Head of Reward & Performance
Where this vacancy is based:
[temporary, but potentially long term role, subject to extension by the client]
What’s involved with this role:
• Overall responsibility for the department's personnel and training strategy
• Overall control of the personnel / human resource function
• Formulating personnel systems and strategies appropriate to the department’s mission and goals; Recruiting and electing staff
• Developing remuneration and reward procedures
• Keeping executives informed on personnel and employee-relations policies, as needed, to preserve and facilitate departmental strategy
• Planning and directing employee training and development programmes;
• Improving management / employee communications, including mediating in disputes and advising line managers on how to implement personnel policies
• Ensuring compliance with employment law
• Ensuring that health and safety procedures are adequate
This is a temporary, but possibly long term role.
You must have the following:
1. Your address (including post code) and a telephone number that we can reach you on during working hours
2. Your recent UK working experience, going back at least 5 years, with any gaps explained.
3. Confirmation of your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
4. Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
5. Educated to Degree level in relevant subject or equivalent level of experience of working at a similar level in a specialist area.
6. Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages
7. Your day and month of birth plus the last 3 digits of your National Insurance number, please. Sorry, but our public sector clients now want this information at the point of CV submission
8. Additional Skills and qualifications:
• Extensive experience in HR Reward and Performance (Essential)
• Expert understanding of HR governance guidelines, compliance and regulatory requirements
• Private sector experience
• Essential Functional / Technical Skills
• A Degree qualification in relevant area with Masters degree in HR or Business Administration desirable
• Extensive and in-depth experience in Reward and Performance
• Experience in strategy setting and implementation
• Proven experience in liaising and collaborating with business partners and the business to provide specialised advice
• Excellent stakeholder management and influencing skills
• Sound consulting, facilitation and advisory skills
• Remuneration committee experience
• Proven Reward Profession
• Job Evaluation, Pay Gradin System experience
1. Any Central Government/public sector experience
2. Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Client: Central Government Body
This opening assignment is for 7 months
Hours per week: 37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours