Software Asset Manager – Basingstoke – 6 months
An experience SAM & Licensing Manager is sought for a well-known UK industry leading client based at their UK headquarters in the Basingstoke area. As the SAM Manager you will be tasked with driving their Software Asset Management interests forward across the business.
- Practical experience and a deep knowledge of SAM practices and their application within a complex environment (SAM, HAM, Config. Management, AD, etc)
- Broad knowledge of all area SAM touches such as procurement, commercial management, Active Directory, application packaging, application delivery, legal, project management, policies and procedures, etc
- A full understanding of ISO (phone number removed) and (phone number removed)
- Proficient in the control and management/costs of IT assets (or configuration items) including hardware, software, documentation, services & suppliers
- In depth knowledge and experience around licensing models for the large publishers particularly IBM, Oracle, Microsoft and SAP.
- Experience of reviewing technical design specification documents and being able to provide advice and guidance on the most effective licencing models to suit the need
- Innovative approach to complex licence issues. Either with regards to new purchasing requirements or with noncompliance issues
- In depth experience of interpreting licensing terms and conditions in contracts
The client can accommodate an immediate start for the right candidate.
To discuss this exciting opportunity in more detail, please contact Matt Hudson by phone on (phone number removed) or send your complete CV to
If you know someone who would be ideal for this role, by way of showing our appreciation, VIQU are offering an introduction fee up to £1,000 once your referral has started work with our client! (Terms apply)
To be the first to hear about other exciting opportunities, technology and recruitment news, please also follow VIQU IT Recruitment on LinkedIn; and Twitter; @VIQU_UK