People Source Consulting are currently seeking a skilled Java / AWS technical specialist, to take on a 12 month contact role with our Leading client in Exeter.
You will be working as part of a multidisciplinary user-focused digital delivery team, within a wider programme of work across the Business Group. You will work closely with the solution architect and other team members to design and develop a service/solution
• Fulfil the role of Technical Lead within a Met Office Agile delivery team.
• Develop software solutions for customers in AWS,to provide a web portal to enable visualisation of regulated aviation data and information.
• Provide and develop technical leadership of a team to develop other products to meet the needs of additional Business Group sectors
• Proven ability of developing robust and serviceable enterprise level code across a good number of software projects, using Agile methodologies
• At least 5 years' experience of coding in Java or Python
• At least 2 years' experience developing applications on the AWS platform, including, Serverless, CloudFormation etc
• Experience of Testing Frameworks
• Experience with Continuous Integration tooling
• Experience with Agile development processes
• Excellent communication skills enabling team focus and interaction with all project stakeholders
• Ability to provide technical team direction and management of team members
• Experience of leading technical teams delivering Enterprise Level Software solutions
• Proven ability to develop appropriate solution level architectures to meet the business need within the constraints of the organisational enterprise architecture
• AWS Certified Associate Solutions Architect
• Demonstrable knowledge of IT security principles
• Knowledge of C3 architecture design method
Due to the sensitive nature of the project BPSS (Basic Clearance) will be required. As such all candidates should either hold current clearance or be willing and eligible to obtain clearance.
• £550 - £650pd (Outside IR35)
• 12 Month Contract
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a hugely reputable government department at a key point in their Digital Transformation.
If you closely match the skills and experience outlined an you would like to be considered for the position. Please respond to this advert ASAP or send an up to date CV to:
We’re expecting a big response, so I’d advise being quick to avoid missing out!
People Source Consulting Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
People Source specialise in technology recruitment across niche markets including Information Technology, Digital TV, Digital Marketing, Project and Programme Management, SAP, Digital and Consumer Electronics, Air Traffic Management, Management Consultancy, Business Intelligence, Manufacturing, Telecoms, Public Sector, Healthcare, Finance and Oil & Gas