The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (UK Space Agency) are seeking a Security Assurance Manager to join them at 10 Victoria Street, London.
Team: Department for Business Energy and Industrial Strategy|BEIS Core|Department for Business, Innovation and Skills|UKSA
Initial contracts will run until March 2020 and offer a rate up to £950/day.
IR35 STATUS: Inside IR35. This engagement has been assessed by the public body as Inside IR35 legislation. Candidates would be required to operate through an umbrella company on this engagement.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: 24/06/2019 at 15:00
This role requires Active DV (Developed Vetting) clearance. Applicants require active DV clearance or the willingness to go through clearance before starting on site. Candidates with current clearance will be preferred.
As Security Assurance Manager for the UK GNSS programme you will be accountable to the Senior Responsible Owner for the development of the programme’s Security strategy, securing its approval by the Programme Board and implementing the system security requirements across all areas and elements of the programme.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
* Develop and implement security strategies for the (Engineering Development and Design Phase- EDDP) and the long-term security strategy for implementation of the full GNSS capability by using specialist security knowledge and experience of the relevant government and industry sector and wider sector and security policy to inform the above security strategies.
* The post holder will be responsible for ensuring the policy is developed tested and agreed and implemented to schedule.
* The post holder will ensure that all security documentation is properly maintained and updated as the programme develops and that changes are flown down to both the policy and technical functions of the programme.
* Leadership – you will need to be a self-starter with a proven ability to set direction, successfully drive complex areas of work under your own initiative and deliver strong results. You will be confident in working with Ministers and Board Level Members of industry, using a variety of communication mechanisms to inform, consult and influence partners and stakeholders.
* Strategic Thinking – a strong ability to understand the industrial and policy drivers of strategy and to influence strategy at a national, departmental and cross-Government level.
* Establish effective working relationships with relevant OGDs and other public bodies to engage them in System Security development and implementation for and within the programme, and to ensure that they have a common understanding of the programme’s wide-ranging security and Accreditation requirements and objectives coupled with the programme’s aims.
* Identify opportunities to engage OGDs and other public bodies on the programme to secure buy-in.
* Provide briefing with regards to security and system accreditation, and security input into UKSA and BEIS procedures as required to support the programme (e.g. reviews, reporting).
* Ensure that the programme embeds security as a programme and business enabler rather than technically-led.
* Lead of the delivery of system security requirements, their implementation and system security accreditation documentation which has a significant policy focus.
* Identify and challenge any failure of the programme to act in accordance with the security policy objectives so that it can be considered and addressed if necessary.
* Lead on the provision security and system accreditation policy input to the development of the programme.
Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Qualifications:
* Significant experience of GNSS Security work is required.
* Experience of all aspects of security implementation and System Accreditation is required.
* Experience of working on a programme or project with significant political interest would be an advantage.
* Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities. The ability to draft clearly and concisely is required.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK, this role will not offer Visa sponsorship. Tier 2 – General visas are cannot be accepted. This role requires that candidates be willing to undergo BPSS (DS) Baseline Personnel Security Standard (with a Disclosure Scotland)