Resource Direct Recruitment (RDR) is an internal recruitment for a global energy services and facilities management group. Our recruiting expertise spans across facilities management (hard and soft services), corporate, executive, sales, marketing, procurement, operations, manufacturing, engineering, finance, IT and HR. We pride ourselves in recruiting the best talent and offer insight on recruitment industry trends
RDR are recruiting for a M&E Asset Surveyor to be based in Dunbar, Scotland. This is a full contract role working Monday to Friday 08:00 – 17:00. On offer is £290 per day plus £60 per day allowance.
The work shall involve the surveying of all rooms and areas on site and capturing the condition rating for all assets. The works will also involve the digital capture images of assets that require replacement, re-decoration or repair by photograph. The works will capture robust asset condition data to determine the remaining life of each asset by using all available evidence and experience.
Roles and responsibilities of the M&E Asset Surveyor:
Working with the internal team in pairs using iPads and capturing asset images, data and condition of equipment and fittings this includes, but not limited to the following:
* All light fittings to be counted internal and external
* Fire alarm accessories and component parts if visible
* Gas and electricity supply's including distribution systems (DBs, Generators and UPS)
* Dry coolers and cooling towers
* Supply and extract grills (count)
* AC equipment - record the gas type (cooling only and heat pump)
* Gas boilers and heating equipment (Calorifiers)
* Water storage tanks
* All white goods
* Catering and all lighting
* Fire extinguishers record type
* Disabled alarms
* Intruder alarms
* Emergency lighting
The surveyor will collect the following information for each asset:
* Asset Classification - system, type, and tag. The maintenance specification, asset lifecycle and replacement costs will be built upon this information. (drop down selection)
* Location data - building, floor, block/zone, location type, location name, location notes, coordinates
* Duty Rating (kW, kG, kVA, etc) - used to price for replacement costs of asset
* Condition - in line with CIBSE specifications
* Criticality/Business Consequence of Asset Failure
* Operational status
* Installation date
* Operating hours
* Manufacturer, Model and Serial number
* Last major service (if available)
* SPoF - Single point of failure
* Technical details depending on asset (refrigerant type and weight)
Qualifications and Required Experience for the M&E asset Surveyor role:
Relevant professional industry/vocational qualification i.e. University Degree or Equivalent.
At least 1 years’ experience in this in a similar role
Working in a Power Station / Industrial environment
Knowledge of specialist equipment
Experience of using Mobiess Asset Collection Software, however full induction training will be given.
Good verbal communication and interpersonal skills
Good written communication skills
A flexible and adaptable approach
Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
Proactive approach to problem solving
Capable of working with no or minimum supervision
All successful candidates will be required to undertake a Counter Terrorism Check due to the sensitivity of the site you will be working on.
Also due to the location of the site transport and a full driving licence will be required.
How to Apply:
Please apply directly for the M&E Asset Surveyor vacancy.
Due to the high volume of applicants we will not contact unsuccessful applicants at screening process.
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. RDR do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community