£633 - £795 per day pay range, subject to IR35 status
[temporary, but potentially long term role, subject to extension by the client]
Where this vacancy is based:
London, SW1P 4DR
What’s involved with this role:
• Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of large scale and technically
complex projects, commercial issues, legal aspects, financial control and
procurement processes and techniques
• Excellent financial acumen and a track record in prudent financial control
• Excellent communication, relationship management and presentation skills
• Strong leadership, people and team management skills
• Business performance management expertise (including strategy development,
planning, budgeting and reporting)
• Understanding of ERP system utilisation and maintenance
• Understanding of IT service delivery is desirable
• The ability to work within a complex stakeholder environment
• The ability to develop high performing, delivery focused multidisciplinary teams
that are part of a an organisation undertaking matrix ways of working
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyse complex data (quantitative and
qualitative), draw conclusions, and produce solutions and decisions
• Experience in negotiating and facilitating joint decision making with colleagues
• Sound knowledge of HR Management processes and policies
• Corporate Commercial expertise, including procurement
This is a temporary, but possibly long term role.
You must have the following:
1. Your address (including post code) and a telephone number that we can reach you on during working hours
2. Your recent UK working experience, going back at least 5 years, with any gaps explained.
3. Confirmation of your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
4. Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
5. Educated to Degree level in relevant subject or equivalent level of experience of working at a similar level in a specialist area.
6. Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages
7. Experience and skills required:
• Will have at least 5 years’ experience in financial management of a regulated business, as well as 10+ years’ executive/management experience.
• Preferably you will also have some experience of capital projects in the rail or transport industries, although this is not essential.
• Post-graduate qualification in business management, finance or a related disciple
8.Your day and month of birth plus the last 3 digits of your National Insurance number, please. Sorry, but our public sector clients now want this information at the point of CV submission.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
1. Any Central Government/public sector experience
2. Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Client: Central Government Body
This opening assignment is for 6 months
Hours per week: 40 Monday – Friday, normal working hours