JOB TITLE: Electrical Engineer / Technicians
LOCATION: Culham, Oxfordshire
DURATION: 6 Months (initially)
RATE: Dependant on Experience
My client, Cavendish Nuclear, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Babcock International Group, is the UK's leading nuclear services company.
With a highly-skilled workforce circa 6,000, Cavendish Nuclear is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and has offices and sites located across the UK as well as internationally.
Cavendish Nuclear innovates to make nuclear safer, faster, at lower cost and delivers across all aspects of the nuclear energy life-cycle; from design and build, through to operations and maintenance, decommissioning, waste management and remediation.
YOU MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
• A minimum of an HNC/HND in Electrical or Electronics, or a related discipline.
• A wide experience and knowledge of different types of control and instrumentation interfaces is essential.
• Essential to have significant practical hands-on experience in the test, commissioning and fault-finding on large (~MW) electrical plant systems and ELV/LV control systems, with a high degree of control and instrumentation interfaces.
• Practical hands-on experience of using test and instrumentation equipment is essential.
• Experience of working in strict accordance with safety and plant documentation; including written safe systems of work and commissioning procedures.
• BPSS check will be required for all new starters
The Electrical Engineering Department presently provides Megawatt pulsed power to the JET and MAST-U Tokamaks, including the magnet power supplies, neutral beam power supplies and HV distribution. The Department operates, maintains and undertakes both new build and refurbishment projects in these areas. We have a requirement for experienced technicians or engineers to join the team testing and commission the pulsed power supplies for the MAST-U Tokamak.
• Support testing of the plant protection systems.
• Operate test and measurement equipment to facilitate these tests; including oscilloscopes, function generators, pulse generators and multi-meters.
• Undertake functional testing and commissioning of ELV and LV control systems for plant such as motorised switchgear.
• Support the Department’s engineers and technicians working in high hazard environments such as High Voltage areas. Sometimes acting as an essential second person for safe working in such environments.
• Witness plant activities to confirm that the behaviour is as expected and report back to the lead commissioning engineer for the specific activity.
• Apply technical skills to aid fault finding related to power conversion and the associated control and instrumentation.
• Work in strict accordance with safety and plant documentation, for example: risk assessments, method statements, reports, testing and commissioning procedures and operating instructions
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands, to SMEs and start ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion’s approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Please email your CV by applying today.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants