SC Cleared DevOps Lead - London - £600-£700pd
People Source Consulting are currently seeking a DevOps Tech Lead to take on a 2 year contract position with a Westminster based Government Department.
We are ideally looking for someone with current, valid SC Clearance and the skills to work with the criteria below:
* Improve and expand AWS platform
* Apply changes using configuration management tools (Puppet, Ansible).
* Coordinate and direct deployment of engineers on agile Development projects
* Support and troubleshoot complex micro-service based environment(Haproxy/Nginx loadbalancing)
* Improve monitoring and performance measurement tools (Sensu/Grafana/Logstash/ELK) 6. Participate in the oncall rota
* Work on containerisation of the services(Docker, Kubernetes)
* Perform DBA tasks on variety of Databases (Postgres, Mongo, Mysql)
* Implement and improve security stack/tools
* Configure continues integration pipelines for deployment
* Automating various tasks using puppet, ansible and scripting (Shell + Ruby/Python)
* Deep experience (5 years +) in our Tech stack: Linux, AWS, SDK, Puppet, Shell/Bash, Ruby/Python, Web Servers (NGINX),Logstash/Kibana/ELK
* Deep experience (5 yrs +) in Networking, security and encryption (TCP/IP, LoadBalancing, DNS, Firewalls, SSL/TLS, CSOC protective monitoring technologies)
* Databases (Mongo,Postgres or alternative)
* Continuous integration for developing applications (Jenkins, GIT, Nexus, Artifactory or alternative tools)
* Track record of designing platforms for mission critical services in line with GDS standards
Ideal candidates will also have experience Deploying Kubernetes
This is a Tech Lead role, so you will need to be happy providing direction / tech knowledge to less experience colleagues as well as undertaking day to day duties.
In return my client are offering:
* This is a 2 year project
* £600 - £700pd
* Outside of IR35
We will need someone to start this role by the end of November 2017 at latest.
If you meet the criteria above and you would like to be considered, please submit your up to date CV ASAP.
Those chosen to progress will be contacted within 5 working days.
Keywords: DevOps, Kubernetes, Ansible, AWS, Amazon Web Services, Puppet, Chef, ELK, Sensu, Grafu, Postgres, DBA, Docker, Integration, CI, CD, Deployment, Ruby, Python, Bash, Shell, NGINX, Linux
People Source Consulting Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
People Source specialise in technology recruitment across niche markets including Information Technology, Digital TV, Digital Marketing, Project and Programme Management, SAP, Digital and Consumer Electronics, Air Traffic Management, Management Consultancy, Business Intelligence, Manufacturing, Telecoms, Public Sector, Healthcare, Finance and Oil & Gas