CONTRACT: VP, Technology And Transformation - £800 Per Day- Milan / Dusseldorf / London
We are seeking a seasoned VP of Technology and Transformation.
In this highly visible role, the VP of Technology & Transformation will be working with a team of smart, talented people, challenging them to excel.
The VP will have full accountability for the IT Transformation programme delivery, from concept to production, ensuring business growth. This is a fast-paced, challenging and technical management role. We require you to work in close collaboration with the customer and various internal stakeholders.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an established business, working with cutting-edge technology and driving innovation from the front. This is a high impact role that will affect many parts of our business!
The VP role is a contract-to-permanent position, requiring a minimum of six months' commitment with a potential to convert to a permanent, full-time position after that. It could be based in either Milan, Düsseldorf or London.
Your Core Responsibilities Will Involve But Not Be Limited To:
* Establish a digital transformation process and metrics for success, in order to provide meaningful definition and measurable progress to all teams involved.
* Coach the team while introducing process and tools for positive change, fostering a spirit of continuous improvement within the group.
* Establish a "DDP methodology" across the entire technical and software delivery lifecycle.
* Devise / establish / review IT policies and systems to support the implementation of strategies set by SVP/board.
* Control budget and report on expenditure.
* Manage project risks, issues/problems, and activity progress to ensure project goals (e.g., deadline, scope and quality) are achieved. Assists with problem resolution or risk mitigation as needed.
* Work with internal and customer teams to identify tasks: Determine dependencies, identify and assign specific resources, communicate expectations to team members, obtain task effort and duration estimates from team members, and create/track the project schedule.
* Work together with the Stakeholders to plan and execute projects, ensure that teams have appropriate product and technical specifications, direction and resources to deliver products effectively by establishing estimates for timelines while ensuring that projects remain on target to meet deadlines.
* Provide solutions to difficult problem.
* Minimum of 8-10 years of management/leadership experience in a software development organization with responsibility for numerous successful projects (delivered on time, meeting client requirements, with high team satisfaction), and working across dispersed teams.
* Ability to quickly establish credibility and influence within dynamic IT groups, as well as a natural inclination to lead, mentor, and coach across a wide variety of experience levels.
* Thorough understanding of the SDLC, Atlassian Jira / Confluence system, web/app frameworks, development tools and APIs.
* Pro-active in developing and implementing strategies that significantly mitigate risk.
* Strong negotiation skills and an ability to communicate clearly at all organizational levels, as well as with 3rd parties.
Full proficiency in English with excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to make oral presentations
* Flexible for travel based on project needs.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
If this sounds like your perfect role, click apply!
Not quite what you're looking for? Have a browse of our website, we recruit for both Contract and Permanent roles.