- £600 per day
- 6 month contract
As one of the most revered leaders in their industry, this technology led organisation is widely regarded as one of Britain’s global success stories. This is a fantastic opportunity to join them as we are looking for an experienced BI Developer.
The Project Management Office sits across the business to ensure successful delivery of projects. We are responsible for evolving a strong governance framework, a robust project delivery process, training and development to evolve our people, the tools to enable successful projects and the data and reporting to understand delivery status and to support decision-making.
In this role you will develop business reports in MS Power BI and Tableau. You will help us to expand our report portfolio through the development of new visualisations and metrics, as well as provide data insights that enable internal customers to have a more comprehensive and valuable view of their business operations.
What will I be accountable for:-
You will build a variety of project-related reports and dashboards. This will include:
- Collating, guiding and structuring requirements
- Planning your work and setting customer expectations
- Preparing the data, from one or many data repositories
- Developing a Proof of Concept and validating to ensure requirements are satisfied
- Deploying and scheduling the developed solution
- Documenting the delivered work
- Delivering further point releases, as required, to maximise adoption
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
You will have a real passion for business intelligence and how it can positively contribute to the business environment, as well as demonstrating the following capabilities:
- Customer engagement skills: You listen, question and guide in equal measure. You plan, document, play back and manage customer expectations, building trustworthy and credible relationships.
- Data preparation skills: You will be proficient in connecting to and querying SQL databases, have an advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Power BI application and preferably also familiar with Tableau and / or SAP Business Objects. You are confident in blending data from various sources.
- Report development skills: You are adept at building simple and complex reports, interpreting data, presenting results in dashboard views, validating quality (analysing and debugging skills) and documenting the work you’re doing. Experience with Agile delivery metrics is desirable.
- Development lifecycle skills: You have worked with distinct environments that support the development lifecycle (dev, UAT, prod) and understand the use of change control and configuration management. You are experienced in working to an Agile approach.
- Data analysis skills: You collect, cleanse and organise data to investigate business questions. You have identified measures and correlations in data and to know how to present your findings to drive valuable outcomes