Based in Kallo, Belgium
Salary: A competitive salary package including benefits such as meal vouchers,
hospitalization insurance, pension plan, bonus plan and Eco checks.
Contract: Temporary contract, guaranteed until end 2020
Our client provides chemical solutions to the specialty coatings, adhesives, aroma chemicals, graphic arts and synthetic rubber industries.
An exciting opportunity as an Innovation Scientist has now arisen to join the innovation team, where you will research and develop new products, convert business development opportunities into new products and prototype innovations and pioneer new technologies.
The scope of the Innovation organization includes 1) leveraging advantaged rosin availability and usage in new markets and 2) the development of new markets, new technologies or new value offerings to deliver exceptional and sustainable growth.
Please note experience of Polymer Synthesis is required – only applications showing this will be taken into account.
· Envision and articulate creative processes and technologies to drive improvement in Total Cost of Ownership in target markets.
· Develop innovative new products, in accordance with Innovation Group initiatives.
· Manage R&D projects for technologically sophisticated products to successful implementation (Polymers).
· Actively contribute to ideation and development of intellectual property.
· Make recommendations for additional technology investments.
· Identify gaps and solve problems between internal capabilities and new product's requirements.
· Cooperate and communicate company’s main R&D to enable synergies between business lines.
· Develop, nurture and utilize network of technical experts from current and potential markets, customer bases and suppliers as well as technical experts from universities and technical institutes to identify emerging issues and technologies.
· Maintain high level of knowledge and awareness of regulatory standards and regulations. Gather technical intelligence by reading published literature, patents and press releases and attending conferences and tradeshows.
· Actively cooperate and communicate with all internal functions and resources, particularly R&D, Business Development, Marketing, Manufacturing and Engineering in order to leverage internal synergies.
· Conduct specification and feasibility analysis on new products.
· Present project updates using PowerPoint and other presentation software.
· Conduct business activities in accordance with Company policy, EH&S, and Business Ethics.
· Performance of other duties as required by supervisor.
· MS or Ph.D. degree in Polymer Chemistry or related field
· Degree in Green Chemistry is strongly preferred
· Experience of Polymer Synthesis is required
· Experience in a product development role is preferable
· Experience with creative problem solving techniques such as TRIZ is desirable
· Good English oral and written communication skills are required
Skills and abilities:
· Ability to work and communicate in an office, professional lab environment and a plant-manufacturing environment
· Travel may be required as needed with minimal global travel
· Mathematical skills: at a level consistent with stated degree
· Reasoning and prioritizing ability
· Analytical mind-set
· Creative, curious
· Project management skills, open-minded, data-driven
· Thinker and Doer/ Hands-on
· Internally motivated / Self-starter
· Ability to manage own assignments on schedule and in accordance with project
· Proven team-work ability to work in a global cross-functional team environment
· Physical demands: standing, sitting, bending, stooping. Lifting up to a maximum of 15 kg.
· Work environment: business office environment. Lab environment. Plant locations, customer locations.
For EU roles, candidates must be eligible to work and live in the European Union.
Proof of eligibility will be required with your application.
Office Locations: Stratford-upon-Avon, Amsterdam, Barcelona, Cape Town, Dubai, Düsseldorf, Göteborg, Istanbul, Lyon, Milan, Mumbai, Shanghai, Singapore, Sydney and Washington.
PLASTICS - PETROCHEMICALS - PACKAGING - CHEMICALS - ENERGY – ENVIRONMENT
Listgrove Limited Registered in England No: (phone number removed)
Exhibiting at: Plastteknik, Med-Tech, Chemspec Europe, Kunststoffen, PPMA, K, Interpack, Compounding World, Interplas