Our client has a vacancy for an in-house Commercial Paralegal, based upon a 12 month fixed term contract. The Legal Department is responsible for regulatory and legal compliance, for its contracts with clients, suppliers and partners. This is an integral role which manages commercial contract case load including drafting and reviewing contracts, providing information about GDPR and commercial contracts advice and supporting internal clients to deliver business opportunities related to commercial contract issues with a GDPR bias. Our client has many thousands of clients and suppliers, so the Legal Department is very busy.
The main aspects of the role are to support the Head of Legal and Public Affairs to manage contracts with clients, suppliers, partners and mitigate risks. Your duties will include:
• Provide contract management and preparation services to the businesses on a day-to–day basis.
• Responsibility for drafting, negotiating and keeping up to date all standard terms and conditions, NDAs, supply agreements, I.T agreements and other ancillary agreements etc.
• Support and advise on data protection law including GDPR, Data Protection Act 2018 and Supervisory Authority’s Guidance as well as assisting on administrative task relation to adverse range of areas i.e. litigation and GDPR.
• Provide support in company secretarial matters including preparing, drafting and reviewing of board minutes, resolutions, and other governance documents, statutory filings and assisting with other corporate administration.
• Conduct legal research in relation to legal developments and / or changes pertinent to the business.
• Ensure that contracts are kept up to date in line with new legal developments especially GDPR, Modern Slavery and Brexit development (if any) to maximise their effectiveness for the Business.
• Support data subject access requests, ensuring that they are fully dealt with promptly and without undue delay.
• There is constant interaction with internal clients and Group Legal and DPO colleagues at all levels.
• To provide administrative support.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Previous experience in a similar role with exposure/experience in contractual and GDPR matters would be a significant advantage but they will provide training for the right individual.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• An eye for detail, strong organisational skills and able to take responsibility for own workload.
• A law degree or business law and/or LPC (or equivalent qualifications) is essential.
• Excellent in Microsoft word and excel
Due to the large number of responses we receive it is not always possible to respond to every application. We will only contact those candidates short-listed for this role. If you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. If you wish to apply for further roles please do so. We will retain your details on file and contact you should a suitable vacancy become available