Mechanical Design Engineer (SolidWorks)
£30- £35 per hour Ltd/Umbrella
6-month contract (Potential for long term extension)
If you would like to work on some exciting automation projects, then please continue reading. My client is looking to hire an experienced design engineer (SolidWorks) to come in and make a difference. Having recruited the most recent contractors for this company I can tell you that the likelihood of contract extensions is highly likely.
The Mechanical Design Engineer will be responsible for the following:
• Working within the design team you will be working on Product Standardisation projects and new projects.
• When looking at existing projects you will be tasked at redesigning various parts which could be- piping runs, pipe spools, exhaust shrouds, lifting tanks and oil cooling tanks.
You will be required to look at how cost can be reduced – looking at materials and a more efficient manufacturing process.
• Working with new products your role will be to design the product from the specification.
• This will be designing the pipe runs, placing of parts, looking at PFD’s and P & ids.
• You will be looking at pressurized pipework generally up to 300PSI and doing all the CAD work, design for manufacture, manufacturing drawings, BOM’s
• All design is done using SolidWorks.
The candidate must possess the following skills to be considered for this role:
• SolidWorks experience (Essential)
• Experience with piping – P & IDs/PFD’s
• Packaging experience – routings, placing of components
• Be a good communicator and be able to work to own initiative
The benefits of this position:
• Competitive hourly rates.
• Immediate start.
• Challenging and dynamic work environment.
• The potential for a long-term contract.
To be considered for this role please either hit the 'Apply' button on this site or email your CV directly to I can also be contacted directly on (phone number removed). I look forward to hearing from you!
ATA Recruitment specialize in Technical and Electrical Engineering, so if this particular role is not for you, please do have a look on our website for further potential opportunities which may suit your skills and experience better - If you have the skill, we have the recruitment knowledge and together we can find you your perfect job! - (url removed)
You must be eligible to live and work within the UK. Sponsorship is not provided