Excellent interim opportunity for an experienced Head of Financial Control to assist the business during a significant period of change. Working closely with a Senior Project Manager, you will form part of the Finance leadership team responsible for the delivery of all periodic, regulatory and statutory reporting.
Reporting to the CFO you will lead a small but experienced team, duties will include but not restricted to;
* Lead on financial reporting framework for delivery of all statutory and regulatory reporting.
* Manages half year and year end reporting processes including production of statutory accounts and presentation to Board Audit Committee.
* Ensures all regulatory returns, including quarterly and annual Solvency II reports, are submitted accurately and in line with regulatory deadlines and internal control standards.
* Takes the lead in ensuring that all emerging regulatory and statutory reporting requirements are met.
* Identifies strategic and tactical actions required to ensure capital, and profit are optimised for the Division.
* Designs, delivers and maintains effective controls over the general ledger including appropriate reconciliations in compliance with risk appetite..
* Delivers the biannual Risk and Control Self Assessment for Financial Control
* Owner of Liquidity Risk, Market Risk and Financial Reporting Risk policies
* Leads, motivates and develops the team to ensure an effective working environment.
* Fosters a climate of colleague performance, development and succession planning.
* Champions the Group's culture and values.
* Leads the team to ensure first class standards of financial control.
* Formally manages the relationship with outsourced service providers; including the Investment Management company and Group Finance Shared Services, to ensure services are delivered in line with contract.
The successful applicant will be a Qualified Accountant from a Financial Services background ideally within Insurance. You will be a main point of contact for the regulators such as FCS and the PRA. You will have in depth knowledge of regulatory and statutory reporting requirements for financial services businesses. The business has been acquired and is in the process of being integrated into the new parent company, you will therefore need a track record of working in organisations going through significant periods of change.
This is an initial 3 month assignment but may well be extended as the business is integrated into the new parent company. For more information on this role please forward your CV to Sellick today. Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website