Supporting Your Recovery Co-ordinator – Part Time (Contract)
£8.57 per hour
Royal Voluntary Service is an innovative charity that focuses on inspiring people to give the gift of voluntary service to support the NHS and older people at home and in the community. We are now looking for a part time Supporting Your Recovery Co-ordinator to join us on a contract until 31st March 2020.
If you’ve got experience of working with volunteers and the organisation skills to make a difference, this is the ideal role in which to do more and oversee some incredible services that are making a huge difference to older people in hospital.
You’ll discover that we make a difference every day and support those who need us the most. Utilising the generous gift of time that our volunteers donate, we strive to improve the lives of older people, particularly those who are in hospital or are just returning home.
As a Supporting Your Recovery Co-ordinator, you will deliver our Supporting Your Recovery service which supports residents leaving hospital. The service aims to reduce recovery time and readmissions and impact the potential feelings of loneliness and isolation that many people feel after a hospital stay.
Facilitating the delivery of the service across Perth and Kinross, you will:
- Help people reconnect with their community and engage with activities
- Make sure that all activities are delivered in-line with funding agreements, our vision and core values
- Help the Service Manager to match volunteers to specific areas that match their skill-sets
- Complete regular evaluations and reporting to support funding
- Assist with the recruitment, induction, development and day-to-day management of volunteers
Interested? To be considered, you will need:
- Experience of working with volunteers and supporting and motivating them on a daily basis
- Previous experience of handling personal information and the legal requirements of this
- Knowledge and an understanding of volunteers and voluntary services
- A full driving licence and access to your own vehicle for business purposes (with expenses paid)
As a Supporting Your Recovery Co-ordinator, you will possess excellent communication skills, the ability to build effective relationships and motivate others and an empathetic approach.
Experience of general administrative processes and duties and maintaining databases would be beneficial. Ideally, you will also have a valid driving licence and access to a vehicle or other suitable transport. Proficiency in standard IT systems would also be an advantage, as would GCSEs (or equivalent) in English and Maths at grade C or above.
This is a part time role, working 15 hours per week, Wednesday – Friday, 5 hours per day.
The closing date for applications is the 1st November 2019.
To apply for the role of Supporting Your Recovery Co-ordinator (Part Time, Contract), please apply via the button shown
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Supporting Your Recovery Co-ordinator, Co-ordinator, Team Co-ordinator, Team Leader, Service Co-ordinator, Volunteer Co-ordinator, Volunteer Support Co-ordinator, Service Administrator, Administrator, Contract