CV deadline: 26/06/18 (Email Removed) 1530
We are looking for an Enterprise Architect with Home Office SC & experience deploying a large scale (25,000 endpoint) VOIP service.
A Brief Description
- Deliver a workable, supportable technology solution to underpin a 28,000 endpoint unified comms service.
- Develop, validate and review conceptual, logical and physical architectural designs
- Manage the architectural aspects of the target design, policies and standards, working pro-actively to achieve stable, viable UC service designs
- Design and implementation of UC services that will support Home Office adoption of its wireless-based, flexible working strategy
- Diagnosing and resolving network issues.
- Creation of High Level and Low Level designs for UC services.
- Experience of Cisco wired / wireless network, access control, network management, routing and switching products
- Work closely with a wide range of colleagues and stakeholders inside and outside of the Home Office, demonstrating good team working and communication skills
- Making sure that the recommended solution is optimal
- Ensure that network design complies with Home Office standards
- Ensuring that technical team designs are consistent, and roll-up to a clear, service-wide set of documentation
- Ensuring that technical designs deal with all parts of the UC service in both production and pre-prod.
- Ensuring that automation opportunities, particularly in the request fulfilment and incident management areas, are taken.
- Act as senior technical authority when presenting technical solutions to governance boards.
- Effectively communicating with project teams, service teams and stakeholders to deliver network requirements
- Acting as an interface between network team, infrastructure, platform and applications teams
Travel to other locations : Occasional travel to other Home Office and partner estates may be required
- Produce high and low level designs for the UC service, co-ordinating input from suppliers and internal delivery teams.
- Co-ordinate technical design and delivery across 22 projects.
- Provide input in to impact assessments on requests for change
- Document the high and Low level network design and configuration
- Document the HLD/LLD across desktop services, WLAN/LAN/WAN, including routing, firewalls, connectivity.
- Ensure that network meets the functional and non-functional requirements
- Working in cooperation with testing to ensuring the quality of the resulting services
- Where required, carry out early life support for UC projects.
- In depth understanding of UC concepts including VOIP, QoS, ID authentication, security, connectivity.
- Knowledge and experience of 802.1x (wireless & wired)
- Experience in the design and configuration of large scale, unified comms (voice essential, video/web broadcast desirable) services
- Experience of deploying voice and video over wireless
- Experience in configuration of Cisco routers & switches
- Demonstrable ability to communicate in both verbal and written communication
- Production of high quality design, deployment and support documentation
- Understanding of public and private cloud infrastructure
- Experience of working in a transformation project
- Familiar with ITIL
- Must have existing Home Office SC clearance
- Must have experience deploying a large scale (25,000 endpoint) VOIP service.
- Experience in deploying VOIP monitoring services (e.g. IR Prognosis)
- Experience in deploying local CDN services (e.g. Hive)
- Experience working in Government or highly regulated environments
- Practical experience of Cisco firewalls
- Practical experience of Solarwinds
- Exposure to Service Now integration
As well as the specific experience required above you will have the necessary qualifications, skills & experience of an Enterprise Architect to take control of this requirement from its inception to its completion.
If you are an Enterprise Architect & meet the experience required above please call/mail me asap for the full spec. Thank you