In light of our clients growing Automotive business, we are recruiting for a number of skilled procurement/ purchasing professionals. We are particularly interested in speaking to Senior Procurement professionals with Electronic/Electrical as well as Body/Interior/chassis/powertrain purchasing experience within Automotive.
This role will require each individual to take responsibility for a commodity within a growing team, managing the full bill of materials for the vehicle. The jobs will involve a broad degree of exposure to the fast developing project, and participate in both the design and manufacturing process to ensure that all products represent the maximum quality and reliability attainable.
We are looking for candidates with a broad automotive background, preferably with in an OEM/Tier1/2 supplier environment. Ideally, you will be a self-starter capable of picking up and running with a project, capable of following best practices whilst having the ability to develop new processes. Furthermore, you will have a strong commercial acumen with the ability to act on opportunities quickly to gain business advantage with 3rd party providers.
Reporting directly to the Senior Procurement Manager, these roles will be sourcing equipment, goods and services and managing vendors for the company. You will responsible for leading procurement and working closely with Quality, Engineering and Planning, in line with the project strategy, while developing partnerships with suppliers and stakeholders.
As the Procurement Specialist, you will support the procurement strategy for Automotive using your experience to ensure that the business is investing in materials and equipment that are fit for purpose, and allows purchasing to achieve the best possible commercial terms in line with the business strategy
• Developing and implementing an effective supplier base and partnerships to create a reliable and long-term source of supply.
• Supporting requirement for introduction of new parts and customer enquiries.
• Sourcing and forming strategic supply base management and handling activities such as financial management and issue resolution.
• Responsible for ensuring prices negotiated with approved suppliers are consistent and are as competitive as previously supplied development and integration of supply agreements.
• Continuously seeking measurable improvement opportunities which will contribute towards achieving high standards of operational excellence.
• Effectively managing sub-contractors ensuring that supplies meet company output plan.
• Liaising with other departments, exchanging information and giving Procurement support to their functions.
• Resolving problems arising from unclear information on requisitions, specifications and drawings.
• Maintaining records of supplier performance, communicating with each supplier to improve performance and or implementing corrective actions where necessary.
• Commercially astute with the ability to act on opportunities quickly to gain business advantage with 3rd party providers.
• Analysing production and procurement lead times to ensure customer requirements can be met.
• Networking with the wider organisation to maximise group leverage possibilities.
Our Client is one of the world’s biggest manufacturing companies, and in a new departure, they are now seeking to add world-class Automotive expertise to support the manufacture of a new, uncompromising 4x4 coming to market by the end of 2020. The creation of this new 4x4 will honour the spirit of traditional rugged off-roading, whilst offering a step change in build quality and reliability and meeting the safety and environmental considerations of the present day - a significant challenge, and
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
Minimum 5 years’ experience, within procurement and supply chain preferably within Automotive / Manufacturing / Technology areas.
• Demonstrable experience of developing new supplier relationships and knowledge of OEM / Tier 1s & 2s.
• A strategic buyer with experience within engineering and / or manufacturing / automotive environment.
• Innovative thinker, able to generate new ideas and translate into tangible results.
• Excellent communicator capable of establishing solid, professional relationships.
• Credibility to engage with senior stakeholders.
• Strong team player who recognises the importance of all functions in the business.
• Fully conversant with MS Office packages and MRP systems (complex spreadsheets, databases, etc.) and able to drive improvements.
• Flexibility to work independently and travel as business requires.
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
• Recognised university degree qualification in an engineering/technical/numerical discipline and MCIPS or equivalent would be desirable.
• Ability to speak German would be advantageous
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.
Fircroft is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner as required under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. Fircroft will only process your personal data for the specific purposes of managing your application