New style IT deployed fixed infrastructure Project Manager
Where this vacancy is based:
Corsham, SN13 9RA
Travel will be required to Farnborough MOD site
[temporary, but potentially long term role, subject to extension by the client]
What’s involved with this role:
• Implementation of the CARK and FARK NSoIT Hubs for BLACK, RED and BLUE.
• Provision of Infrastructure solutions to meet the URs for the NSoIT(D) Programme.
• Implementation of the NSoIT Large Nodes to support FLC's.
• Development of ISS Catalogue items that Front Line Commands (FLC) can draw upon.
• Management of the ARK Data centres including configuration, access and build.
• Task management of core infra work packages from the Programme project managers.
• Sub-project management of all Work Breakdown Structures; including SRF and SMS staffing.
• Due Diligence and management of 3rd party technical delivery and integration teams.
• Oversee the Infrastructure delivery from Industry to CARK and FARK.
• Preparation of all project documentation and artefacts to support Installation Assurance.
• Management of all access requirements for CARK and FARK.
• Management of the EngOps and contractor resource in the Build of CARK and FARK
• Project management of the physical installation and Build within the CARK and FARK.
• Ensure quality is assured through a rigorous application of Time, Cost and Performance.
• Provide in-depth modelling and, in particular, forecasting for RED, BLUE and BLACK delivery.
• Ensure that the project safety/assurance requirements are fully adhered to.
• Other activity as directed by the Programme/Project Manager.
This is a temporary, but possibly long term role.
You will need the following:
1. SC – Security Check
2. Your address (including post code) and a telephone number that we can reach you on during working hours
3. Your recent UK working experience, going back at least 5 years, with any gaps explained.
4. Confirmation of your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
5. Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
6. Educated to Degree level in relevant subject or equivalent level of experience of working at a similar level in a specialist area.
7. Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages
8. Your day and month of birth plus the last 3 digits of your National Insurance number, please. Sorry, but our public sector clients now want this information at the point of CV submission
9. Additional skills and qualifications:
• Previous project management experience, awareness of the logistics chain, ability to control the equipment build, clear understanding of configuration control and change management
1. Any Central Government/public sector experience
2. Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Client: Central Government Body
Division(s)/Disciplines involved: New style IT deployed fixed infrastructure
This opening assignment is for 11 months
Hours per week: 37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours