Application deadline: 8th April
Within the Project Planning and Control Competence Area (PPC CA) of the Process Assurance and Management Support Division (PRS), the Project Control Assistant provides support to budget preparation, cost and budget control, human resource and financial planning and project control reporting.
- Perform cost control activities, including processing of invoices and estimating costs;
- In the frame of Human Resource (HR) planning activities, support the establishment of the long-term HR plan and coordinate matrix support arrangements across departments;
- Support the preparation of inputs to the annual budgets and long-term financial planning;
- Control the budget implementation status in order to anticipate any major deviations and prepare for the year-end closure process;
- Coordinate the work packages for service contracts;
- Support Project Control reporting, as regards management and performance reporting including production/analysis of monthly performance indicators;
- Provide general administrative assistance for project control activities.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience with cost or project control tasks and in the operation of planning databases;
- Organised, detailed and methodical approach to work with the ability to handle high volumes of data;
- Good team-working and interpersonal skills with the ability to apply there both within and across teams;
- Knowledge and use of an ERP System, preferably SAP and its financial and controlling modules;
- Knowledge and use of scheduling tools such as Microsoft Project would be an advantage;
- Full secondary education and additional training and experience in a relevant discipline; AGES
- Candidates must be able to work effectively in English and have some knowledge of French.
The initial contract will be of 4 years' duration, with subsequent 5 year contracts being awarded thereafter, subject to individual performance and organisation requirements. There is no limit to the amount of follow-up contracts a staff member can receive up to the EUMETSAT retirement age of 63 and there are certainly opportunities to establish a long career perspective at EUMETSAT.
This post is graded B4/B5 on the EUMETSAT salary scales. The minimum basic salary for this post is EURO 4,287 per month (net of internal tax) which may be negotiable based on skills and experience. The salary scale provides for increments on the anniversary of taking up employment, and scales are reviewed by the EUMETSAT Council with effect from 1 January each year. In addition to basic salary, EUMETSAT offers attractive benefits. Further information, including salary details, is available on the EUMETSAT web site.
EUMETSAT is committed to providing an equal opportunities work environment for men and women.
Please note that only nationals of EUMETSAT Member States may apply. The EUMETSAT Convention requires that Staff shall be recruited based on their qualifications, account being taken of the international character of EUMETSAT.
EUMETSAT is Europe's meteorological satellite agency. Its role is to establish and operate meteorological satellites to monitor the weather and climate from space - 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. This information is supplied to the National Meteorological Services of the organisation's Member and Cooperating States in Europe, as well as other users worldwide.
EUMETSAT also operates several Copernicus missions on behalf of the European Union and provide data services to the Copernicus marine and atmospheric services and their users.
As an intergovernmental European Organisation, EUMETSAT has 30 Member States (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey and the United Kingdom).