Human Resources Business Partner
12 Month Maternity Cover FTC
Our global business provides vital information, analysis and data solutions to business professionals across a wide range of sectors including financial services, aviation, commodities and agriculture within the Risk and Business Analytics (RBA) business of RELX. Through our solutions, we help customers achieve improved outcomes, save money, stay compliant and reduce risk.
So who are RBI and Proagrica?
Proagrica is a global provider of independent connectivity and data-driven support solutions for the agriculture and animal health industries. We deliver actionable intelligence to drive business growth across the value chain. Our superior products and services connect and empower industry participants to address their key needs around trading, productivity and compliance. Our solutions are built around the key competences of data connectivity and data analytics delivering seamless supply chain management, supply chain standards compliance, and customer insight and engagement, essential for businesses looking to improve their value offering and expand in the modern marketplace.
We are in an exciting period of growth in the world of online business information services and solutions, and are looking for an experienced HRBP to support our agricultural business Proagrica (with approx. 440 employees worldwide and our Global Production teams.
Reporting directly to HR Director for this portfolio of businesses, but with a strong dotted line alignment to management teams of the business you support, you will be responsible for partnering with the global leadership team to support the ongoing development and delivery of their people strategy. The role will be a member of the Proagrica Senior Leadership Team, with ownership of the people strategy in partnership with the MD and working with local in-country HR Business Partners to ensure the successful implementation of both business specific and RBA people initiatives.
The successful candidate will need to be strategic, results focused, adaptable and able to manage multiple priorities across a range of disparate business areas. They will need to have the ability to resolve organisational issues as they arise as well as pre-empt them in order to ensure risks are mitigated and the business is able to continue to operate. You will also be able to draw insight from data in order to help shape the future talent and people requirements of the organisation and identify any trends that help shape that future.
You will also be part of a larger global HR function of over 30 people, including HRBP’s and Centre’s of Expertise in Recruitment, Reward and Talent. As part of this team you will be expected to participate and input on wider RBA HR initiatives to support the continuous development of our high performance culture.
Key accountabilities / responsibilities include:
• Lead and support change initiatives across designated business areas in order to further improve profitability and revenue growth.
• Lead and support M&A activity, project managing the HR aspects of the acquisition, including DD, leading HR integration and working with the leadership teams of the acquired company going forward.
• Provide professional HR advice, coaching and support to managers in order to help shape their people strategy
• Function as partner and confidante to your client group in all areas of Human Resources; work to address any issues identified.
• Provide guidance and expertise in organisation structure and design to ensure support of the goals of the organisation
• Champion talent management to ensure improved attraction, retention and development of staff which drives the performance of the business and builds the longer term bench strength to critical positions.
• Proactively manage and develop relationships across all key stakeholder groups to support the delivery of your objectives, including partnering with COE’s, SSC, Employee relations specialists and the broader HRBP team.
• Partner with managers to resolve employee and organisational issues. Support successful resolution of these issues, minimizing risk to the organisation at all times.
• Support leaders on change management initiatives and lead HR work streams as required.
• Lead the deployment of all relevant Talent Management processes for your client group to ensure identification, assessment and development of talent required to deliver the businesses objectives.
• Lead workforce planning ensuring the short and long term talent requirements are identified to deliver the business strategy and work with the Recruitment and Talent COE’s to execute upon them.
• Drive employee engagement through the improvement and development of initiatives that align to the key outputs of the employee opinion surveys
• Communicate and reinforce the Company’s values and beliefs about people to develop a high performing organisation.
• Ensure equitable and consistent management of the company's compensation programs working with Compensation and senior management in reviewing business needs and market data to ensure competitiveness within market and ensure retention of key talent.
• Implement global people strategies driven for the overall portfolio. Collaborate closely with other team members to ensure a consistent approach to the implementation.
• Identify and manage key metrics and analytics to support decisions driving the people agenda for the organisation.
• Support and/or lead business projects e.g. Employee Opinion Survey, as required
• Accountable for ensuring country legal and legislative compliance at all times
• Proven experience operating as an HRBP in highly matrixed, global business.
• Sound knowledge and proven track record in all core aspects of HR management, including performance management, organisational change and restructures, absence management, disciplinary and grievance processes.
• Previous experience in working across multiple geographies
• Excellent analytical skills including experience of workforce planning, business reporting and fact based decision making
• Business and commercial orientated HR professional who is keenly interested in the customer and commercial aspects of the business.
• Passion for performance coaching and management at all levels
• Strong communication and influence skills
• Able to operate as part of a larger HR team
• Self-motivated and results orientated
• Analytical and curious
• Comfortable with change and ambiguity
• Able to work as part of a team; collaborative
• Ability to build relationships at all levels in the organisation.
• Post-graduate or equivalent experience
• Experience working across multiple industries & supporting a fully global P&L business.
• Experience of working in the high-tech industry preferred.
• Experience of leading a large, global business unit through a technical and cultural transformation