Assistant Project Accountant***£(Apply online only) a day (PAYE)***ASAP start***Croydon, Surrey***8 week contract role***
Our client is urgently looking for an Assistant Project Accountant to join their team on temporary, full time basis. This role will be responsible for assisting the financial management of project delivery within the Croydon Project Portfolio.
Responsibilities will include:
* Project Forecasting and Reporting
- Review and analyse project actual and forecast spend to support the financial control and forecasting
- Analyse new project forecasts, developing a view on robustness, timing, risk and opportunity.
- Maintain for each project the P&L, balance sheet, order book and cash flow
- Working with other parts of the project team as necessary eg Commercial function, prepare project reporting to the client where required
- If dealing with cost reimbursable contracts, ensure all project audit requirements are dealt with in a timely and professional manner
* Functional Reporting and Forecasting
- Ensure all project reports and forecasts are submitted to Central Finance on time, accurate, and are understood and approved
- Act as the independent conscience of the project ensuring the integrity of the financial status and forecast, escalating issues or concerns where necessary
* Month End
- Calculate and amend, where necessary, project accruals related to internal and agency staff, materials, expenses and major subcontractors
- Ensure the correct trading margin % and verify the traded position
- Provide commentary on traded position and financial status/movement where necessary
* Accounts Receivable
- Support the setup, submission and processing of Payment Applications, certificates and invoices, including all postings to the ledger
- If dealing with cost reimbursable contracts, ensure timely and accurate provision of all supporting information to enable issuing, approval and payment of project milestones in a timely manner
* Other Responsibilities
- Maintenance of the project within the SPIRIDON Project Ledger
- Compliance with all Group accounting policies, but in particular with the long term contract accounting policy
- Aim to continuously improve financial processes and systems
- Support adhoc activities and projects where required
What do I need to qualify for this job?
* Part Qualified/Qualified accountant ACCA/CIMA or equivalent
* Experience of working in a complex engineering, contracting or manufacturing environment
* Experience of working in multi-discipline teams
Think this could be the role for you? Please apply online now with an up to date version of your CV and a consultant will be in touch soon! Alternatively please call Adecco Croydon for more info!
We hope to hear from you soon!
Part Qualified/Qualified accountant ACCA/CIMA or equivalent
Experience of working in a complex engineering, contracting or manufacturing environment
Experience of working in multi-discipline teams
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser