Test Lead required to join our leading global client in Aldershot to help lead an offshore testing team which will include test scripting, test planning, defect management and stakeholder management.
ITSQB / Agile / Automation / Manual / HP Toolset / OTM / Selenium Webdriver / TestNG /Java / SOAPUI / API
Produces automation test script materials and regression test packs to test new and amended software or services from company test artefacts.
Performs Root Cause Analysis of defects found to ensure speedy rectification by development.
Provides detailed analysis of all testing carried out on the environment ensuring all bugs risks and issues are logged correctly.
Actively provides feedback to test management which may result in new working practices or general test improvements.
Specifies needs for environment data, resources and tools. Interprets executes and documents complex test scripts using agreed methods and standards.
Supports the transition from manual testing to a Devops/CT test environment
Knowledge and Skills
Demonstrate a "developing" level of knowledge and understanding in
* Demonstrate effective communication processes meeting demands of both Test & Assurance Office of Technology Management (OTM) and program / project requirements.
* Ensure that knowledge is kept up-to-date with all relevant updates/releases to products.
* Working knowledge of HP toolset.
* Demonstrate good knowledge and understanding of testing market.
* Knowledge of CMMi/TMMi & ISO useful.
* Use appropriate tools for change control, risks and issues
* Provide focused, accurate and exact data analysis.
* Knowledge of min. 2 programming languages.
* Theoretical and practical knowledge of object-oriented development approaches.
* Strong software application skills (MS Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, Project).
* Develop and maintain documentation.
* Ability to work under pressure.
* Principles of ISTQB.
* Principles of Agile.
Education and Professional Qualifications
* University degree or equivalent preferably in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or similar.
* Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a software development or testing environment.
Additional Posting Information
Automation and manual testing skills essential
Tools in use include Selenium Webdriver/TestNG/Java, SOAPUI, UFT, Jenkins, ALM & Jira
Typical DevOps sprint environment with 2-week cycles
Understanding of automation running overnight daily
May need to produce some test plans and project documentation
Risk Based & Model based testing knowledge desired
Requirements Traceability Matrix skills desired
Devops/Continuous Integration knowledge desired
On certain projects, some testing will be on hardware
Capita IT Resourcing is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy