The Space Segment Lead, reporting to the Chief System Engineer or the Technical Director (TBD), will be responsible for the technical delivery of the space segment architecture, ensuring the Space Segment Contractor is performing and delivering the required tasks, directing them as required, ensuring that the space segment is correctly and coherently integrating into the Ground Control Segment and at the system level. The Space Segment Lead will also be the lead for Launch and dispenser activities, concepts, proposals, interfaces and specifications. In addition, the space segment lead is expected to have a role in technical risk management and to oversee any technical aspects of the space architecture including supporting the development of system and sub-system engineering test beds.
There will be close working relationships with the Technical Director, Chief System Engineer, Chief System Architect and other segment leads as well as the Technical Design Authority.
Qualification and experience
* Bachelor`s or Master`s Degree or equivalent is required in Electrical Engineering, Aeronautical, Communications Engineering (technical), Physics, or similar.
* Active SC clearance, willing to undertake DV clearance
* Knowledge of GNSS theory and practice
* 5+ years of demonstrated engineering experience of leading a space segment development within a space programme. Must have experience in the development of space vehicles and payloads (and GNSS payloads) and knowledge and experience of all phases of a space mission from concept through to operations and disposal. Knowledge of ECSS framework.
* Experience in launch & dispenser integration, procurement and LEOP activities
* [Ideally] Experience of leading open architecture system development efforts throughout the entire systems engineering lifecycle
* Experience, knowledge and understanding of the Enterprise Architect and DOORS tools
* Experience with requirements and interface management, risk management, change boards and change board environment.
* Extremely motivated individual who is a self-starter and a team player.
* Experience writing and delivering technical documents and briefings.
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills as well as organisational skills.
High Level responsibilities/deliverables
Technical oversight of UK GNSS Space Level activities, reporting to Chief System Engineer or Technical Director (GNSS)(TBD)
* Ensuring and supporting effective integration across space, ground, operations, and system segment activities and products; hardware and software
* Coordinating system integration requirements from the space perspective
* Applying lessons learned from similar space architecture system efforts to ensure successful definition, planning and development
* Interacting and collaborating with contractor(s) and government leads to ensure that all space level interface requirements are consistent with those of other segments
* Supporting the UK GNSS programme to define, capture, and maintain the system level technical, schedule, and cost risks throughout the EDDP and developing risk mitigation courses of action and assessing impacts of risks and proposed changes.
* Developing, documenting, executing, integrating and evolving engineering processes as required to support the design and development of the space segment within the EDDP
* Support to preparation of ITTs and other relevant technical documentation
* Developing briefings, plans, papers, and other documentation in support of UK GNSS EDDP
The UK GNSS programme identified a number of segments within the overall technical solution and high-level system architecture design. The Space Segment function is clearly key to the deployment and operation of a space-based capability.
The UK GNSS programme is entering into an Engineering Design and Development Phase (EDDP), the high-level objectives of which are:
* Undertake system engineering and planning activities necessary to prepare for the implementation of a UK GNSS capability
* Provide technical inputs to support the preparation of a Business Case (BC) for the UK GNSS Capability
* Develop Authority procurement and industrialisation plans to ensure that the programme procurement and implementation is aligned with UK Government objectives and constraints
* Initiate critical development activities and early Long Lead Item procurementsUK wide travel will be required from time to time. Attendance at meetings in London will also be required.
CV deadline: 7/6 at 1600
As well as the experience required above you will have the necessary qualifications, skills & experience to take control of this requirement from its inception to its completion.
If you meet the experience required above please call/mail me asap for the full spec/more information. Thank you