Brownlee Dean are proud to be working with a highly reputable civil engineering contractor to recruit an experienced Freelance General Foreman for a road construction project.
Suitable candidates will have extensive highways experience, be pro-active and able to motivate the site workforce to achieve production targets.
* Work closely and under the direction of the Works Manager and Agents
* To provide a safe place of work that complies with current legislation.
* To run the site as directed by the Construction Phase plan.
* Responsible for supervising and co-ordinating teams of direct labour and specialist sub contractors
* Meeting targets and deadlines the contracts.
* Completion of daily site diary, allocation sheets, time sheets, record of labour, progress report sheets, plant returns, material returns and local site purchase sheets.
* Produce RAMS and to ensure safe working practices are adhered to, as outlined in method statements and risk assessments.
* To liaise with the site management team passing on relevant information on regular basis.
* To co-ordinate the works in accordance with the relevant programme of works.
* Be aware of responsibilities from the HSEQ policies
Preferred candidates will have progressed through to a groundworker / plant operator route. The minimum qualifications required are as follows:
* SMSTS or SSSTS Certificate
* First Aid at Work
* CSCS Supervisor Card
* Further H&S training certificates would be advantageous.
* Competitive day/hourly rate
* Exposure to high value, interesting work
* Possibility of further work on project completion
If this sounds like your next opportunity send your CV to the email address provided