Java Developer | 12 Month Contract | £600pd | Swansea
People Source consulting are currently seeking Experienced Java Developers to take up 12 month contracts with a South Wales based client.
As part of a large Digital Transformation, my client are looking for Java Developers to work in assisting with the development of new and transformational services which provide services to partners and citizens. The specialist will work on the implementation of the solution which may include elements of design and testing in an Agile environment. They will provide expert experience in building solutions which will be deployed in Cloud or server-less environments using RESTful webservices that conform to the GDS Service Manual and store data in a variety of stores, both SQL and no-SQL.
Essential skills and experience:
* Proven expert knowledge of the Java programming language to Java 8
* Demonstrable experience of building RESTful webservices
* Evidence of experience working on projects using open source technology within cloud hosted/virtualised environments; AWS preferred
* Evidence of experience of working with Cloud PaaS services; AWS preferred
* Evidence of experience working with version control systems; Git preferred
* Evidence of experience of working within Agile development environments
* Evidence of experience of interacting with both SQL and no-SQL data stores
* Evidence of experience of working at significant scale
Nice-to-have skills and experience:
* Evidence of experience of Drop Wizard
* SC Clearance
* Experience working in a GDS Environment
* Evidence of experience of Node.js and Python for building server-less applications
* Evidence of experience of CQRS/ES implementation patterns
In return my client are offering a day rate of up to £600 on an initial 12month contract.
This is an exceptional opportunity to secure a very well paying contract working for a very well respected central government department.
If you closely match the skills and experience outlined above and you would like to be considered for this role, please respond to this advert with your up to date CV.
Those selected to progress will be contacted within 5 working days.
Keywords: Java, RESTful, AWS, SQL, NOSQL, Cloud, PaaS, Git, Agile, Software Engineer, Web Developer, Government, Government Digital Services, Java8, JDK8, JDK 8, Swansea, Software Developer
People Source Consulting Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
People Source specialise in technology recruitment across niche markets including Information Technology, Digital TV, Digital Marketing, Project and Programme Management, SAP, Digital and Consumer Electronics, Air Traffic Management, Management Consultancy, Business Intelligence, Manufacturing, Telecoms, Public Sector, Healthcare, Finance and Oil & Gas