We are looking for a DV cleared Chief Systems Engineer, to work for the UK Space Agency on a 6 month contract, with the possibility to extend.
High Level responsibilities/deliverables:
- Technical oversight of UK GNSS System Level activities, reporting to the Technical Director (GNSS)
- Ensuring effective integration across space, ground, operations, and system segment activities and products; hardware and software
- Coordinating system integration requirements
- Applying lessons learned from similar space architecture system efforts to ensure successful definition, planning and development
- Interacting and collaborating with contractor(s) and government leads to ensure that all system level interface requirements are consistent
- Supporting the UK GNSS programme to define, capture, and maintain the system level technical, schedule, and cost risks throughout the EDDP and developing risk mitigation courses of action and assessing impacts of risks and proposed changes.
- Developing, documenting, executing, integrating and evolving engineering processes as required to support the design and development of the system segment within the EDDP
- Support to preparation of ITTs and other relevant technical documentation
- Developing briefings, plans, papers, and other documentation in support of UK GNSS EDDP
- Bachelor`s or Master`s Degree or equivalent is required in Electrical Engineering, Aeronautical, Communications Engineering (technical), Physics, or similar.
- Active DV clearance
- Deep knowledge of GNSS theory and practice
- Deep knowledge of implementing RF and digital signal processing techniques into practical engineering implementation and bringing to an operational context.
- Extensive experience demonstrating skills in engineering within complex system engineering environments/programmes, experience in space, ground, operations or sustainment segments of a space programme is of preference, in particular, GNSS
- [Ideally] Experience of leading open architecture system development efforts throughout the entire systems engineering lifecycle
- Experience, knowledge and understanding of the Enterprise Architect and DOORS tools
- Experience with requirements and interface management, risk management, change boards and change board environment.
- Extremely motivated individual who is a self-starter and a team player.
- Experience writing and delivering technical documents and briefings.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills as well as organisational skills.
CV Deadline: 5pm Tuesday 20th August.
If you meet the experience required above please call/mail me asap for the full spec/more information. Thank you