Based in Sutton, London SM2 5A
Proagrica is looking for an experienced Software Engineering Lead with excellent leadership and organisation skills, as well as strong technical programming background to join its expanding Data and Analytics group. This represents an exciting opportunity to join Proagrica and lead a thriving team in delivering exciting customer solutions.
The successful candidate will provide technical leadership for the Data Visualisation team and assist them in building a dashboard platform that takes complex data sets and presents actionable insights to our customers. The tech stack the team is using to do this is React, Redux and Semantic UI for front end, Node.js for server side, and our back end technologies are Elasticsearch and MongoDB.
The application comprises 2 elements: a reusable core, and implementations that use and extend that core to cater for specific business use cases. The role includes supporting both, as well as assisting other teams internationally as they use the core of the platform to build out their own products. The technical lead would be responsible for: version management, product releases, planning for broader business requirements, scalable design and architecture, and implementation of best practices.
The role includes:
* Analysing and designing software
* Owning technology solutions
* Defining processes to support operations (e.g. Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery)
* Supervising and mentoring the development team of 10
* Planning and breaking down technical work
* Recommending scalable and cost-effective AWS-based infrastructures
* Working closely with business analysts, designers and product owners
* Coordinating work with international teams
Skills & Experience
* Vast knowledge of the Elastic stack, including complex aggregation queries
* Strong practical understanding of DevOps, including testing frameworks, deployments etc.
* Strong interpersonal and stakeholder skills
* Leadership and communication skills
* Excellent problem solving skills
* Agile Development (Scrum) experience
* A real interest and passion for software development and high quality code
* Experience with React / Redux
* Experience with NodeJS
* Experience with MongoDB
* Experience with other programming languages like C#, java, python etc.
* Understanding Big data
About Reed Business Information
Reed Business Information (RBI) provides information, analytics and data to business professionals worldwide. Our strong global products and services hold market-leading positions across a wide range of industry sectors including banking, petrochemicals and aviation where we help customers make key strategic decisions every day. RBI is part of RELX Group plc, a world-leading provider of information solutions for professional customers across industries.
RBI is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law