My client, a global engineering firm specialising in the Aerospace sector, are seeking a seasoned Service desk professional who can transform their operation in Switzerland.
This contract will be working for 3 days a week in Switzerland (expenses covered in addition to day rate) and ideally 2 days in Coventry (negotiable). You will be reporting into the Global VP Service Delivery & Improvement.
The Head of Service Change and Transformation is a strategic role responsible for defining, directing, planning and managing the execution and impact that change brings. The role will be key in ensuring service transformation is delivered in line with the direction of the Service delivery function and strategy.
To promptly identify risks and issues in a timely manner and provide proposals for mitigation and corrective actions as required.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Work with the VP of Service Delivery & Improvement to define and execute strategic service transformation objectives
• Ensure that all services and improvement programmes adhere to agreed policies, standards and governance
• Ensure that all programme benefits realisation strategy is created and executed. Effectively manage risks, issues, assumptions, dependencies and change requests across all initiatives.
• Ensure quality assurance mechanisms are in place so that deliverables adhere to agreed requirements
• Ensures that service solution requirements are defined, delivered and monitored following agreed standards, architectures, and governance
• Lead a high performing, collaborative team of internal and external technology resources, utilising a range of project methodologies as appropriate
• Identify and implement opportunities for innovation and continuous improvement in programme / project delivery in line with agreed standards, architectures, and governance.
• Advises and influences at the highest level, regarding delivery, costs, availability and functionality of services and systems
• Extensive experience leading transformation functions in delivering large scale change initiatives.
• Exceptional stakeholder management skills, comfortable interacting and influencing at C level.
• A solid service delivery background, with an in depth understanding of service management
• Experience managing change in a regulated environment would be beneficial.
• Managing a large scale IT Service Delivery function (global experience desirable)
• Managing change (e.g. change project expanding service delivery e.g. from regional to global desirable)
• Multi-site, multi country experience
• Experience of maturing service delivery departments.
• Able to lead, coach and mentor direct reports and teams.
• Service leadership, with a passion for delivering an outstanding client experience.
• A patient and methodical approach to dealing with IT issues and managing client expectations.
To learn more about the role please apply.
Lawrence Harvey is acting as an Employment Business in regards to this position.
Visit our website (url removed) and follow us on Twitter for all live vacancies @lawharveyjobs