phone number removed) NCD
Senior Policy, Consultation and Research Officer
£21.56 per hour
Our client is looking for an experienced Senior Policy, Consultation and Research Officer.
This post reports directly to the Strategic Coordination Manager and is responsible for the development and review of the Council’s Policy and Strategy Framework and Consultation and Engagement approach.
The post holder is responsible for supporting the Strategic Co-ordination Manager and services in the development and review of strategic and corporate policy and strategy development in support of the achievement of the Councils Corporate Plan and delivery against its stated aims and objectives. This involves the development and review of the Councils Policy and Strategy Framework and approach and the Consultation and Engagement Policy and Strategy, in line with CMTs requirements, and providing a level of challenge to Managers on service specific Policy and strategies.
The post holder also has a responsibility to undertake key research activity to inform the Council’s Corporate Plan and associated strategic and Corporate Policies and Strategies, this will include undertaking and assisting services to complete appropriate consultation and engagement activity.
1. To lead the development of the strategic policy framework and key strategic and corporate policies and strategies such as the Corporate Plan, Community Strategy etc.
1. To author and manage the policy development process for key strategic and corporate Policies through to formal adoption involving Elected Members, Senior Management and Partners, as necessary.
1. Provide technical advice surrounding the standards for policy and strategy development across the organisation and ensure templates that shape the development of policy/strategy are implemented corporately.
1. Develop and implement initiatives to heighten the awareness of service managers to their responsibilities for effective Policy and Strategy Development.
1. Design and research, as commissioned by CMT, to inform the development of corporate policy/strategy, investigate innovation and best practice from other organisations recommending where appropriate and using qualitative and quantitative data to support the direction of the Council’s consultation and engagement programme and statistical analysis capability.
1. Coordinate significant consultation and engagement activity, providing support and guidance to the responsible lead service.
2. Maintain a comprehensive awareness of emerging legislation, political/social/economic developments and best practice guidance affecting the Council and the community and provide advice on the content and implications of this, advising CDs/CMT as appropriate.
3. Lead on key projects, both internally and externally in partnership with other agencies and organisations.
4. Assist the council to identify funding opportunities and development of projects to meet organisational priorities. Leading or supporting Strategic Leads in the preparation of such funding bids and Project briefs.
Extensive practical experience (5 years) of undertaking Research and Policy and Strategy Development
Extensive practical experience of Consultation and engagement with stakeholders
Sound knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling projects.
A track record in team working and team leadership, working across departmental services.
Experience in presenting and facilitation of workshops.
Ability to identify and summarise complex information within tight timescales
Experience of leading, managing, influencing and negotiating change in a complex organisation.
Please only apply if you have the necessary skills, experience and expertise. The first part of our recruitment process is to send your CV