Job Title: Digital Service Architect - 24371 - DSTL/LBS
- CV Submission Deadline: Wednesday 23rd August 2017 (Email Removed) 13:00
- Daily Pay Rates: £531 UMBRELLA / £424.94 PAYE
- Hours: Daily 7.4 / Weekly 37
- Location: South West: Dstl Porton Down
- Contract Length: 25/09/2017 to 31/03/2018
- Security Clearance Level Required: 4. SC
We are looking for a Digital Service Architect with SC, experience of the DSTL, LBS & the detail below.
The Defence and Security Accelerator Enterprise Collaboration System (ECS) will be the underpinning mechanism allowing the Defence and Security Accelerator (DASA) to operate. It will provide a networked online environment accessible from the internet and supporting framework for the rapid delivery of collaborative innovation to stakeholders across Government focussing in the Defence and Security domain. This will be provided by an integrated online CRM suite based cloud service that includes the relevant provisions necessary to host the solution in support of the Accelerator`s primary function; delivering innovative solutions at pace to improve Defence and Security capability for operational advantage. The key components are:
- Social Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Case Management System
- Online Collaboration workspace
- Integrated Workflow system
- Information Management System
Provide hands-on technical leadership in the development, operation and ongoing improvement of a complex, transformational digital service. Understand and manage system quality with regards to simplicity, usability, availability, security and fraud avoidance. Build and maintain a culture of continuous delivery and improvement, ensuring that key systems are regularly analysed, maintained and improved.
Advise on, manage and implement agile delivery projects within the department, providing guidance, mentoring and training in agile technical delivery and evolutionary software architecture to government departments and agencies. Understand risk based governance frameworks and how they can interoperate with agile delivery models. Understand technical dependencies between the project and other systems and business units. Ensure that new and updated platforms, products and transactions are thoroughly tested for performance, are able to handle specified load, and can be maintained over the long-term.
Key tasks & deliverables.
This role will suit someone who is motivated by having a hands-on approach to developing and delivering a new CRM based service to support the relatively new DASA team and their Innovation service offerings to MOD and wider government stakeholders. The role requires experience as a solution architect with first-hand experience in the design, deployment, customisation and configuration of CRM, Collaboration and Case Management systems. The role will require the development of an enterprise integration strategy, provision of an advanced architecture solution, and/or platform-specific technical best practices. The role will also need to interface into an existing project structure, providing implementation timeline, authoring the technical design specification, delivering development and configuration of the CRM suite to also include validation, implementation and deployment. The role will report directly to the implementation lead for the ECS. The role requires a minimum of SC clearance, and ideally the applicant should already hold these clearances.
- Perform feasibility analysis of the Accelerator business requirements, from an implementation point of view
- Translate the Accelerator business requirements into a well-architected solutions that best leverage the SaaS service
- Analyse and design the underlying data model, data flows, interfaces, integration points
- Oversee the development and quality assurance efforts and provide the technical guidance whenever required
- Build customised solution
- Manage and deliver the technical aspects of the CRM suite
Essential skills include:
- Excellent knowledge of modern digital technologies and technical architectures, especially open source and open standards;
- exceptionally high level of digital literacy;
- proven ability to lead and develop a highly-skilled specialist technical development team, and introduce a dev/ops culture;
- a deep understanding and experience of using of agile project management techniques and working practices, open source, cloud platforms and digital services;
- experience of dealing with large scale corporate or government projects;
- awareness and understanding of industry standard security issues, processes and an understanding of Data Protection law and regulations.
- Demonstrable experience (past or present) in coding languages, including at least one of Ruby, Python, Java, C++, C# or .Net.
- 6+ Years` experience in a leading CRM system such as Salesforce (SFDC) or Microsoft Dynamics with end to end implementation experience, 10+ Years of Overall Technical experience required
- Vendor trained Developer and Administrator Certifications and/or Certified Technical Architect
- Good knowledge and work experience in CRM configuration, customization, programming with APEX Class / Triggers / APIs, Visual Force, SOQL, SOSL, J/S and implementing new instances of a CRM application suite from scratch - Hands on work experience with CRM suite web services, WSDL and other integration aspects are desirable
- Expertise in data modelling, data migration and both API and user interface development principles
- Knowledge of integration architecture as well as third-party integration tools
- Experience of delivering solutions within Government is desirable
Specific Skills required in the following areas:
- Systems Integration
- System/schema design
- Visual Application Development
- Security and Information Assurance
- Data on-boarding/migration & integration
- GDS Branding and style guide implementation (.gov.uk)
- Experience of deploying a service based on the GDS Digital Service Standard.
If you meet the experience required above please call/mail me asap. Thank you. James/No8
Please note the CV submission deadline.
Please don`t apply if you don`t have the clearance or experience