Boot
• JUnit, Spock
• Plan and lead development on sets of related stories
• Have an understanding of the whole system and take responsibility for teaching this to others
• Work with other disciplines to understand what needs to be built
• Coach and mentor more junior colleagues
• Operate the production services they build
• Find ways to improve system robustness, resilience and stability
• Build user-centred, open source, RESTful web systems to serve a variety of citizen and government needs
• Be responsible for development of large areas of projects, or small projects in their entirety
• Build automated tests to support our continuous deployment environment
• Share knowledge of tools and techniques with the wider team and community, both developers and non-developers
• Transform government into a more agile organisation by helping to embed modern development practices
• Help build and maintain a diverse, inclusive culture across the development community, growing awareness, inclusivity, and balance
• Occasionally participate in 2nd line support during office hours, and sometimes out of hours (for which you'll be paid an allowance and further hourly payment when on call)
• Possibly manage a small number of less experienced developers
• Help with hiring, taking part in recruitment of other developers
If this sounds like something for you then please Apply