On behalf of our local authority client, we are recruiting a Band 3 Administration Officer to provide the leadership team within the shared procurement service, with administrative support.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
* Providing general administrative support to ensure smooth running of the service on a day to day basis.
* Acting as first point of contact for service users and if necessary using specialist knowledge to signpost as necessary to other disciplines, departments and agencies
* Inputting information onto the central database and liaise with the admin coordinator to produce statistics for reports and information when required to do so
* Maintaining and implementing referral procedures
* Assisting with diary management, faxing and photocopying
* Producing and responding to complex and/or confidential correspondence
* Providing administrative and organisational advice to other staff
* Minuting meetings, preparing and circulating agendas, minutes and correspondence as necessary.
* Arranging venues for meetings and training as required
* Maintaining an inventory of office equipment in the locality
* Taking responsibility for timely procurement of office supplies and equipment following procurement protocols
* Undertaking word processing and more complex IT tasks e.g. designing certificates, posters, display materials
* Preparing handouts for training courses and presentations.
* Assisting in the monitoring and managing of budgets for locality based team and providing statistical data and reports
* Comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health and safety, confidentiality and data protection
* Contribute to the overall ethos, aims and work of the service
* Communicate effectively and constructively with all team members to ensure a smooth transition during the ongoing period of change
* Recognise and use own initiative, strengths and areas of expertise to advise and support others
* Participate in training, performance development and other learning activities as required
* Oversight of work of scale1/2 admin within the locality team
The duties and responsibilities highlighted in this Job Description are indicative and may vary over time. Post holders are expected to undertake other duties and responsibilities relevant to the nature, level and scope of the post and the grade has been established on this basis.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
GCSE Grade C or above in four subjects including English and Mathematics
ECDL or equivalent
RSA ll or equivalent
Several years experience working in an office environment including responsibility for developing and managing admin systems
Excellent communication skills consistent with working in a team environment
Accurate keyboard/word processing skills including developing and maintaining databases and spreadsheets
Good speaking and listening skills and the ability to communicate clearly and accurately in writing
The ability to use initiative
The ability to self evaluate learning needs and actively seek out appropriate learning opportunities
Ability to stay calm and focused in emotionally challenging situations
Ability to work independently with minimum supervision, but also able to work well as a team with other members of staff.
Ability to think clearly and work to strict deadlines
Resourceful, reflective and resilient.
Display integrity, reliability and sensitivity when dealing with clients and team members
A willingness to pursue training in any area of work relevant to the job description.
Who are Nineteen Recruitment?
Nineteen Recruitment are an ethical and honest recruitment company that specialises in Education, Social Care and Public Sector recruitment. Nineteen has strong relationships with schools, social care settings and all the local authorities across the North East, matching appropriately skilled and experienced candidates to their vacancies. Nineteen is passionate about delivering a high standard of candidate care, ensuring candidates feel well supported when either at work or seeking work.
Nineteen Recruitment is committed to equal opportunities and as such no applicant or worker will receive less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, race or employment status.
Advantages of working via Nineteen Recruitment
* Weekly pay paid via a PAYE equivalent model (at no cost to worker)
* Excellent level of support from the agency whilst you're in role
* Agency support with ongoing training / refresher training needs
* A point of contact between the worker and the client/place of work
* Offers the ultimate in flexible working
* You will be kept informed of any new and relevant work opportunities coming up in the future