Head of Software and DevOps
6+ Months | Newcastle, Manchester or London | £(Apply online only)pd
What the work will involve:
1. Support the business in establishing the Software Engineering and DevOps communities.
2. Build cross-community ways of working which support the organisation’s aims to increase digital capability and assure the delivery of digital services.
3. Develop a deep understanding of customer needs both now and in the future to establish a longer-term view of service demand.
4. Undertake effective knowledge transfer and handover at the end of the assignment.
• Demonstrable experience of forming and leading software engineering and devops teams in a digital environment.
• Collegiate in approach and able to build a vision and momentum for change.
• Familiar with professional services business models and associated business processes.
• Significant experience of managing the delivery of large-scale digital solutions in both Agile and Waterfall environments to time, budget and quality.
• Experience of coaching and leading self-organising teams in advanced Agile techniques.
• Able to demonstrate experience of challenging organisational processes to reduce complexity and optimise delivery flow.
• Extensive experience of leading and continuously improving large Software Engineering, and devops teams within a complex, multi-disciplinary environment.
• Good practical working knowledge of a broad range of technologies (open source and proprietary) used over the last 20 years.
• Extensive and deep experience of full stack system development.
• Able to communicate effectively with and understand software engineering and devops practitioners.
• Able to build credible relationships at senior levels within a complex organisation.
Nice to Have skills
• Experience of contributing to and influencing organisational transformation.
• Experience of technical services business development.
• Experience of working in waterfall environments and understanding of constraints and requirements when working with or interfacing with legacy systems.
• Background in systems integration.
• Working knowledge of relevant technologies and tools, such as AWS, Terraform, Ansible, Linux, Nexus, GitLab CI, Puppet, Red Hat, Centos, Checkmarx and Blackduck
• Recognised qualification in scum or scaled-agile techniques.
• A member of a relevant professional body.
People Source Consulting Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
People Source specialise in technology recruitment across niche markets including Information Technology, Digital TV, Digital Marketing, Project and Programme Management, SAP, Digital and Consumer Electronics, Air Traffic Management, Management Consultancy, Business Intelligence, Manufacturing, Telecoms, Public Sector, Healthcare, Finance and Oil & Gas